BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-04-2013, 05:00 AM   #1
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

NEED HELP Akrapovic Installation

as you know my exhaust's modified already and not in stock form or even use any stock exhaust, i was wondering the bolts, gasket, did akrapovic gave them to us?

the downpipe to midpipe 1, at the beginning i was confused where are the gaskets and the ring to tighten the bolts. so i go back and search for my OEM back home and found it. (Pic 1, shows the ring has not been found)

however, the center to (rear exhaust) the big one, i could not find the bolts and the gaskets, DOES THIS PART NEED GASKET? or just directly bolts? (2nd Pic)

so does Akrapovic need to be installed with BMW OEM bolts and gasket,

Also in the picture there are my DP, do i need another bracket to secure the down pipe? (3rd Pic, this shows the akra's not attached with bracket?)

so on the diagram basically what i need to get is the (3 and 4 ) ???

lol spend whole day for this yet did not manage to get it done. damn!
Attached Images

10-04-2013, 05:50 AM   #2
E30 Racer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '09 335i M Sport

Looks like you didn't receive any hardware...sure you've checked all the boxes?

According to Akra, BMW gaskets can be used between the downpipes and mids. I used AR gaskets here myself, as they have a larger ID and seemed to fit better.

Between the mids and rear section, you'll need an Akra donut gasket. The piping there is much larger than the original. I believe you can use the original bolts and springs, however.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 05:53 AM   #3
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Racer View Post
Looks like you didn't receive any hardware...sure you've checked all the boxes?

According to Akra, BMW gaskets can be used between the downpipes and mids. I used AR gaskets here myself, as they have a larger ID and seemed to fit better.

Between the mids and rear section, you'll need an Akra donut gasket. The piping there is much larger than the original. I believe you can use the original bolts and springs, however.
yes, i got the large donut gasket, i guess i should order the OEM bolts to fit there ..
thanks!
      10-04-2013, 05:56 AM   #4
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

To attach the midpipe to the rear exhaust, you will need two of the bolts (item 4), two of the springs (item 3) and the ring gasket (item 2).
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Farmer View Post
To attach the midpipe to the rear exhaust, you will need two of the bolts (item 4), two of the springs (item 3) and the ring gasket (item 2).
i believe that akra has already provided the ring gasket? should i use the OEM to?

thanks!
      10-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

For the Downpipe picture, do you guys know which bracket i should order to get the catless DP attached ?
Attached Images