BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-26-2016, 12:05 PM   #265
1love
New Member
5
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i dct
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Any word from the three shops about bench flashing?
Appreciate 3
cam3610.50
Tricki161.50
Xer044936.50

      12-26-2016, 05:56 PM   #266
Tricki
Lieutenant
Tricki's Avatar
Australia
162
Rep
526
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Comp
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@MHD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
He was running a custom tune.

Right now he is happy with he way his car is running so he doesn't want to change it up. I don't blame him, here is his car on 18psi, MHD jb4 stack, at a half mile event: https://youtu.be/JHbDrhLeScM

As things continue to develop, hopefully we will see similar results flash only.
Sorry but if he had issues with a custom tune. Whoever did it didn't know what they were doing. The JB4 is not "needed" for anything on this platform for it to perform. That's all I'll say in reference to that.
@Newguy123
Chime in here and let's get PS2 DCT cars to kick arse with MHD only!!
Appreciate 1
      12-27-2016, 04:52 AM   #267
katsooba
First Lieutenant
katsooba's Avatar
69
Rep
344
Posts

Drives: bmw 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Israel

iTrader: (0)

Hi, i have an EU 10/2010 n55 with latest bmw updated firmware and i want to know if mhd will overwrite it
I dont mind the overwrite, just want to make sure mhd will work on my car

Dont care for the factory firmware
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2016, 03:16 PM   #268
Rob_BMW_PNW
Captain
117
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: 135i 2011
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: PNW

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsooba View Post
Hi, i have an EU 10/2010 n55 with latest bmw updated firmware and i want to know if mhd will overwrite it
I dont mind the overwrite, just want to make sure mhd will work on my car

Dont care for the factory firmware
It will overwrite it to the the 'G0B' one which I think is the prior version. So it will work.
__________________
2011 135i N55 Pure Stage 2 Turbo, Stage 2 LPFP, N54tuning.com Catless DP, Cobb Drop in, AEM Meth Kit, MHD, BMS OCC, Tuned by WedgePerformance
PI, LSD, and Dif lockdown coming soon
Appreciate 1
MHD Tuning1621.00

      12-28-2016, 04:11 AM   #269
MHD Tuning
Major
MHD Tuning's Avatar
Germany
1621
Rep
1,216
Posts

Drives: M3F80#M5F90#340iF31#SupraA90
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1love View Post
Any word from the three shops about bench flashing?
one did the obd unlock and should install MHD this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsooba View Post
Hi, i have an EU 10/2010 n55 with latest bmw updated firmware and i want to know if mhd will overwrite it
I dont mind the overwrite, just want to make sure mhd will work on my car

Dont care for the factory firmware
It will work whatever your current ROM.
Appreciate 1
Tricki161.50

      12-28-2016, 06:51 AM   #270
katsooba
First Lieutenant
katsooba's Avatar
69
Rep
344
Posts

Drives: bmw 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Israel

iTrader: (0)

Rob and MHD

that is good to know!! Thank you for the info
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 09:05 AM   #271
bNks334
Major
bNks334's Avatar
341
Rep
1,016
Posts

Drives: '11 135i (N55)
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@MHD View Post
Good deal...ill check out your logs shortly. The VD plots are looking very consistent which is good.
So, took the time to pull my plugs out and gap them down from .022" to .018" No change in corrections so I can rule out blow-out. One pull will have 0 corrections and then two seconds later the next pull will have -6+ across the board.

Bahn posted 2 logs (in E90 post thread) done within minutes of each other that show the same thing: http://datazap.me/u/bellium/mhd-n55-...og=0&data=3-19

Check the 16_04_10 logs vs the 16_06_21 logs. 16_04_10 has corrections across the board and then 16_06_21 has no corrections.

I just picked up new plugs from the dealer. I feel like it was a waste of $120 and I'll probably return them. I don't think the corrections I am seeing are related to my plugs. My old plugs looked perfect when I took them out to re-gap. 1-step colder and no signs of fouling. In fact, I could probably go two steps colder. They were still torqued properly and the spark plug tip hadn't worn down at all after ~9k miles.

Seems like something causes the timing corrections early in the pull and then the DME slowly adds back timing which never fully recovers until upshifting.

Last edited by bNks334; 12-28-2016 at 09:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 09:36 AM   #272
velociti
First Lieutenant
158
Rep
355
Posts

Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (1)

Speaking of plugs, for a stock car running Stage 1 or a custom tune what's the ideal gap? Just put in new plugs and gapped them to .026. Is .022 suggested even for a stock car, or primarily for FBO or above?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 10:22 AM   #273
bNks334
Major
bNks334's Avatar
341
Rep
1,016
Posts

Drives: '11 135i (N55)
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by velociti View Post
Speaking of plugs, for a stock car running Stage 1 or a custom tune what's the ideal gap? Just put in new plugs and gapped them to .026. Is .022 suggested even for a stock car, or primarily for FBO or above?
That gap will work fine.

Tightening the gap allows you to run higher compression without resulting in spark blow-out. More boost = tighten gap. Technically, there is no one specific gap that works "best" though. It's a compromise between performance under load and economy at cruise.

If the spark can't jump the gap under cylinder pressure then you'll see misfires and dme codes. If this happens, simply re-gap your plugs a bit tighter. Plenty of people, with stock turbo, are running the stock gap of .031" without issue (they just threw in new stock plugs and never bothered gapping them tighter).

Last edited by bNks334; 12-28-2016 at 11:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 11:44 AM   #274
Rob_BMW_PNW
Captain
117
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: 135i 2011
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: PNW

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
So, took the time to pull my plugs out and gap them down from .022" to .018" No change in corrections so I can rule out blow-out. One pull will have 0 corrections and then two seconds later the next pull will have -6+ across the board.

Bahn posted 2 logs (in E90 post thread) done within minutes of each other that show the same thing: http://datazap.me/u/bellium/mhd-n55-...og=0&data=3-19

Check the 16_04_10 logs vs the 16_06_21 logs. 16_04_10 has corrections across the board and then 16_06_21 has no corrections.

I just picked up new plugs from the dealer. I feel like it was a waste of $120 and I'll probably return them. I don't think the corrections I am seeing are related to my plugs. My old plugs looked perfect when I took them out to re-gap. 1-step colder and no signs of fouling. In fact, I could probably go two steps colder. They were still torqued properly and the spark plug tip hadn't worn down at all after ~9k miles.

Seems like something causes the timing corrections early in the pull and then the DME slowly adds back timing which never fully recovers until upshifting.
I have runs like this too, some will have no corrections or just 1 cylinder -3

Then some will have multiple 3-6 degrees after. Cant be heat soak, its 30 degrees out lol.

I did a log Monday on pump gas, zero corrections in 3rd gear.
Mixed in E30, and got 3 cylinders -4 corrections, best I ever did was one cylinder that did -3 with higher octane lol
__________________
2011 135i N55 Pure Stage 2 Turbo, Stage 2 LPFP, N54tuning.com Catless DP, Cobb Drop in, AEM Meth Kit, MHD, BMS OCC, Tuned by WedgePerformance
PI, LSD, and Dif lockdown coming soon
Appreciate 1
bNks334341.00

      12-28-2016, 05:52 PM   #275
Ozi_milhouse
New Member
3
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 135i n55
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Sydney Australian

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_BMW_PNW View Post
I have runs like this too, some will have no corrections or just 1 cylinder -3

Then some will have multiple 3-6 degrees after. Cant be heat soak, its 30 degrees out lol.

I did a log Monday on pump gas, zero corrections in 3rd gear.
Mixed in E30, and got 3 cylinders -4 corrections, best I ever did was one cylinder that did -3 with higher octane lol
Hey guys,

I'm seeing the same thing. Just changed plugs and still have the same issue. Am waiting on new coils to see if that helps, but seems to be inconsistent. Get one run with a couple of 3 degree corrections then the next run is upto 8 degree correction on 1 cylinder. Plugs are gapped to 0.020. And to top it off am running 98 Ron on the 95 Ron map so shouldn't be fuel quality. Any fixes would be well received.

The car is bassically new with only 14,000km on it.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 06:04 PM   #276
Rob_BMW_PNW
Captain
117
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: 135i 2011
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: PNW

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozi_milhouse View Post
Hey guys,

I'm seeing the same thing. Just changed plugs and still have the same issue. Am waiting on new coils to see if that helps, but seems to be inconsistent. Get one run with a couple of 3 degree corrections then the next run is upto 8 degree correction on 1 cylinder. Plugs are gapped to 0.020. And to top it off am running 98 Ron on the 95 Ron map so shouldn't be fuel quality. Any fixes would be well received.

The car is bassically new with only 14,000km on it.
Post a log on datazap.me
__________________
2011 135i N55 Pure Stage 2 Turbo, Stage 2 LPFP, N54tuning.com Catless DP, Cobb Drop in, AEM Meth Kit, MHD, BMS OCC, Tuned by WedgePerformance
PI, LSD, and Dif lockdown coming soon
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 12:10 AM   #277
Ozi_milhouse
New Member
3
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 135i n55
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Sydney Australian

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_BMW_PNW View Post
Post a log on datazap.me
Hey Rob see below. Each link contains 3 logs from a different day.


http://www.datazap.me/u/justin-ibrah...m=0-54&mark=23

http://www.datazap.me/u/justin-ibrah...-31-32&solo=29

Will be replacing coils soon when they arrive but as there appears to be no consistency to cylinders affected not sure that will help.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 11:42 AM   #278
Rob_BMW_PNW
Captain
117
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: 135i 2011
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: PNW

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozi_milhouse View Post
Hey Rob see below. Each link contains 3 logs from a different day.


http://www.datazap.me/u/justin-ibrah...m=0-54&mark=23

http://www.datazap.me/u/justin-ibrah...-31-32&solo=29

Will be replacing coils soon when they arrive but as there appears to be no consistency to cylinders affected not sure that will help.
Log and post a 3rd gear 2500 to redline run. All of yours are in 2nd gear and you dont go high enough in the rpms
__________________
2011 135i N55 Pure Stage 2 Turbo, Stage 2 LPFP, N54tuning.com Catless DP, Cobb Drop in, AEM Meth Kit, MHD, BMS OCC, Tuned by WedgePerformance
PI, LSD, and Dif lockdown coming soon
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 02:18 PM   #279
Ozi_milhouse
New Member
3
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 135i n55
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Sydney Australian

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_BMW_PNW View Post
Log and post a 3rd gear 2500 to redline run. All of yours are in 2nd gear and you dont go high enough in the rpms
Yeah I realise this as don't have enough space for a 3rd gear pull without losing my licence. Regardless I would imagine a 3rd gear pull would be worse for corrections due to added load on the motor. Corrections are corrections no matter the gear.

I have left messages for the mhd guys. No doubt will hear back from them when they are back from holidays.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 03:35 PM   #280
Rob_BMW_PNW
Captain
117
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: 135i 2011
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: PNW

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozi_milhouse View Post
Yeah I realise this as don't have enough space for a 3rd gear pull without losing my licence. Regardless I would imagine a 3rd gear pull would be worse for corrections due to added load on the motor. Corrections are corrections no matter the gear.

I have left messages for the mhd guys. No doubt will hear back from them when they are back from holidays.

Cheers
Not entirely, otherwise we would all do 1st gear pulls and tune off of that.
__________________
2011 135i N55 Pure Stage 2 Turbo, Stage 2 LPFP, N54tuning.com Catless DP, Cobb Drop in, AEM Meth Kit, MHD, BMS OCC, Tuned by WedgePerformance
PI, LSD, and Dif lockdown coming soon
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 10:18 AM   #281
bNks334
Major
bNks334's Avatar
341
Rep
1,016
Posts

Drives: '11 135i (N55)
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (1)

Seems like Terry tunes for a very lean AFR. Even leaner than stock. His flashes don't misfire and produce strong timing. He's tuning at 15:1 at spool and only richening up to ~13.xx:1 without issue with big turbo setups.

Why are some tuners still sticking to the traditional port injection target of closer to 12:1? Seems like all that is doing is causing people to run out of fuel flow sooner?

Also wondering why Bahn had massive timing corrections with Stage 2+ (on some runs), and now the E30 tune he's running, at a much higher psi/load, is pretty much correction free. I'm moving further away from my corrections being a hardware issue. Maybe I'll give the E30 tune a try too since it's been refined more.

Last edited by bNks334; 12-30-2016 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 10:36 AM   #282
Twisted Tuning
Major
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
946
Rep
1,279
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
Seems like Terry tunes for a very lean AFR. Even leaner than stock. His flashes don't misfire and produce strong timing. He's tuning at 15:1 at spool and only richening up to ~13.xx:1 without issue with big turbo setups.

Why are some tuners still sticking to the traditional port injection target of closer to 12:1? Seems like all that is doing is causing people to run out of fuel flow sooner?

Also wondering why Bahn had massive timing corrections with Stage 2+ (on some runs), and now the E30 tune he's running, at a much higher psi/load, is pretty much correction free. I'm moving further away from my corrections being a hardware issue. Maybe I'll give the E30 tune a try too since it's been refined more.
Just because he is running that fuel ratio doesn't mean anything. Oh, FYI-timing targets and what the car is really doing are two different things. I've seen Jb4 logs dropping a lot of timing too. And here's the kicker..... they all having the timing corrections tables reduced. So there Is no real comparison. Because you don't even know how much the car would be correcting. Since it's all changed. That's all I'll say.
Appreciate 1
bNks334341.00

      12-30-2016, 10:51 AM   #283
1slo_135i
Private First Class
11
Rep
133
Posts

Drives: Arctic 08' e90
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

People running the e30 map, any significant gains over 93 stage 2+?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 11:00 AM   #284
bNks334
Major
bNks334's Avatar
341
Rep
1,016
Posts

Drives: '11 135i (N55)
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo_135i View Post
People running the e30 map, any significant gains over 93 stage 2+?
I'll try to get comparison logs once I flash it. Looks like a 200 load target instead of 190. VD shows about a 10whp gain for Bahn, but not sure the exact specs of his car to input (wheels/weight/weather temp)... he is also carrying a much higher load to redline. He hits 100mph in 3rd now based on his video!
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2016, 11:59 AM   #285
Rob_BMW_PNW
Captain
117
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: 135i 2011
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: PNW

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo_135i View Post
People running the e30 map, any significant gains over 93 stage 2+?
You'd think so, with higher octane, more timing, and boost
__________________
2011 135i N55 Pure Stage 2 Turbo, Stage 2 LPFP, N54tuning.com Catless DP, Cobb Drop in, AEM Meth Kit, MHD, BMS OCC, Tuned by WedgePerformance
PI, LSD, and Dif lockdown coming soon
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 12:00 PM   #286
Rob_BMW_PNW
Captain
117
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: 135i 2011
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: PNW

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
Seems like Terry tunes for a very lean AFR. Even leaner than stock. His flashes don't misfire and produce strong timing. He's tuning at 15:1 at spool and only richening up to ~13.xx:1 without issue with big turbo setups.

Why are some tuners still sticking to the traditional port injection target of closer to 12:1? Seems like all that is doing is causing people to run out of fuel flow sooner?

Also wondering why Bahn had massive timing corrections with Stage 2+ (on some runs), and now the E30 tune he's running, at a much higher psi/load, is pretty much correction free. I'm moving further away from my corrections being a hardware issue. Maybe I'll give the E30 tune a try too since it's been refined more.
Port injection is low mid 11s actually....They target 12 for e85 in the port injection world though
__________________
2011 135i N55 Pure Stage 2 Turbo, Stage 2 LPFP, N54tuning.com Catless DP, Cobb Drop in, AEM Meth Kit, MHD, BMS OCC, Tuned by WedgePerformance
PI, LSD, and Dif lockdown coming soon
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
ecu, jb4, mhd, n55, tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST