BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-13-2016, 06:24 PM   #1
Tecmo89
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i Year One Edition

Getting turbos covered under warranty! :) But there's more...

Alright so the good news is that on my 2009 135i N54 with 60k miles, the turbos and wastegates are getting replaced for free. And I removed jb4 and scanned with BT scan tool to verify the car is clean before hand.

Now the bad news, see picture attached. The rotors and pads are outrageous priced, I have them in my garage from my store, just been lazy. And the tire is covered by discount tire so ignore those.

They are trying to tell me my car is leaking oil. I told them that I inspected the car before I brought it in and it was not leaking oil. I told him that the oil they saw was probably from me when I was being dumb and oil spilled a little from the filter housing when I loosened the cap to the filter when the car was a little too warm. Idk why I didn't do the drain plug first, it was early, didn't have my coffee yet.

Anyways, the valve cover part just gets me, do you think it really is cracked or are they trying to make up for the warranty loss?

Oh and the $800 to replace a $11 oil housing gasket I'll do it my self if I have too.

After all I didn't ask them to check my brakes and tires and they did anyways and gave me a quote.
Attached Images

Last edited by Tecmo89; 04-13-2016 at 07:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 08:19 PM   #2
ShyneJacob
Registered
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

Hit me up for a better price on the rotors and pads .
Appreciate 0