BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

BMW With SuperCar

I know from the beginning that it wont work and both of the things cannot be compared, yes i'm talking about supercars or exotic (lambo, ferrari, and all of other animal badges lol), i know that driving those cars will be very different, attention at you and your car 24/7, nothing beats the entrance of a supercar.

however do the majority of the folks here later on will eventually end up there? buying those supercars, is these cars are the "aim" you guys have for the future. well obviously for me my car journey was still at the beginning, i'm all over about BMW, dreaming owning CSL, GTS and whatsoever dreaming collecting Ms as many as possible and not letting one go even once. but i'm not certain about the loyalty to the brand if i am going to compare with high end cars, especially just once i get in touch or own them later on,, well at one point in your life i believe that you want to be the center of attention,

what do you guys think about this?
      10-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

honestly, i don't think we buy these type of cars for attention unless you are a gazillionaire and you have nothing better to do with your money.

Before the 1M, I got the gtr because I don't have enough dough for a porsche which is my dream car, not lambo or ferrari. Porshce is the ultimate driving, no flashy wing doors or exotic futuristic 'look at me' type of car.

Besides the BMW M division, porsche still built driver's car. So for me Porsche is as far as I'm gonna go.
Waiting for the 911 50th Anniversary coming December.
So I'll be busy driving it, attention or not lol
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 04:57 AM   #3
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

lol, true i'm think porsche is one of those drivers car, created for pure enthusiast, no need the extra attention or gullwing doors
      10-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
DooBs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe 697/740

I AIN'T STOPPING UNTIL I HAVE A ZONDA CINQUE IN MY 1MILLIONTH GARAGE!!!
hahahaha honestly I don't care if no body looks at me. I'm buying cars for myself not others and Zondas have been a dream since childhood on a random calender i bought because it had a McLaren F1 in it haha

L1MTD

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #5
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooBs View Post
I AIN'T STOPPING UNTIL I HAVE A ZONDA CINQUE IN MY 1MILLIONTH GARAGE!!!
hahahaha honestly I don't care if no body looks at me. I'm buying cars for myself not others and Zondas have been a dream since childhood on a random calender i bought because it had a McLaren F1 in it haha
Nice dream, hope you'll catch it soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
I don't think that cars can be defined by performance alone. It is more how the car makes you feel when behind the wheel. If I was in supercar territory (which I aint) it would be a GT3 as it is a purely evolved focussed car, for a single purpose of driving joy. The 1M is a consolation here, as it is a "bad boy" in terms of raw brutal performance and fun at one's disposal. The GT3 is refined and sharp in every aspect. The 2 cars' are in different leagues. But if I had a 3 car garage, it would be GT3, 1M, X5M

Other animal badges are very cliche and IMO more attention-getters than purity
it is true that how it will make you feel behind the wheel, the other day my friend asked me to try to sit on his 458 and just feel it. the interior design it self makes me begging for it, but nevertheless i would be okay to get a supercar, but not 1M in exchange!
      10-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRSTM View Post
honestly, i don't think we buy these type of cars for attention unless you are a gazillionaire and you have nothing better to do with your money.

Before the 1M, I got the gtr because I don't have enough dough for a porsche which is my dream car, not lambo or ferrari. Porshce is the ultimate driving, no flashy wing doors or exotic futuristic 'look at me' type of car.

Besides the BMW M division, porsche still built driver's car. So for me Porsche is as far as I'm gonna go.
Waiting for the 911 50th Anniversary coming December.
So I'll be busy driving it, attention or not lol
We are so in sync it's scary.

I will be happy with a 991 GT3 which is within my means today. The only thing to work on is buy-in from the 'boss'. I don't even drive the 1M enough as it is, so I won't seriously go after the GT3 for a few more years.

If I have my 1M, a GT3 and a rainy day car (right now it's her Corolla! ) I will as happy as can be.
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by b33g33 View Post
We are so in sync it's scary.

I will be happy with a 991 GT3 which is within my means today. The only thing to work on is buy-in from the 'boss'. I don't even drive the 1M enough as it is, so I won't seriously go after the GT3 for a few more years.

If I have my 1M, a GT3 and a rainy day car (right now it's her Corolla! ) I will as happy as can be.
Rain or sunshine, I will be driving either one, its my daily driver and I alternate each so there will be low mileage lol.

I couldn't get the GT3, because too many obstacles, no rear seat, no allocation (at the moment) , and no manual. So the 50th anniversary is close enough and it is special like the 1M.
Appreciate 0