BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #45
YoungGuns
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Hey Metak, if I remember correctly you had sold your 1M? I just purchased the Eisenmann Race (without the connecting pipe) recently, still waiting for them to come. I'm wondering if the installation is easy? How's the fitment? Are there any tips you can give me for installation? Thanks,

Pete
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #46
HERR FSTIR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2C, VO 1M, GSA 1200

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGuns View Post
Hey Metak, if I remember correctly you had sold your 1M? I just purchased the Eisenmann Race (without the connecting pipe) recently, still waiting for them to come. I'm wondering if the installation is easy? How's the fitment? Are there any tips you can give me for installation? Thanks,

Pete
I installed the Eisenmann Race a few months ago. Straightforward and good fitment. Use some liquid soap or lubricant on the rubber hangers to make it easier.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #47
YoungGuns
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

HERR FSTIR, do you have any pics or vids?
Is there a DIY somewhere online for exhaust installs or it's all pretty straight forward? Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #48
HERR FSTIR
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
HERR FSTIR, do you have any pics or vids?
Is there a DIY somewhere online for exhaust installs or it's all pretty straight forward? Thanks in advance
It is really straight forward. I put small wood blocks under the rear tires so I had enough space to crawl under. Remove the two bolts from the flange where the midpipe meets the axle back exhaust, then pull the hangers off.

Install is pretty much the reverse, but put a little soap or lube on the hangers to make things easier. Having a small jack or extra wood blocking to support the exhaust while attaching the hangers will make things easier.

Double check the alignment of your exhaust tips with respect to the rear diffuser before tightening the bolts. It took me about 30 minutes from start to finish.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 03:18 AM   #49
YoungGuns
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Wow 30 min?! That's pretty fast! thanks for the heads up! How are you enjoying your exhaust? Are you running stock dp and midpipe?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #50
HERR FSTIR
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Wow 30 min?! That's pretty fast! thanks for the heads up! How are you enjoying your exhaust? Are you running stock dp and midpipe?

I have Madad midpipe with stock DPs. Installed it during the winter when my car is hibernating in the garage, so only recently in the last week or so have I had much opportunity to drive the car. The difference is noticeable although not a huge difference, and seems to becoming more evident as I put more miles on the exhaust. The best part is the enhanced burbling in the lower revs. Drone is about the same as before.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #51
YoungGuns
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Hmm, that's surprising to hear, Maddad midpipe and Race should yield a pretty big difference? At least that's what I thought. It will definitely be louder once the exhaust is broken in more though. I had the two midpipe cats gutted 2 months after purchasing the 1M, I don't know how different it would sound in comparison to the Maddad.

I love the burble! Do you think it's the resonator making the burbling? I think I read somewhere that once aftermarket exhaust was on the burbling was gone :/
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #52
bvez3ro
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F80 YMB

Quote:
I love the burble! Do you think it's the resonator making the burbling? I think I read somewhere that once aftermarket exhaust was on the burbling was gone :/
That's what i experienced first hand today. My dealer installed the eisenmann sport exhaust and there is no burble anymore.

Could it be, that the burble is back after the burn-in phase?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #53
YoungGuns
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Hey guys, any help is appreciated.. I'm having one hell of a time trying to pry off the exhaust hangers, been wd40'ing it too. no avail. Especially the two hangers at the exhaust tip end, how do you guys do it??? I even tried using the heat gun on it.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #54
HERR FSTIR
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I used pliars and a small bolt or similar shaped object. Align the bolt along the stud/hanger to act like a plunger, then grasp both with the pliars and disengage the rubber grommet from the hanger/stud.

The first one is most difficult. The rest are easier since you will have more play to move the exhaust around.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 02:26 AM   #55
YoungGuns
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Thanks Herr Fstir, with a buddy's help and his last min pry tool with a longer lever we finally got the stubborn hangers to come off. I have to say, without the right tools and just lube really killed my arms. Took me 3 hours to get the first rubber hanger off haha. Anyway, first day running the exhaust (I took out the 2 cats in the oem midpipe) with Eisenmann Race, from the driver's position the exhaust was pretty loud at about 1.8k rpm. However, the burble that I loved so much has decreased after the install at lower rpms. I'm not sure if it's because I was driving with the engine warmed up. I'm hoping that with cold start it would be more apparent?

The exhaust note from the exterior is spectacular. HERR roughly how many kilometers have you put on the exhaust post installation? And do you notice the increase in burble after putting more km on it?

My buddy has the maddad mids... and his burbles even more now, so I'm wondering if it's the maddads that makes the difference? What's your take on this?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 02:28 AM   #56
YoungGuns
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvez3ro View Post
That's what i experienced first hand today. My dealer installed the eisenmann sport exhaust and there is no burble anymore.

Could it be, that the burble is back after the burn-in phase?
Hmmm... we will have to see! I'll keep you updated on the burblin :P Also, how are you enjoying the sport version?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 01:28 AM   #57
HERR FSTIR
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Anyway, first day running the exhaust (I took out the 2 cats in the oem midpipe) with Eisenmann Race, from the driver's position the exhaust was pretty loud at about 1.8k rpm. However, the burble that I loved so much has decreased after the install at lower rpms...HERR roughly how many kilometers have you put on the exhaust post installation? And do you notice the increase in burble after putting more km on it?

My buddy has the maddad mids... and his burbles even more now, so I'm wondering if it's the maddads that makes the difference? What's your take on this?
Sorry to hear your install was such a PITA. Those hangers can be tough.

I also have a maddad mid pipe. I think it helps with the burbles.

I've only put on about 200 miles since installation (spring is slow in coming this year). I think it opens up a bit with more mileage.

Just got back from a drive, and I love rolling down the windows at a stop light and blipping the throttle - nice bit of burbling as the revs come back down to idle.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #58
bvez3ro
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F80 YMB

Quote:
Hmmm... we will have to see! I'll keep you updated on the burblin :P Also, how are you enjoying the sport version?
Now after 900 Km's the exhaust sounds a lot better. I love the deep rumble between 1000/2000 rpm. And i noticed the burble in lower revs and during upshifting in lower revs. On the downside there is more drone now between the 2500/3500 rpm. But overall i really like the eisenmann exhaust. It fits much better to the car than the oem exhaust with the tiny tips.
Appreciate 0