04-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #23
l888apex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: #30/740 BSM 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowfro View Post
Sorry I might be misunderstanding...

So if I didn't get the premium/convenience package I'll still have the sensors on my bumper but they won't do anything?
I think so...just from what I have observed here. WLKSFTLY's car appears to have them without having the Convenience Package. Probably to keep costs down they just designed 1 bumper. Not sure if the sensors are in there but it looks as if the indentations for them are.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #24
E821M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M/330CI ZHP

I think PDC is standard on Canadien 1M's.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #25
clubspec330i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG F39, CB F86, MB 911T

Quote:
Originally Posted by inluvwithastripper View Post
I've got a stripped VO on order. I like the idea of a stripped car for a couple of reasons: (1) Weight, (2) Simplicity, and (3) I am planning on keeping this car for a very long time and there will be fewer things to break (and fix) later on.
For 1M
1. - Weight is no issue at all. A weight of driver is more of an issue. I track my E90 M3 couple of times a year. In Aug 2010 I was 212#. As of this morning, I am 175# sweat at 5'-11" thick Asian frame. That being said, I don't feel the car accell. any faster than than 10 months ago.
2 & 3 - True. Your dashboard will be clean and no outdated technology.

Quote:
However, I'm torn due to the fact that I plan on keeping and using this car as a daily driver (although not for my commute). I imagine someday kicking myself for not getting the accoutrements. Also, I think the nav console makes the interior look nicer by breaking up the vast expanse of the dash and making the alcantara steering cluster seem less lonely.

I know it's a matter of personal preference, but I would like to hear other's thoughts. I only plan on tracking the car a few days a year, if that makes any difference.
For a daily usage car, I prefer NAV. For the purpose, my wife's X5 was ordered loaded with most of the options. Heated seat in So Cal? Yes. Quite often, my house will get down to 45 degree in the morning. Thus, heated seat is great. Furthermore, technology package integrates nicely with the car so there is no out of place cellular holder to use as navigation system.

Really..to each his own.

My X5 is loaded.
My E90 M3 has Premium Package and no Sunroof-I would have ordered carbon fiber roof if one was availabled.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #26
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
I dont like Nav bc it will quickly become outdated.

Go look at Nav in a 1999 Mercedes or whatever early year car that had it. Its archaeic and basically unusable. Hell an 05 car with nav would even seem this way.
Sorry to bump such an old thread but we had this discussion where there were two camps on NAV (one felt it would become outdated and another suggested they would be able to upgrade to newer systems).

Now that BMW is announcing that they chose "INRIX Real Time Traffic Information for Next Gen RTTI Service" (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=702158) Im wondering if those with NAV will be able to upgrade/update through firmware.

I still stand by my initial comment that NAV will look dated and obsolete but I didnt expect it begin within a year. So is this something that the current system can incorporate?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #27
lcrain
Captain
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS

So I didn't really have an option when getting my 1M. I was too slow in deciding I wanted one so I had to find one in the used market. I went into the process wanting one with as many options as possible (preferably AW, BSM 2nd, don't think I would have purchased VO). It would be my daily for the foreseeable future and I thought I would like the extra tech/convenience stuff. I bought one with the two packages but none of the standalone options (apps, sat radio, and HK sound are all missing). So I have the Nav and all the other stuff that comes along with those packages.

I would have loved those other three options, probably those three more than any others (maybe its just an illusion since I don't have them). I love sat radio (can I retrofit?), the standard speakers are crappy IMO, and apps would have been cool. I have found the Nav to be less than great. I love it for all the other features but I don't really need it and the two of the three times I have needed it, it couldn't find the address.

I didn't have a choice, so I can't say I regret buying it with the two packages. I really wish it was fully loaded though. With the prospect of adding another car to "daily" I think a stripper would have sufficed. Again, no regrets here just some perspective. Everyone raved about how great the nav is, mediocre at best if you ask me.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #28
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrain View Post
So I didn't really have an option when getting my 1M. I was too slow in deciding I wanted one so I had to find one in the used market. I went into the process wanting one with as many options as possible (preferably AW, BSM 2nd, don't think I would have purchased VO). It would be my daily for the foreseeable future and I thought I would like the extra tech/convenience stuff. I bought one with the two packages but none of the standalone options (apps, sat radio, and HK sound are all missing). So I have the Nav and all the other stuff that comes along with those packages.

I would have loved those other three options, probably those three more than any others (maybe its just an illusion since I don't have them). I love sat radio (can I retrofit?), the standard speakers are crappy IMO, and apps would have been cool. I have found the Nav to be less than great. I love it for all the other features but I don't really need it and the two of the three times I have needed it, it couldn't find the address.

I didn't have a choice, so I can't say I regret buying it with the two packages. I really wish it was fully loaded though. With the prospect of adding another car to "daily" I think a stripper would have sufficed. Again, no regrets here just some perspective. Everyone raved about how great the nav is, mediocre at best if you ask me.
Talk to some dealers, sat radio (Xirus) and apps are software only retrofits IIRC. HK radio refrofit might be possibly but you'd have to find a die hard retro-fitter and bleed quite some $.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #29
Lancelawyer
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 135i convertible m sport

I ordered my 2012 135i convertible with m sport, convenience package, upgraded stereo (bluetooth mandatory) and leather seats. Still bumped up the price pretty steep, but includes everything I wanted. A garmin navigation device is inexpensive, simple to use, easily updated, and can be moved from one car to another. Any BMW looks awesome regardless of options. Your decision is simply personal preference and affordability.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #30
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
Sorry to bump such an old thread but we had this discussion where there were two camps on NAV (one felt it would become outdated and another suggested they would be able to upgrade to newer systems).

Now that BMW is announcing that they chose "INRIX Real Time Traffic Information for Next Gen RTTI Service" (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=702158) Im wondering if those with NAV will be able to upgrade/update through firmware.

I still stand by my initial comment that NAV will look dated and obsolete but I didnt expect it begin within a year. So is this something that the current system can incorporate?
I like how the BMW remote app now allows you to do a Google Local search and send the destination to NAV.

It may or may not be upgradeable to the next gen RT NAV but I have a hunch that in combination with BMW Apps and Smartphone integration, our NAVs will be quite functional in 5-10 years.

Real Time traffic is nice if you drive out of town a lot. I don't and I know the traffic patterns in ATL pretty well as well as lot of back roads.

So, I'm good.

The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0