BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-12-2019, 09:15 PM   #1
FtheBar.N55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 N55

Huge oil splatter after OFHG change

Hey all first post and I hope I'm posting in the correct place. Went to get an oil change done to my 1er and the dealership told me i had a bad leak from my OFHG and it needed to be replaced asap and wanted $1400 total. So I looked up some DIY's and got to it. Went smoothly, I replaced hot and cold side gaskets and bled my coolant system once everything was buttoned back up. On my way home tonight i did some pulls and she pulled just fine but when i pulled up to park i noticed smoke. Popped the hood and oil is everywhere...(just after i cleaned her up last night ) So i let her cool down and checked connections and everything is tight. Oil filter housing isn't moving and all hoses as well are nice and tight. Any ideas what could have caused this? where i should look or what to check other then connections on oil filter housing and cooler housing?

Side note... if anyone could link any DIYs to replace coolant level sensor it would be much appreciated. keep getting low coolant warning but it is at max.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 10:52 PM   #2
1'M Blue
Major
Oman
Rep
Drives: 1M

Hi freind this is the 1M Coupe section (N54) .
Appreciate 0