BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-09-2019, 09:40 AM   #1
mcv135
United_States
Rep
Drives: Stock 08 E82

Bavarian Autosport is closing

I received an email from Bavarian Autosport yesterday the 8th March in the early afternoon:
"With a heavy heart, Bavarian Autosport is sad to announce that we’ve closed our doors after 45 wonderful years. We have loved being part of your ommunity as we’ve built, raced, and repaired our cars together.

We are working on options to ensure that the Bavarian Autosport name will live on. Until then, thank you for your dedication and commitment to us over all these years."
I currently have an order pending with them and had emailed them two days prior, asking for an update on order-status. Now I wonder if I'll ever receive the order at all.

I'm wondering if anyone on this forum is in a similar situation, and if they've heard anything from BavAuto.

Thanks all,
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 10:17 AM   #2
gjm120
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i, 2021 230i

I rec'd the email. Hate to see them go away.
      03-09-2019, 10:40 AM   #3
NorthernDancer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 Sedona 128 & 06 330xiT 6MT

Such sad news (I donot have an order pending from them). I order 98% of my parts from them. I also went to most of their Show & Shines. I have to think that a very few staff are left to close out pending orders.
The owners are late 60's now and I think they want to step away (retire). I suspect they must have been looking for new owners for some time w/o success. As they have stated, hopefully new owners will be found and Bavarian will carry on. Some time ago I think ECS bought Turner-maybe there is an avenue there.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 03:27 PM   #4
PA135ii
seeking salvation
Rep
Drives: 18 Camaro SS 08 CR-V

wow. I buy a lot from them.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 04:19 PM   #5
SayHack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Generally speaking, when they say they are closing, it doesn't mean they close their door the same exact day. They just don't take any more orders now, and from logistic perspective, their inventory goes for sale (I'm 99% sure its already sold to either a wholesaler or another company like ECS, FCP, or others....at this point, 3 things can happen.

Likely: Your order will be shipped soon
Unlikely: You will see a refund a refund in your bank account soon
Super Unlikely: You get charged and ignored (your bank will refund you back anyways after few weeks )
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 01:51 PM   #6
Lymantis
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW 325xi

Bavarian Autosport Closing

Hey. Just curious about the order you placed. I placed an order on March 4th, and have only received only half of the order. I also have a return being processed (I hope) from a part not used during a recent repair. I've tried calling both numbers…and the calls have failed. Sent an email about the order, and one about the return a few days ago, and no response. Just curious if you've read or heard of anyway to get in touch with them. I've ordered most of my replacement parts from them for the past several years. Lemme know if you find something out.

Thanks,

Jesse
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 04:30 AM   #7
One4Fun
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

It's a bummer they are closing. Super weird for them to close so suddenly. Seems like they were successful.

I placed an order on March 8 at 12:30am and promptly received a confirmation email from them as well as one from PayPal. 11hrs later I received the "we're closing our doors" email. Kinda sucks because I really needed the tool I ordered. Anyway, The confirmation email from BavAuto mentions that my tracking number is below but there actually isn't one. I emailed them back but no response. I suspect I'm going to have to file a fraudulent claim to get my money back.

I'll keep this thread updated if I hear anything.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 11:18 PM   #8
mcv135
United_States
Rep
Drives: Stock 08 E82

Lymantis: I did end up receiving everything I had ordered, in the end.
Appreciate 0