BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-23-2016, 11:56 AM   #243
Rob_BMW_PNW
Captain
117
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: 135i 2011
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: PNW

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
Etune of course.

The important thing is even with MHD, the DCT cars are still challenging to tune. One of the tuners, wedge, has one and is making progress, but no one has shown one going through the gears at even medium boost 17-18 psi at redline. The only ps2 dct cars running correctly that I have seen are running the stack setup. Wedge is showing progress, but it is still in a single gear. Hoping he figures it out though.
I am working with Wedge as I have DCT and local, and I have shown you logs of me going from 3rd redline, into 4th and 5th. I believe a few times already.
__________________
2011 135i N55 Pure Stage 2 Turbo, Stage 2 LPFP, N54tuning.com Catless DP, Cobb Drop in, AEM Meth Kit, MHD, BMS OCC, Tuned by WedgePerformance
PI, LSD, and Dif lockdown coming soon
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2016, 12:32 PM   #244
houtan
Colonel
houtan's Avatar
420
Rep
2,283
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: socal

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_BMW_PNW View Post
I am working with Wedge as I have DCT and local, and I have shown you logs of me going from 3rd redline, into 4th and 5th. I believe a few times already.
You have, much appreciated btw. You guys are paving the way for dct cars.

Only thing is, weren't those logs with boost around 14psi at redline?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2016, 01:30 PM   #245
Rob_BMW_PNW
Captain
117
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: 135i 2011
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: PNW

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
You have, much appreciated btw. You guys are paving the way for dct cars.

Only thing is, weren't those logs with boost around 14psi at redline?
It was probably a mistake even showing the log for our dyno run, that was a slapped together map. The dyno operator almost never does a 3rd into 4th, into 5th on the dyno. They just do whatever gear you tell them from 2k to redline, then stop.

We did our runs in 5th gear.

http://www.datazap.me/u/robertnguyen...og=1&data=4-14
3rd into 4th and nearly redline again in 4th
3rd log has the same thing.
__________________
2011 135i N55 Pure Stage 2 Turbo, Stage 2 LPFP, N54tuning.com Catless DP, Cobb Drop in, AEM Meth Kit, MHD, BMS OCC, Tuned by WedgePerformance
PI, LSD, and Dif lockdown coming soon
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2016, 02:18 PM   #246
houtan
Colonel
houtan's Avatar
420
Rep
2,283
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: socal

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_BMW_PNW View Post
It was probably a mistake even showing the log for our dyno run, that was a slapped together map. The dyno operator almost never does a 3rd into 4th, into 5th on the dyno. They just do whatever gear you tell them from 2k to redline, then stop.

We did our runs in 5th gear.

http://www.datazap.me/u/robertnguyen...og=1&data=4-14
3rd into 4th and nearly redline again in 4th
3rd log has the same thing.
Definitely don't expect anyone to shift at redline on the dyno.

With DCT, a clean single gear pull doesn't always equate to a car that can actually stay wot through multiple gears.

What we need to get to is a dct ps2 car that runs normally flash only even at medium boost (18ish psi) Your logs show that which is awesome. Is it running solid 100% on that tune? Meaning it doesn't misfire every once in a while at 18 psi at redline? If so, that is a first via flash only. What fuel were those looking logs on?

Thanks again for sharing the logs. I think the final step once we have good logs is to see video driving or even better, video at a half mile event. So far, the only ps2 cars I see showing results at these events is on a stack setup.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2016, 04:29 PM   #247
Rob_BMW_PNW
Captain
117
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: 135i 2011
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: PNW

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
Definitely don't expect anyone to shift at redline on the dyno.

With DCT, a clean single gear pull doesn't always equate to a car that can actually stay wot through multiple gears.

What we need to get to is a dct ps2 car that runs normally flash only even at medium boost (18ish psi) Your logs show that which is awesome. Is it running solid 100% on that tune? Meaning it doesn't misfire every once in a while at 18 psi at redline? If so, that is a first via flash only. What fuel were those looking logs on?

Thanks again for sharing the logs. I think the final step once we have good logs is to see video driving or even better, video at a half mile event. So far, the only ps2 cars I see showing results at these events is on a stack setup.
Not with that map, didnt have any issues.

Here is an older map, that I am currently using, after I switched from the 'dyno map' and then a CMD WG map that I Was helping Ken with

http://www.datazap.me/u/robertnguyen...-testing?log=0

92 octane, no meth since it is cold out, and I may or may not have had a gallon of pure methanol in it with a full tank of 92 e10.

I let off cause of road limitations

Wont be doing any Commanded WG til next year when he is back.
__________________
2011 135i N55 Pure Stage 2 Turbo, Stage 2 LPFP, N54tuning.com Catless DP, Cobb Drop in, AEM Meth Kit, MHD, BMS OCC, Tuned by WedgePerformance
PI, LSD, and Dif lockdown coming soon
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2016, 04:53 PM   #248
Twisted Tuning
Major
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
946
Rep
1,279
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
I just found out recently that ptf switched to Commanded boost after a a while. When they did that the etune was much smoother and stronger. Not sure if it was different because of the limitations of cobb or something else though.

My buddy is the only DCT ps2 car that I know of. He tried flash via mhd when it was initially released with poor results so he is back to a stack setup and his car is running solid. Hopefully there is someone else on here that can help.

I am also still interested in results for stock turbo DCT fbo car on pump and e30. Any results you could share?
If he ran the OTS maps on a PS2 car. The car probably drove like crap. Because they were made with stock turbo cars. So poor results are expected. A custom tune By someone would change his mind. Tell him to hit me up. Stacking isn't needed with MHD. Short of someone wanting to stack with jb4 I'm assuming doe PI control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
Your buddy switched to MHD for N55 with his PS2 turbo? who tuned it for him?

MHD isn't a tune it's an app... the OTS maps available through the MHD app (tuned by Justin@MHD) are in no way shape or form meant to run a PS2 turbo.
This is correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
Overall, the test file you sent me looks less aggressive. No overshoots and less corrections. Despite being less aggressive, the logs from today plot exactly the same in VD as yesterdays V24 logs.

http://datazap.me/u/banks334/test-st...25-26-27-28-29

First 2 loaded runs are from today (Red/Blue). Last 2 loaded runs are from yesterday (Green/Gold).


Here is some logs of 3rd gear pulls and some logs of 3-4 pulls:
http://datazap.me/u/banks334/test-st...og=0&data=4-15

http://datazap.me/u/banks334/test-st...25-26-27-28-29

Good deal...ill check out your logs shortly. The VD plots are looking very consistent which is good.


Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
Definitely don't expect anyone to shift at redline on the dyno.

With DCT, a clean single gear pull doesn't always equate to a car that can actually stay wot through multiple gears.

What we need to get to is a dct ps2 car that runs normally flash only even at medium boost (18ish psi) Your logs show that which is awesome. Is it running solid 100% on that tune? Meaning it doesn't misfire every once in a while at 18 psi at redline? If so, that is a first via flash only. What fuel were those looking logs on?

Thanks again for sharing the logs. I think the final step once we have good logs is to see video driving or even better, video at a half mile event. So far, the only ps2 cars I see showing results at these events is on a stack setup.

Send me PS2 DCT car. 😀
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2016, 06:30 PM   #249
houtan
Colonel
houtan's Avatar
420
Rep
2,283
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: socal

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_BMW_PNW View Post
Not with that map, didnt have any issues.

Here is an older map, that I am currently using, after I switched from the 'dyno map' and then a CMD WG map that I Was helping Ken with

http://www.datazap.me/u/robertnguyen...-testing?log=0

92 octane, no meth since it is cold out, and I may or may not have had a gallon of pure methanol in it with a full tank of 92 e10.

I let off cause of road limitations

Wont be doing any Commanded WG til next year when he is back.
Thanks for posting. So it looks like you are able to max out the stock fuel system on flash using pump. Are you guys going to test e30 as well?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 12:43 AM   #250
Rob_BMW_PNW
Captain
117
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: 135i 2011
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: PNW

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
Thanks for posting. So it looks like you are able to max out the stock fuel system on flash using pump. Are you guys going to test e30 as well?
1 gallon of methanol is the only amount I have used, and even that is rough starting when cold out

I think Ill run like a pump, E40, and possibly E60 tune when I am PI
__________________
2011 135i N55 Pure Stage 2 Turbo, Stage 2 LPFP, N54tuning.com Catless DP, Cobb Drop in, AEM Meth Kit, MHD, BMS OCC, Tuned by WedgePerformance
PI, LSD, and Dif lockdown coming soon
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 11:57 AM   #251
bNks334
Major
bNks334's Avatar
341
Rep
1,016
Posts

Drives: '11 135i (N55)
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@MHD View Post
Good deal...ill check out your logs shortly. The VD plots are looking very consistent which is good.
Am I the only one showing corrections like this? I can't find any other stage 2+ logs that don't have other hardware issues like boost leaks lol...

The new logs I posted look better, but something is still off, and I think it's with the tune.

I found that it seems to be related to spool. If I coast at 2300 rpms and let rpms drop to 2000 to start my log, the car bogs (still meets all targets) and I get massive timing corrections (up to 9* on multiple cylinders). If I roll into the throttle, starting from like 1500rpms and driving up to 2000rpms (staying out of boost), and then start my log, I get less corrections and the car pulls like a beast.

If you look at the 3-4 pulls it looks like all the corrections occur in 3rd and then 4th gear looks perfect post shift with strong timing.

Should I try replacing the plugs and gaping them tighter (spark blowout @ .022" possible?)? Might scoop up some stock plugs at local part store just to see what happens.

Also, I've noticed the car doesn't always idle at 700 psi fuel pressure. Randomly, the car seems to jump and hold 1700psi. Is that normal?

Last edited by bNks334; 12-24-2016 at 12:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 04:59 PM   #252
Rob_BMW_PNW
Captain
117
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: 135i 2011
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: PNW

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
Am I the only one showing corrections like this? I can't find any other stage 2+ logs that don't have other hardware issues like boost leaks lol...

The new logs I posted look better, but something is still off, and I think it's with the tune.

I found that it seems to be related to spool. If I coast at 2300 rpms and let rpms drop to 2000 to start my log, the car bogs (still meets all targets) and I get massive timing corrections (up to 9* on multiple cylinders). If I roll into the throttle, starting from like 1500rpms and driving up to 2000rpms (staying out of boost), and then start my log, I get less corrections and the car pulls like a beast.

If you look at the 3-4 pulls it looks like all the corrections occur in 3rd and then 4th gear looks perfect post shift with strong timing.

Should I try replacing the plugs and gaping them tighter (spark blowout @ .022" possible?)? Might scoop up some stock plugs at local part store just to see what happens.

Also, I've noticed the car doesn't always idle at 700 psi fuel pressure. Randomly, the car seems to jump and hold 1700psi. Is that normal?
I get more corrections when I just mash it
If I roll into it somewhat gradually, but still quickly, I get less
__________________
2011 135i N55 Pure Stage 2 Turbo, Stage 2 LPFP, N54tuning.com Catless DP, Cobb Drop in, AEM Meth Kit, MHD, BMS OCC, Tuned by WedgePerformance
PI, LSD, and Dif lockdown coming soon
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 08:54 PM   #253
Twisted Tuning
Major
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
946
Rep
1,279
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
Am I the only one showing corrections like this? I can't find any other stage 2+ logs that don't have other hardware issues like boost leaks lol...

The new logs I posted look better, but something is still off, and I think it's with the tune.

I found that it seems to be related to spool. If I coast at 2300 rpms and let rpms drop to 2000 to start my log, the car bogs (still meets all targets) and I get massive timing corrections (up to 9* on multiple cylinders). If I roll into the throttle, starting from like 1500rpms and driving up to 2000rpms (staying out of boost), and then start my log, I get less corrections and the car pulls like a beast.

If you look at the 3-4 pulls it looks like all the corrections occur in 3rd and then 4th gear looks perfect post shift with strong timing.

Should I try replacing the plugs and gaping them tighter (spark blowout @ .022" possible?)? Might scoop up some stock plugs at local part store just to see what happens.

Also, I've noticed the car doesn't always idle at 700 psi fuel pressure. Randomly, the car seems to jump and hold 1700psi. Is that normal?
i've seen logs that had very bad timing corrections and none. on the same tune you are running. Couple people i have seen replaced plugs if they were old and gapped them down and the corrections went away. Some the decreased but still popped up randomly. There was a few people that switched gas stations and it cured the timing corrections.

How old are your plugs?

-9 is definitely excessive. And not a normal thing. Do you always go to the same gas station? you have one or maybe two logs with some pretty significant corrections, then the others with minimal to none. going to look more see if i see any indicator. Were the big correction ones some of the very first on the tune?

The Rail pressure, so just idling, the pressure jumps to 1700psi without doing anything at all? this i have not seen. only see Rail pressure rise with throttle application. You have a log of it happening?

Last edited by Twisted Tuning; 12-24-2016 at 09:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2016, 02:25 AM   #254
Rob_BMW_PNW
Captain
117
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: 135i 2011
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: PNW

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@MHD View Post
i've seen logs that had very bad timing corrections and none. on the same tune you are running. Couple people i have seen replaced plugs if they were old and gapped them down and the corrections went away. Some the decreased but still popped up randomly. There was a few people that switched gas stations and it cured the timing corrections.

How old are your plugs?

-9 is definitely excessive. And not a normal thing. Do you always go to the same gas station? you have one or maybe two logs with some pretty significant corrections, then the others with minimal to none. going to look more see if i see any indicator. Were the big correction ones some of the very first on the tune?

The Rail pressure, so just idling, the pressure jumps to 1700psi without doing anything at all? this i have not seen. only see Rail pressure rise with throttle application. You have a log of it happening?
Mine is like this too, Ill get some high and crazy corrections one run, and then like 1 cylinder next run, back and forth.

Gonna start running E30~ with all of my pump maps, I noticed my STFT is -15 near the end of my runs, and 0 through -5 throughout.

1 gallon of methanol with 13 gallons of pump does ok

I cant even run meth injection at all right now, it is 30~ out and even when I set it at very high tmap voltage, it still bogs and I will get -12 corrections across the board lol
__________________
2011 135i N55 Pure Stage 2 Turbo, Stage 2 LPFP, N54tuning.com Catless DP, Cobb Drop in, AEM Meth Kit, MHD, BMS OCC, Tuned by WedgePerformance
PI, LSD, and Dif lockdown coming soon
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2016, 01:01 PM   #255
bNks334
Major
bNks334's Avatar
341
Rep
1,016
Posts

Drives: '11 135i (N55)
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@MHD View Post
i've seen logs that had very bad timing corrections and none. on the same tune you are running. Couple people i have seen replaced plugs if they were old and gapped them down and the corrections went away. Some the decreased but still popped up randomly. There was a few people that switched gas stations and it cured the timing corrections.

How old are your plugs?

-9 is definitely excessive. And not a normal thing. Do you always go to the same gas station? you have one or maybe two logs with some pretty significant corrections, then the others with minimal to none. going to look more see if i see any indicator. Were the big correction ones some of the very first on the tune?

The Rail pressure, so just idling, the pressure jumps to 1700psi without doing anything at all? this i have not seen. only see Rail pressure rise with throttle application. You have a log of it happening?
I'll try new plugs monday. Logs should all be fairly well adapted unless I put in the description that they were "still learning."

Yes, when it was <20f out I had idle issues (jumping) and rail pressure would go up to 1700psi sitting at traffic lights. If I tapped the throttle, while in neutral, then rail pressure would drop down to normal 700psi and then settle back toward 1700. Never seen that before, but the car was doing it every day that week.

It's not doing it now that things have warmed up again. I'm also using the "test" file.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2016, 02:52 PM   #256
Ozi_milhouse
New Member
3
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 135i n55
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Sydney Australian

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
Am I the only one showing corrections like this? I can't find any other stage 2+ logs that don't have other hardware issues like boost leaks lol...
Hey bnks and Justin,

You're not the only one. I'm running stage 1+. And am getting 3 degree to 6 degree corrections. First I was running the 98 oct map with 98 oct fuel and getting 6 degree corrections. So tried the 95 oct map with 98 oct fuel. Still got the same number of corrections.

This on a car with plugs and coils only 14,000km old. So I changed the plugs and gapped to .020 inch. Improved the corrections to only mostly 3 degrees with the very odd 6 degree correction. Have now ordered new coils. Hope that's what it is but with only 14000km on them I find that unlikely.

Justin are 6 degree corrections on 1 or 2 cylinders in a pull all that bad? Because it feels so smooth and sweet otherwise. From seat of pants wouldn't even be able to tell.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2016, 05:01 PM   #257
houtan
Colonel
houtan's Avatar
420
Rep
2,283
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: socal

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@MHD View Post
If he ran the OTS maps on a PS2 car. The car probably drove like crap. Because they were made with stock turbo cars. So poor results are expected. A custom tune By someone would change his mind. Tell him to hit me up. Stacking isn't needed with MHD.


Send me PS2 DCT car. 😀
He was running a custom tune.

Right now he is happy with he way his car is running so he doesn't want to change it up. I don't blame him, here is his car on 18psi, MHD jb4 stack, at a half mile event: https://youtu.be/JHbDrhLeScM

As things continue to develop, hopefully we will see similar results flash only.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2016, 10:08 PM   #258
Rob_BMW_PNW
Captain
117
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: 135i 2011
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: PNW

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
He was running a custom tune.

Right now he is happy with he way his car is running so he doesn't want to change it up. I don't blame him, here is his car on 18psi, MHD jb4 stack, at a half mile event:


As things continue to develop, hopefully we will see similar results flash only.
That is Shea!

I talk to him a lot too
__________________
2011 135i N55 Pure Stage 2 Turbo, Stage 2 LPFP, N54tuning.com Catless DP, Cobb Drop in, AEM Meth Kit, MHD, BMS OCC, Tuned by WedgePerformance
PI, LSD, and Dif lockdown coming soon
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2016, 10:37 AM   #259
bNks334
Major
bNks334's Avatar
341
Rep
1,016
Posts

Drives: '11 135i (N55)
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
He was running a custom tune.

Right now he is happy with he way his car is running so he doesn't want to change it up. I don't blame him, here is his car on 18psi, MHD jb4 stack, at a half mile event:


As things continue to develop, hopefully we will see similar results flash only.
So, basically youre saying Terry's custom "back end" flash is superior to whoever was doing the custom flash.

Jb4 is only controlling boost. it's Terry's tuning making the car go.

At least that how I understand it... The jb4 doesn't offer any magic formula to make a ps2 car work. His car pulls hard though glad he's got it setup well.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2016, 11:09 AM   #260
Twisted Tuning
Major
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
946
Rep
1,279
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
He was running a custom tune.

Right now he is happy with he way his car is running so he doesn't want to change it up. I don't blame him, here is his car on 18psi, MHD jb4 stack, at a half mile event: https://youtu.be/JHbDrhLeScM

As things continue to develop, hopefully we will see similar results flash only.
Sorry but if he had issues with a custom tune. Whoever did it didn't know what they were doing. The JB4 is not "needed" for anything on this platform for it to perform. That's all I'll say in reference to that.
Appreciate 1
MHD Tuning1622.50

      12-26-2016, 11:12 AM   #261
Twisted Tuning
Major
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
946
Rep
1,279
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozi_milhouse View Post
Hey bnks and Justin,

You're not the only one. I'm running stage 1+. And am getting 3 degree to 6 degree corrections. First I was running the 98 oct map with 98 oct fuel and getting 6 degree corrections. So tried the 95 oct map with 98 oct fuel. Still got the same number of corrections.

This on a car with plugs and coils only 14,000km old. So I changed the plugs and gapped to .020 inch. Improved the corrections to only mostly 3 degrees with the very odd 6 degree correction. Have now ordered new coils. Hope that's what it is but with only 14000km on them I find that unlikely.

Justin are 6 degree corrections on 1 or 2 cylinders in a pull all that bad? Because it feels so smooth and sweet otherwise. From seat of pants wouldn't even be able to tell.
If it's pulling 6 degrees all the time. That's not acceptable. But -3 degrees here and there is nothing to really worry about
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2016, 11:19 AM   #262
houtan
Colonel
houtan's Avatar
420
Rep
2,283
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: socal

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
So, basically youre saying Terry's custom "back end" flash is superior to whoever was doing the custom flash.

Jb4 is only controlling boost. it's Terry's tuning making the car go.

At least that how I understand it... The jb4 doesn't offer any magic formula to make a ps2 car work. His car pulls hard though glad he's got it setup well.
No, I'm not saying that at all. The bms bef wasn't adjusted to run as flash only. My guess is if you tried to run it as a standalone, it wouldn't show much gains. It was set up to work with the jb4. My point is, the only ps2 cars showing results that I have seen are running a stack setup, and hopefully we can do the same flash only as things continue to get better with MHD. I know we will get there with MHD, the progress that has been made in a couple months is incredible.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2016, 11:23 AM   #263
houtan
Colonel
houtan's Avatar
420
Rep
2,283
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: socal

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@MHD View Post
Sorry but if he had issues with a custom tune. Whoever did it didn't know what they were doing. The JB4 is not "needed" for anything on this platform for it to perform. That's all I'll say in reference to that.
All good. I think the challenge is the DCT. For whatever reason it was impossible to tune on Cobb on even 17psi, but I think those roadblocks have been fixed with MHD per some of wedge and rob's posts.

I believe all we need is MHD, as I have a jb4, but it's sitting in a box somewhere . Just being patient waiting for the stage 2 results to start trickling in before even considering to take the stage 2 plunge. Starting to get the itch though, so who knows, I might say screw it and take the plunge anyway lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2016, 11:33 AM   #264
Twisted Tuning
Major
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
946
Rep
1,279
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
All good. I think the challenge is the DCT. For whatever reason it was impossible to tune on Cobb on even 17psi, but I think those roadblocks have been fixed with MHD per some of wedge and rob's posts.

I believe all we need is MHD, as I have a jb4, but it's sitting in a box somewhere . Just being patient waiting for the stage 2 results to start trickling in before even considering to take the stage 2 plunge. Starting to get the itch though, so who knows, I might say screw it and take the plunge anyway lol.
No sense in waiting
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
ecu, jb4, mhd, n55, tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST