BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-30-2019, 02:25 PM   #1
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Schwaben Multi-Functional Fluid Pump Kit 3L Review for 1M Trans and diff fluid

I bought this pump originally for changing the DSG fluid for my MKV GTI. It comes with all sorts of adapters including a special one that threads into the GTI gearbox to fill the transmission. I finally decided to try it out on the 1M and I give it 5 out of 5 stars. This thing is outstanding for filling the transmission fluid and diff fluid. It comes with several adapters and made it very easy to fill both on jackstands. It is very well built and just wanted to let DIYers that for the price, this is much better than those cheap fluid pumps or squeeze bottles. BMW used to make squeeze bottles for the diff fluid which I used for years. They were a pain in the butt and I always felt I would not have enough fluid because it was hard to squeeze all the fluid out, especially on jackstands but the new bottles don't have the squeeze option, so I broke out this pump. It was so easy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
ayao627.50
      06-30-2019, 05:54 PM   #2
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

What do you use to clean out the tank and tubing to prevent fluid cross-contamination?
Appreciate 1
gmx166.00
      06-30-2019, 08:09 PM   #3
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
What do you use to clean out the tank and tubing to prevent fluid cross-contamination?
Alcohol. I pour out as much of the old fluid as possible then fill it with some alcohol and swish it all about. You do a little hokey pokey and pump it all out. Then you put a little clean fluid or leftover from the last transmission or diff change and flush out the alcohol.

Just be careful to save your leftover diff fluid for flushing the next time. This stuff is expensive but I did and it was Perfect for that.
Appreciate 1
ayao627.50
      06-30-2019, 08:14 PM   #4
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Also I changed my diff and trans fluid less than four years ago and only about 12k miles and it was pretty dark. I only use the car for Sunday drives and cars and coffee. The diff fluid looked almost new but the trans looked like it was ready for a change.
Appreciate 0