BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-13-2010, 10:43 AM   #89
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
988
Rep
2,333
Posts

Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (48)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@Alpine
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbg tom View Post
any issues with the kit beyond fuse burning out and adaptive lights? only thing holding me back. hold me for 7k + caps if we clear
No issues at all, I am sure over the 100 kits we have sold many members can chime in on this. All of our plastics and wires are tested well over 400F, never burn or anything. Also, many other vendors keep large units inside the headlights causing things to get in the way of the adaptive system, our Angel Eye system does not have anything but the bulb inside the housing.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 10:44 AM   #90
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
988
Rep
2,333
Posts

Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (48)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@Alpine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Looks like they went up in price, were $100 in this auction. I was advised against them when I was looking into it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

So what is the verdict - do we absolutely lose the adaptive feature of the headlights with the Alpine? I can live with a few blown fuses every now and then, but the adaptive lights is a fairly big compromise...
Not a single feature lost with this kit, and the kit is FUSED in 2 different areas of the kit for protection reasons, but it is very rare for a fuse to pop/burn, we have them in place just in case of a accident, electronic failure and so on.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #91
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
988
Rep
2,333
Posts

Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (48)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@Alpine
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Will there be another nice price drop since we keep getting more people in on this?
haha man, wish I could
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 10:49 AM   #92
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
988
Rep
2,333
Posts

Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (48)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@Alpine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Put me down for the GB as well Alex

I'm still torn between 7k / 8k
Did you want the caps also, or just the Angel Eye kit?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 01:34 AM   #93
HappyNDing
Private First Class
HappyNDing's Avatar
2
Rep
161
Posts

Drives: It drives me
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: E. Bay

iTrader: (0)

Add me to the list for the GB $150+CAPS if possible; I would like 6000K since it is similar to the new halo rings on the new 3/5-series and they are mesmerizing.
__________________
2010 135i
AW/CR
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 01:42 AM   #94
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
988
Rep
2,333
Posts

Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (48)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@Alpine
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyNDing View Post
Add me to the list for the GB $150+CAPS if possible; I would like 6000K since it is similar to the new halo rings on the new 3/5-series and they are mesmerizing.
Haha, they sure are, added
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 01:42 AM   #95
Garduna
Brigadier General
Garduna's Avatar
Canada
126
Rep
4,011
Posts

Drives: Former 1er Sedona Red/Now S3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
Did you want the caps also, or just the Angel Eye kit?
/w Caps please!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 01:42 AM   #96
Monster335is
Waking up from hybernation
Monster335is's Avatar
7
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: 2012 335is
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Santa Monica

iTrader: (0)

Best angel eyes on the market. I have the 8k. Great product. Great vendor!
__________________
I hate you, you, and especially you and hope that all the bad things in life happen to you and only you!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #97
wbg tom
Private
United_States
0
Rep
60
Posts

Drives: 2008 White 135i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Garland, TX

iTrader: (0)

alex, put me down for 7k + caps. you got soldiers that swear by you so i'm in
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 08:33 PM   #98
Clap135
Brigadier General
Clap135's Avatar
78
Rep
3,460
Posts

Drives: 2009 N54
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sticky's Mom House

iTrader: (1)

Put me down for 7k plus caps
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 08:50 PM   #99
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
988
Rep
2,333
Posts

Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (48)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@Alpine
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbg tom View Post
alex, put me down for 7k + caps. you got soldiers that swear by you so i'm in
haha, no problem added!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 08:52 PM   #100
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
988
Rep
2,333
Posts

Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (48)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@Alpine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap135 View Post
Put me down for 7k plus caps
15 was the cap, I have many iffy people who have been talking to me back and forth through PMs since the start of the group, I will leave the group buy open till 20, then I have to cut the group buy off, can not take no more.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 11:12 PM   #101
Tochenzo
Second Lieutenant
Tochenzo's Avatar
8
Rep
249
Posts

Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: VA

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
1998 328i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to Tochenzo
Sent you a PM Alex
__________________

National Capital Chapter BMW CCA #367673

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 04:45 AM   #102
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
988
Rep
2,333
Posts

Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (48)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@Alpine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tochenzo View Post
Sent you a PM Alex
Answered
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #103
Clap135
Brigadier General
Clap135's Avatar
78
Rep
3,460
Posts

Drives: 2009 N54
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sticky's Mom House

iTrader: (1)

Looks like I got lucky LOL. My rd ae were a complete post that failed within 5 months.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 12:24 PM   #104
jl4realz
New Member
jl4realz's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: Sapphire Black 128i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to jl4realz
Hey alex, if its not too much trouble please update me to 7000k. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 06:46 PM   #105
Garduna
Brigadier General
Garduna's Avatar
Canada
126
Rep
4,011
Posts

Drives: Former 1er Sedona Red/Now S3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

Update my info to 8k temp, thanks Alex
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 10:59 PM   #106
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
Mega Man's Avatar
United_States
168
Rep
2,045
Posts

Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
I was looking for my thread posting my lights, but I couldn't find it. Anyway, here's the pics:

This is in BROAD DAYLIGHT and look how visible they are. They really are an attention getter. You'll notice people turning their heads when you drive by, or even just sitting somewhere, notice the people glancing with, "oohs," and "ahhs."


At night, they are brighter than the non-HID rings you had before too.
This is just the halos on; no low beams or anything.

Notice with just the halos on, the light does spray out in front of you. I wouldn't recommend it, but you might get away with just driving with the halos on.

This is with low beams on (you get better visibility in front of you, the halos aren't so bright that you can't see your low beams). You can still see them cut a swathe through the darkness as they swivel left or right with your steering.


This is with the high beams. Sorry for the bad pics, they came from my cell phone. The high beams did brighten up more than this pic represents.


Those were 8k, so you may notice that the light did have a slight bluish tinge to it. I know, some people say it's ricer, but honestly, the slight blue looks good to me. Looking at the pic with just the halos on, you really notice a difference in color to the other two pictures. The low beams will still "outshine" your halos (as they should).
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #107
Mitch1er
Lieutenant
United_States
20
Rep
521
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: covina, CA

iTrader: (21)

if it's still possible, can you put me down for a 8,000k kit without the caps.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #108
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
988
Rep
2,333
Posts

Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (48)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@Alpine
Thank you man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
I was looking for my thread posting my lights, but I couldn't find it. Anyway, here's the pics:

This is in BROAD DAYLIGHT and look how visible they are. They really are an attention getter. You'll notice people turning their heads when you drive by, or even just sitting somewhere, notice the people glancing with, "oohs," and "ahhs."


At night, they are brighter than the non-HID rings you had before too.
This is just the halos on; no low beams or anything.

Notice with just the halos on, the light does spray out in front of you. I wouldn't recommend it, but you might get away with just driving with the halos on.

This is with low beams on (you get better visibility in front of you, the halos aren't so bright that you can't see your low beams). You can still see them cut a swathe through the darkness as they swivel left or right with your steering.


This is with the high beams. Sorry for the bad pics, they came from my cell phone. The high beams did brighten up more than this pic represents.


Those were 8k, so you may notice that the light did have a slight bluish tinge to it. I know, some people say it's ricer, but honestly, the slight blue looks good to me. Looking at the pic with just the halos on, you really notice a difference in color to the other two pictures. The low beams will still "outshine" your halos (as they should).
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 05:35 PM   #109
wenyong88
Private
1
Rep
86
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Mar 2008

iTrader: (0)

Please put me down on 8k w/Cap!
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
135i Montego Blue | Lemon | HG Black | Auto
Premium | Sport | Heated Seats | Comfort
[COLOR=darkolivegreen]Mods: 20% Tint | Ventureshield Clear Bra | GB E-Brake | Performance Pedals | Streamline SE Air Filter | Rear Fogs | GP Thunder 7500k | Alarm Kit

Last edited by wenyong88; 07-16-2010 at 05:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 06:39 PM   #110
Bdh821
Major
37
Rep
1,254
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 335i xdrive
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MA

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Bdh821
Put me down for 7000k w/ caps please! Thanks

Last edited by Bdh821; 07-16-2010 at 06:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST