BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-03-2008, 08:35 AM   #45
nobbyv
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourT6and2 View Post
Modifications shouldn't void a car's warranty.
Huh? So if you drop in two huge turbos, jack the pressure up to 35PSI, run a 150 shot of nitrous and a rod punches through the block the warranty should be honored? Modifications absolutely should void a car's warranty, whether it is a Lexus, BMW or anything else.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 08:53 AM   #46
FourT6and2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbyv View Post
Huh? So if you drop in two huge turbos, jack the pressure up to 35PSI, run a 150 shot of nitrous and a rod punches through the block the warranty should be honored? Modifications absolutely should void a car's warranty, whether it is a Lexus, BMW or anything else.
No, you misunderstood what I meant. If a modification EXPLICITLY CAUSES a malfunction, a warranty claim most certainly should be DENIED. But, that would not VOID a car's warranty right out.

And just having a modification on a car would not VOID a warranty; especially when no malfunction has occured. The dealer can't say, "hey...you have a short throw shifter in this car....we will now rip up your warranty." If that aftermarket part CAUSES a problem, that's a different story.

Read more carefully and this topic has been beaten to death.

My IS300 has plenty of modifications and even when one of my suspension mods DIRECTLY CAUSED another part to fail, Lexus still replaced it for free and covered all labor and such.

If BMW has sticks up their butt about warranty issues, that's not my fault.

Serisouly, are you just LOOKING for things to argue about without thinking them through?
      11-03-2008, 06:32 PM   #47
Bavarian MW
lurker
Rep
Drives: 16 s1000r 17 M240i 18 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourT6and2 View Post
No, you misunderstood what I meant. If a modification EXPLICITLY CAUSES a malfunction, a warranty claim most certainly should be DENIED. But, that would not VOID a car's warranty right out.

And just having a modification on a car would not VOID a warranty; especially when no malfunction has occured. The dealer can't say, "hey...you have a short throw shifter in this car....we will now rip up your warranty." If that aftermarket part CAUSES a problem, that's a different story.

Read more carefully and this topic has been beaten to death.

My IS300 has plenty of modifications and even when one of my suspension mods DIRECTLY CAUSED another part to fail, Lexus still replaced it for free and covered all labor and such.

If BMW has sticks up their butt about warranty issues, that's not my fault.

Serisouly, are you just LOOKING for things to argue about without thinking them through?
Even if he is, you seem to be able to argue back pretty well....

At this point in the thread what are you trying to accomplish here Mr. Lexus Driver?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 09:35 PM   #48
FourT6and2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian MW View Post
Even if he is, you seem to be able to argue back pretty well....

At this point in the thread what are you trying to accomplish here Mr. Lexus Driver?
I just typed a well thought out and sincere response. But, my computer died.

So, I'm just gonna let it go. I drive a Lexus, big whoop. But seriously, stop trying to derail this thread by insulting me and questioning my motives for trying to find out more about the N54; because that's all I'm trying to accompolish. Insipid and passive aggresive comments aren't helping. Unless you have something constructive to say, send me a PM if you want to start a pissing contest.

Peace.
      11-04-2008, 08:53 AM   #49
FourT6and2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

You know, I was simply trying to learn more about the N54 and 135i. My intentions were not to fight about Lexus vs. BMW or "bash" the 135i, which I most certainly was not.

I am not a troll and being accused of trolling is outright immature, especially when, in the original post, I was asking about specific details of the N54 engine and fuel system.

Mods, please lock this thread so it doesn't go further off-topic.