BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-09-2020, 11:45 AM   #1
Blueherb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i AW 09'

I don't know if I'm just having bad luck or if I'm doing something wrong.

This is the second time my drivers side Black line taillight has gone dim. Brakes lights still work (just a bulb) but the running LED is not as bright as the other side. Both times this has happened the light was only about 3-4 years old. There's no moisture whatsoever in the housing.

Is it even possible that my stereo setup can have anything to do with it since the amp is also on the drivers side? I currently have an aftermarket amp+sub. As of now the LED doesn't vary in brightness depending if I'm playing music or not.

This issue is getting really frustrating as these lights don't come cheap. Any thoughts would be great appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 12:06 PM   #2
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I'll have to ask the obvious. Did you swap lights to confirm the left tail light is indeed having a problem?

I haven't done the black lines but do have the LCI setup since my car is a 2013. I put in a Bimmertech amp in my car and don't have any issues.
Appreciate 0