BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-26-2019, 05:34 AM   #1
rowsdower
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i 6MT Sport

FS: 2011 128i Coupe 6MT Sport (TX)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
2011 BMW 128i SULEV (N51 engine)
84,XXX miles
6-speed manual
Space Grey over black Boston leather
Factory options: sport package, comfort access, leather seats, sunroof delete
VIN: WBAUP9C54BVF46427
Clean NJ title in hand
No accidents to my knowledge
Located in Dallas-Fort Worth area

I purchased this car as a CPO in 2013 with 26k miles and it was my daily driver for several years. It took me a long time to find a car with the sport package and sunroof delete. The sport package is a must in this car, it includes seats with excellent bolstering, black exterior window trim, sportier suspension, and staggered wheels. See below for updated suspension and wheel info. For the past 18 months, it has been our third car (“the fun car”). I’ve slowly added handling and power mods for track duty. This car has done 10 HPDE events, the rest of the mileage is street. On track, it is very neutral and can be lively if you want it to be. I have recently decided to sell this car and go with something more focused for the track. I would only be interested in a trade for a NA or ND Miata, plus cash in one direction or the other as appropriate.

Overall condition is good. I would rate both interior and exterior as 8/10. It has 84k miles and the rock chips to prove it. I’ve tried to keep up with touch-up paint. It gets a coat of sealant, wax, and leather conditioner every few months. The engine is healthy and does not burn oil or consume coolant. Oil and filter changes are done every 5k miles, and the valvetrain has no sludge - I have photos from recent valve cover replacement if requested. Most failure points have been addressed using Genuine or OEM parts over the past two years:
  • Valve cover (including integrated PCV which had failed), breather, and associated gaskets
  • Eccentric shaft sensor
  • MAF sensor
  • MAP sensor
  • Oil filter housing gasket
  • Oil pan gasket
  • O2 sensors (all 4, replaced right after header install)
  • Coils (plugs were done at 60k)
  • Accessory belt, tensioner, and idler pulley
  • Recalls for airbag and PCV heater completed by BMW Grapevine

Mods and known issues are listed below. Stock exhaust collectors, springs, control arms, mirror, shift knob, etc will all be included with sale, along with a second set of 4 calipers.

Mods
  • Street wheels - BMW style 262 7.5” wheels. This is a square setup of the stock rear wheels (four rear wheels from two sport package cars). 225/45R17 Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position tires. Will include two 10mm and two 7.5mm spacers (Turner) to sit flush.
  • Track wheels - Advanti Storm S1 17x9 with 245/40ZR17 Hankook Ventus R-S4 tires. These save 8lbs per corner vs the stock wheels. Purchased April 2019 from TireRack. This is the most tire that will fit under the stock fenders. You’ll get minor rubbing if you hit an inside track curb but does not rub under normal driving conditions. No TPMS sensors, but TPMS is coded out so there is no light on the dash. 5mm spacers for front wheels.
  • VAC hub extenders to run <10mm spacers on front hubs
  • Turner 75mm wheel studs and lug nuts
  • Eibach Pro-Kit springs
  • Koni Sport dampers (“Koni yellows”)
  • Dinan fixed camber plates
  • E90 M3 front control arms and tension struts
  • Whiteline 2-piece rear subframe bushings
  • E46 M3 transmission mounts
  • StopTech Street Performance pads with a few DE days left in them
  • Redline trans / diff fluids
  • ZHP shift knob
  • Clutch delay valve delete
  • Burger Motorsports clutch stop
  • Rear view mirror replaced with BMW UGDO/Homelink version
  • 3M gloss black wrap applied to chrome kidney grill surrounds. Can be easily removed in a few minutes if chrome is preferred.
  • Remanufactured calipers purchased January 2019 and painted with G2 caliper paint (lime green) to prevent surface rust.
  • Brake fade settings coded out, this allows the car to be run on track without going into limp mode
  • Turner silicone intake boot
  • Active Autowerke headers. Other than the headers, the exhaust is stock and retains the secondary cats to limit the smell associated with catless headers. Also retains the factory resonator, so there is no drone on the freeway.
  • Bimmer Performance Center 93 octane header tune

Known issues
  • Wear on the passenger right-side bolster, shown in photos
  • The “all” button, which is used to sync the driver/passenger temperature controls, no longer works. Both sides can still independently choose temperature. I suspect this is a coding issue, not a failed component, but I have not had time to investigate it.
  • Windshield has had a large circular crack for the past year. It is on the far right side of the windshield and does not affect driver’s visibility, so I haven’t had the windshield replaced.
  • Idle occasionally hunts (approximately 10% of the time at red lights). BPC notes this is common across N51 cars with headers and is not a concern as long as fuel trims stay below +/-10%. Long term fuel trims are -1.5% and 6% for banks 1 and 2, respectively. Idle speed was increased 150RPM to compensate for idle fluctuations, and the car is still very streetable. For those that followed my thread on this, it got drastically better once I replaced the valve cover with the failing PCV valve. At this point it is a minor annoyance rather than an “issue”.

Additional photos can be found at this Flickr album.

Last edited by rowsdower; 07-12-2019 at 06:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 12:37 PM   #2
rowsdower
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i 6MT Sport

Photo album updated to include shots of the bottom of the car detailing minor rust. I've also added more photos of the wheels showing that there is no curb damage on any of them.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 02:33 PM   #3
$iriu$black
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128

Whoa, did not see this coming. Anyways, good luck with whatever car you have next! Looks like you're moving to Miatas, which are excellent on track I've heard. Sad to lose another one of the 128i aficionados...

Free bump!.
Appreciate 0