BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-06-2015, 10:45 AM   #1
rocat14
Private
Rep
Drives: Sapphire Black 335i xDrive MT

HELP, Cobb Accessport N54

Hey guys I just tuned my car with the accessport yesterday and LOVE it. But I did have one huge concern:
the rev limiter seems to have been *removed*. I do know that it is supposed to be bumped up to 7200, but I did not expect that it would be removed entirely.

I was driving, enjoying the new boost.. But found myself hitting over 7200 RPM.... I didn't realize that I was around 7500... Now I am not at all an abusive driver, and I don't think I would ever hit that RPM in normal conditions, but just the security of the limiter actually being there makes me feel more comfortable. Has anyone had an issue with a flash that actually has removed the limiter entirely?

Also, pulling from second into third I was going about 85... Which seemed WAY too fast... I am going to do some testing and grab the data from the Cobb today but any input would be really really great.

Thanks
Appreciate 0