BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-19-2016, 01:22 AM   #23
HyeWarrior
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

Random, but how do you determine your exact build date?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 01:35 AM   #24
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
Random, but how do you determine your exact build date?
Check it in a VIN decoder ---->> http://bimmer.work
      04-19-2016, 03:34 PM   #25
silto
Rep
Drives: 135i e82

Also interested!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 07:39 AM   #26
Widowmaker
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12' 135i Alpine White n55 DCT

Hey guys I wanted to post my review of my tuning experience with Joe and this n55 ppk flash

I originally bought this K+DCAN cable a couple of weeks ago which did not end up working. When we tried to flash on Friday, my cable was not getting recognized by the software with a connection to the DME. Joe said he can 2 day ship a known working cable for $50 + $7 2 day shipping, where I have 10 days to return the cable and get $50 back, or keep the cable

http://www.amazon.com/PeleusTech-INP...ilpage_o04_s00

His cable came in yesterday, shot Joe a text and we were tuning within 45min. He uses TeamViewer and sends you 2 .zip files, 1 with the software needed on your computer to run the flash, the other I'm assuming is the actual PPK tune files

The experience is easy on my part! Joe walks you through every the step of the way. I set up my iPhone as a hotspot and connected my laptop to it, and we were able to tune off of a mobile hotspot! You will need to have the remote desktop connection software TeamViewer installed on your machine

You provide him with the connection details and once Joe remotes in, you're on your way. For my vehicle, a 2012 BMW n55 DCT with Build date late 2011, it took about 30 minutes

I originally got the PPK to fix my idle/surging/throttle lag issues as seen in this thread:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1033690

From my research, the PPK also does the same fix as the SIB 12-15-14 for the notorious issues our DCT equipped transmission cars experience. SO I figured hmmmmm option 1) Pay the dealer the $150-$175 I've been quoted to flash the SIB or 2) Pay half the price to Joe for the PPK tune and fix what the SIB fixes, plus gain some fun noises and +20hp

From my limited driving last night and this morning, all DCT transmission related issues have disappeared! Throttle response is almost instant (sans turbo lag), and the car is obviously much quicker. The exhaust (stock exhaust) does sound a bit sportier, I'm assuming the PPK does some sort of fuel combustion for some added burbles/pops

For $80, this is a hell of a deal for anyone wanting to fix their DCT issues and are out of warranty like myself. Half price versus what the dealer charges, with the added benefit of having a genuine BMW PPK1 flashed onto your vehicle

I would highly, highly recommend this option for anyone wanting to stay stock or have a baby tune. I do plan on upgrading to a jb4 later on, but in the meantime, this is the perfect cheap, intermediary solution

Last edited by Widowmaker; 05-03-2016 at 12:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 09:06 AM   #27
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Interested.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 09:33 AM   #28
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
Interested.
Pm sent
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 11:42 AM   #29
mar778c
Rep
Drives: 135i

Interested
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 12:15 PM   #30
CRYA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N55 135i

Interested as well. I've been coded before using "GoTomeeting". Is your remote program Mac compatible? I'm running the latest Mac software on a desktop and so I use a usb extension plus the cord to reach the driveway.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 02:30 PM   #31
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

LMAO @ paying $80 for this. I bet you didn't even get a copy of the standard tools.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 02:37 PM   #32
Widowmaker
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
LMAO @ paying $80 for this. I bet you didn't even get a copy of the standard tools.
While I know the PPK is free available for anyone to flash over at the n54 forums and I have read how to do it, some of us dont like to touch the DME on our own. Spending what is considered pennies to myself to have something flashed once, done right and proper, and never have to worry about anything going wrong again is worth the asking price alone. Standard tools gets installed on your machine during the process
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 02:41 PM   #33
CRYA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N55 135i

Quote:
I don't get it? Why so much hate for offering this service?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 02:48 PM   #34
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker View Post
Spending what is considered pennies to myself
You've either got a distorted perspective on your finances or you've got the wrong car / mods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker View Post
Standard tools gets installed on your machine during the process
Well, at least you got that, but it's probably better to install yourself as you'll gain intelligence and problem solving skills. It's really not difficult, longest part is downloading the SP-DATEN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRYA View Post
I don't get it? Why so much hate for offering this service?
Because it's a dead simple procedure that anyone can do for free using stolen tools & data from BMW that are widely available on the web. It would be one thing if the OP detailed this and linked to the DIY instructions on N54tech with the offer to do the work if one finds it too difficult, but he didn't.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 03:06 PM   #35
Widowmaker
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You've either got a distorted perspective on your finances or you've got the wrong car / mods.

Well, at least you got that, but it's probably better to install yourself as you'll gain intelligence and problem solving skills. It's really not difficult, longest part is downloading the SP-DATEN.

Because it's a dead simple procedure that anyone can do for free using stolen tools & data from BMW that are widely available on the web. It would be one thing if the OP detailed this and linked to the DIY instructions on N54tech with the offer to do the work if one finds it too difficult, but he didn't.
I honestly don't understand the condescending nature of your tone. I simply posted a review of my positive experience with a service offered by a vendor on this forum

If I decided the value in spending my $$$ was to have someone else flash what is a free service to those who can do it on their own for my own piece of mind, then so be it

If it's so easy for you, why not offer this and do it for free for everyone else? Take your time and be the white knight your trying to make yourself out to be. The vendor sees that this is something wanted by forum members, know they can do it and are offering a service for a cost. It's up to everyone else if they want to pay for it or not
Appreciate 2
      05-03-2016, 04:21 PM   #36
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I'm legitimately unhappy that a vendor has taken a free community discovery and tried to sell it with NO MENTION of the DIY. That does not make me a white knight, and my concern does not obligate me to hold anyone's hand to do the PPK flash or other std tools work. I'm letting people know that they can do something fun and rewarding themselves, for no more cost than a bit of effort. The popular argument against this is if your time is very valuable, it would be worthwhile to pay to have this all taken care of. That's a fallacy because if your time is actually that valuable you would be better off doing much more interesting things than a PPK.

Spoon feeding people information and holding their hands does not promote the kind of independent thinking, and logical problem solving that the majority of forum's membership desperately needs. If you guys could make decent arguments against what I'm saying I would just concede and be out of the thread.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 05:28 PM   #37
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRYA View Post
Interested as well. I've been coded before using "GoTomeeting". Is your remote program Mac compatible? I'm running the latest Mac software on a desktop and so I use a usb extension plus the cord to reach the driveway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar778c View Post
Interested
PMs sent.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 06:12 PM   #38
mar778c
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TopGearSolutions View Post
PMs sent.
Check your PM
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 01:25 AM   #39
pepper135I
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 6mt

What an douchebag.. I wonder if he also gets mad at vendors that offer coding services as well. What he needs to understand is some people would rather spend $100000 and not have to learn a thing, lift a finger, or like having the convenience of a knowledgeable person to troubleshoot with vs searching the forums like an ass hat for hours. That being said every part and tune on my car was installed by me and i definitely got/get satisfaction out of improving/working on my own car instead of just paying.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 03:39 AM   #40
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

The bigger question here is how a "legit" company is charging for use of leaked standard tools (BMW's IP)+ sp daten (BMW's IP) to install PPK (BMW's...you get it).

joe@TopGearSolutions, I would love for you to tell me how a real business can do this without the notice of BMW's legal department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper135I View Post
$100000
For that money they better at least give you the performance exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 03:52 AM   #41
pepper135I
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The bigger question here is how a "legit" company is charging for use of leaked standard tools (BMW's IP)+ sp daten (BMW's IP) to install PPK (BMW's...you get it).

joe@TopGearSolutions, I would love for you to tell me how a real business can do this without the notice of BMW's legal department.

For that money they better at least give you the performance exhaust.
How people spend their money is none of your business. If they want to pay Joe to take a shit in the front seat that is their decision . Get off your high horse . Secondly should coders be talked down too in the same way? They are charging for something that is free with a laptop and software ? Just stfu and stop being demeaning towards people who don't mod the same way as you ie paying for free upgrades or running piggy backs . Once again these examples aren't me personally but I'm sick of watching you run around this forum shit talking everyone who runs a jb4 or isn't inclined to work on their own car . Literally watched you post a whole hate message about jb4 when the dude asked about wastegate rattle. Now a seperate person posts a positive review and you slam both vendor and customer? If you have nothing nice to say keep it to yourself. If you can contribute and help other members then do so, but talking shit non stop when they are asking for help its ridiculous

The dude earlier was right, if your not willing to walk people through step by step or make a YouTube video to direct people to then you have no right to say anything negative . Time is money and they are using their time tuning people's cars that don't want to do it themselves.

Last edited by pepper135I; 05-04-2016 at 04:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 04:58 AM   #42
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper135I View Post
The dude earlier was right, if your not willing to walk people through step by step or make a YouTube video to direct people to then you have no right to say anything negative . Time is money and they are using their time tuning people's cars that don't want to do it themselves.
You know, you're right. I can't really reason this out to be any different from any other coding work, which isn't something I've ever gotten too worked up over. I was too hard on the OP. Nobody addressed my argument on spoon feeding / self instruction but that one was bullshit since the opposite is true: it would have helped to do more than just complain and mention a URL and presence of a DIY.
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2016, 09:22 AM   #43
pepper135I
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Can't wait to see the vid 🍆
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 09:24 PM   #44
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Hi Joe,

I am interested. Please send info.. Thanks.