BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #23
arvinz
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M VO

Garage List
I got same problem...Took the car into the dealer to have it checked and they said it was fixed but I noticed the rattle was still present...will probably look into it myself this spring/summer.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #24
MusclesCoupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Yup hk on my 1m rattles the rear gotta find a solution it's driving me nuts!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #25
toni8284
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
2016 M3  [0.00]
do I have to remove the back seat first before I can reach out the panel?

any instruction how to remove the seat and panel?
2014 F10 M5 LCI (SOLD)
2011 VO 1M (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #26
Drace1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by flzrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by benimin View Post
I've got an HK stereo and a similar rattle.. I localized mine to the interior panel on the passenger sides adjacent to the back seat. If I press lightly on the panel in front of the rear arm rest the rattle goes away. So I took it to the dealer for a fix.. they made the passenger side worse and "fixed" the driver side (which didn't rattle) without my approval and now I've got the rattle on that side too. Took it back again, another fix and they're both exactly the same. For now I've given up, but if someone finds a fix PLEASE share bc that rattle is the only niggle spoiling an otherwise perfect driving experience (mine's got 19,000 miles on it now bc I can't get enough).

I also had the squeak from the center armrest. I wd-40'd lightly between the hinges at the back of the armrest, moved it up and did the same from the front then moved it up/down to work it in. Because the gaps are so small it made a bit of a mess, but was easily cleaned and the it hasn't made a noise since (prob 6-8 months ago).
I tracked my noise down to the same location that you did. I plan on removing the panel and inspecting to see if there is any light interference between parts that could be wrapped in adhesive-backed felt or something similar.

I also have the occasional armrest creak when my arm is on it, too. It's not a major issue, though since I rarely rest my arm on it. But once it annoys me enough I'll try lubing it up like you did.

I'm also getting a new noise that sounds like it's coming from the seatbelt area of the B pillar. I really only hear it when taking off from a stop. Like the armrest, not a noise that is constantly occurring so not a major issue at this point.
This is exactly what's happening on mine as well.

Rear seat rattle and now the pillar rattle. It's getting a bit worst.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #27
MechE
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Rattle in Rear Passenger Side Interior Card

My September 2011 build car had the same rattle when playing bass heavy music.

I used the information in this thread to cure the problem: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229496

Some suggestions if you try this yourself:

1. There is no need to remove the seatbelt cover or any of the fasteners holding it in place.

2. When removing the side bolster, as discussed in post #22, reverse the process described. Pull out the top of the bolster to release the upper clamp and then pull the bolster up to release the lower pin. If you have a folding rear seat, lower the passenger side to allow better access to the bolster, but MAKE SURE you put a blanket over the metal attachments for the previously removed seat bottom so you don’t scratch the folded seat.

3. The rear card DOES NOT hook over the steel bodywork under the window, as mentioned in post #8. There are metal brackets that are hooked over the bodywork, but they are just attached to the card with spring loaded pins. You can pull the card straight off of these brackets and then rotate the card to lever it from under the rear airbag cover.

4. I’m pretty sure the root cause of the problem is the connectors shown in step 4 of post #18. That said, my car had a “fabric sleeve” that was supposed to be wrapped around these connectors to prevent them rattling. Unfortunately, this Velcro closed sleeve was not installed properly and had allowed the connectors to come loose. To prevent rattling, I first wrapped the sleeve around the yellow connector pair, then around the blue connector pair, and then pushed the Velcro into the black fabric to hold everything tight. Wrapping the connectors this way also prevents them from rattling against each other. I then used duct tape to attach the fabric/connector bundle to the side of car. I believe this rattle would never have occurred if the fabric sleeve had been installed correctly at the factory.
Appreciate 0