BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-05-2007, 11:00 AM   #23
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvRobinson View Post
Mike, remember, if you drop off your car in Italy, someone will actually drive your car to the drop off point in Germany. Italy is the only country that does that. I'm not sure how you feel about having someone driving your car, but I just wanted to give you some heads up
Irv,
Thanks for that heads up. I remember that now you've mentioned it. I was planning ED for a '02 E46 M3 that never came to fruition and was wrestling with that fact. Where exactly are the drop-off points that I can drive to without getting a crazed Italian guy testing my car out on the autostrada?
      07-05-2007, 11:30 AM   #24
ice13water
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

do you get to keep the euro pean lisence plate

i wanna drive in the us with one
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2007, 01:00 PM   #25
coolray
Rep
Drives:

hi guys

just wondering if Canada also gets the ED service or does it only offers to our friends in US.

Also I read on Edmunds saying that "Find a dealer willing to negotiate from European Delivery wholesale, not European Delivery MSRP." whats the difference between European Delivery wholesale and European Delivery MSRP

Thanks Guys
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2007, 01:56 PM   #26
IrvRobinson2
Banned
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo View Post
Irv,
Thanks for that heads up. I remember that now you've mentioned it. I was planning ED for a '02 E46 M3 that never came to fruition and was wrestling with that fact. Where exactly are the drop-off points that I can drive to without getting a crazed Italian guy testing my car out on the autostrada?
BMW European Delivery

all the way on the bottom click on the pdf file with the drop off locations.

it has full addresses, phone numbers and email.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #27
IrvRobinson2
Banned
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolray View Post
hi guys

just wondering if Canada also gets the ED service or does it only offers to our friends in US.

Also I read on Edmunds saying that "Find a dealer willing to negotiate from European Delivery wholesale, not European Delivery MSRP." whats the difference between European Delivery wholesale and European Delivery MSRP

Thanks Guys
It is offered in Canada as well, but the savings are not that great. Their program is different and doesn't present as many advantages as ours. There are rumors that this will change, but we shall see.

European Delivery Wholesale, or Confidential price, is the price you negotiate up. Basically, the wholesale price is the invoice price, so you build your car, add all the options and fees, and then add the dealer's profit, usually around $1250. So, instead of negotiating down, you negotiate up because you know exactly what the lowest price is, the invoice price.

go to BMW Forums , download the pdf files with the pricing and see exactly what I'm talking about. it sounds confusing in the beginning, I know
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #28
IrvRobinson2
Banned
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUKnight View Post
I thought Austria needed an International drivers license?

Irv I have a question for you. Say I was trading a car in, would that be done before I took euro delivery or when the car actually came in and was delivered at the BMW dealer? I'm assuming when you place the order for ED you lock in your financing rate or Money Factor then just wait it out?
Mike
you will be fine, there were reports that you would need one, but I spoke with the ED office in NJ and the US consulate and there is no need for one. Some people went to their AAA office and received an International Driving Permit, but like I said, no need for it.

as far as trading the car, yes, you have to trade it before because the payment for ED is required 2 weeks prior your pick up date. You can lock in your MF for 2 months at a time, so if in 2 months a better rate comes out, you can lock that one again, for 2 months.

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2007, 03:47 PM   #29
amdmaxx
My gift Registry: M2
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future Mowner of Monster

I would love it.. get car in Germany, have some of that famous beer, drive to england for some Arsenal games, then head back to USA..... For those who are not married/have girlfriends who cant make it to the trip, thought about inviting a friend?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2007, 08:41 PM   #30
murdoc158
Private
Rep
Drives:

I was going to mention Irv's website, but since he is here and accounted for I don't need to. I plan on doing ED in a few years on a 135i. The savings alone are worth it, but factor in the sights of Europe and it's heaven. I'm thinking about picking the car up in Munich, driving to Marinello (Ferrari factory) and Rome in Italy, heading over to Monte Carlo, up to Paris, take a few laps on the Nurburgring, then back to Munich. It should make for quite the vacation.

Irv, I know you're just over the boarder in Il. I plan on visiting you when the time is right for my purchase. Have you worked with any BMW dealers in Milwaukee (International Autos, or Concours) as far buying the car at your dealership, and having it shipped to one of my local dealers?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #31
IrvRobinson2
Banned
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdoc158 View Post
I was going to mention Irv's website, but since he is here and accounted for I don't need to. I plan on doing ED in a few years on a 135i. The savings alone are worth it, but factor in the sights of Europe and it's heaven. I'm thinking about picking the car up in Munich, driving to Marinello (Ferrari factory) and Rome in Italy, heading over to Monte Carlo, up to Paris, take a few laps on the Nurburgring, then back to Munich. It should make for quite the vacation.

Irv, I know you're just over the boarder in Il. I plan on visiting you when the time is right for my purchase. Have you worked with any BMW dealers in Milwaukee (International Autos, or Concours) as far buying the car at your dealership, and having it shipped to one of my local dealers?
I haven't really worked with any dealerships in Milwaukee but I know they're not very friendly in terms of courtesy deliveries, so in case you would like to buy something from me, unfortunately you will have to drive to Illinois and pick it up. It would be so much easier if the dealers will cooperate and work together, but it's not always the case.
Sorry.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #32
IrvRobinson2
Banned
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdmaxx View Post
I would love it.. get car in Germany, have some of that famous beer, drive to england for some Arsenal games, then head back to USA..... For those who are not married/have girlfriends who cant make it to the trip, thought about inviting a friend?
yeah, you really can't go by yourself, find someone to go with you and you will enjoy it even more
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2007, 10:33 AM   #33
coolray
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
I haven't really worked with any dealerships in Milwaukee but I know they're not very friendly in terms of courtesy deliveries, so in case you would like to buy something from me, unfortunately you will have to drive to Illinois and pick it up. It would be so much easier if the dealers will cooperate and work together, but it's not always the case.
Sorry.

Hi Irv

Just wondering if you work with any dealers in Canada (specifically in Toronto) or you work exclusively with the US dealer.

Thanks

Ray
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2007, 10:59 AM   #34
IrvRobinson2
Banned
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Hi Irv

Just wondering if you work with any dealers in Canada (specifically in Toronto) or you work exclusively with the US dealer.

Thanks

Ray
Hello Ray,

sorry, I only sell cars in the US, we're not allowed to sell anything for Canada.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2007, 03:22 PM   #35
coolray
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Hello Ray,

sorry, I only sell cars in the US, we're not allowed to sell anything for Canada.
Hi Irv

Just wondering if you know anyone that does BMW ED in Canada.

The funny thing is it doesnt even mention ED on the official canadian BMW web site

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2007, 07:48 PM   #36
kindtree
Private
Rep
Drives:

Wow I never really read up on the ED program because I wasn't aware there was a discount involved.... And to get to see Europe again to boot! I lived in Geneva for a year and I've been trying to plan a trip back there for years; maybe this would be a great opportunity....
      07-06-2007, 08:15 PM   #37
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

The only problem I would have with European Delivery is that wait that goes on after you drop your car off. I dont think that I could wait more than a month for my car to get back to me (both practically and emotionally).

Otherwise, the savings are great and alone are worth it.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 12:41 AM   #38
IrvRobinson2
Banned
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Hi Irv

Just wondering if you know anyone that does BMW ED in Canada.

The funny thing is it doesnt even mention ED on the official canadian BMW web site

Thanks,
not from the top of my head, but I can find out who's the guy to talk to in Toronto. I will let you know
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 01:15 AM   #39
coolray
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
not from the top of my head, but I can find out who's the guy to talk to in Toronto. I will let you know

thanks for hooking a brother up :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 01:01 PM   #40
IrvRobinson2
Banned
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
thanks for hooking a brother up :thumbup:
Here is the name that I found out:

Gord Ferguson at BMW Toronto

Apparently, last year, there were only 11 EDs in Canada and he has done a few of them, so it seems to have more experience than others.

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 02:38 PM   #41
coolray
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Here is the name that I found out:

Gord Ferguson at BMW Toronto

Apparently, last year, there were only 11 EDs in Canada and he has done a few of them, so it seems to have more experience than others.

Good luck

thanks Irv I will try to get a hold of him
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 09:44 PM   #42
ein-er
Rep
Drives: '07 Cayenne S

ED will include BMW 'Ring School

Been giving ED some serious thought....

I'm planning to do the ED thing on a 135i. Thought about next spring but want to include some quality time at the Ring. BMW has a school at the Ring but, unfortunately, it is only conducted once a year in early August.

So, I may delay my ED until then so I can include the school. I may have to do the Porsche Driving Experience (Cayenne S) in the spring so I can make it through. :wink:

My itinerary would be: Fly LA to Muenchen, tour the BMW factory and new museum, take delivery and head to Austria.

In Austria, spend a day or two in Salzburg, then head south to Gmund (where Porsche's factory was located during and immediately following WWII). From Austria, I would head back to Stuttgart/Zuffenhausen to see the new Porsche museum and take a factory tour. I'd probably bypass any M-B content this trip.

From Stuttgart, I'd head up to the Ring, approximately halfway between Frankfurt and Koln for said quality time. The school is four or five days long, held during the week. Spend part of the weekend bumming around the countryside (Autobahn) and turn the car in on Monday, then fly Frankfurt to LA.

Whew!

I'm all for delayed gratification, especially if it means I can drive the car on the Ring!

BC
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 09:58 PM   #43
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

BC,
That sounds like a worthwhile delay alright.
      07-09-2007, 01:02 AM   #44
jaybert
Private
Rep
Drives:

at what point is it going to become possible to start scheduling dates for the 135i for ED? Will it be right after prices are announced?
Appreciate 0