thepro50
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

AW 1M for sale

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I hate to do this but don't have much of an option.

My story is this: Had a deposit for a 1M back last November, before the car was officially announced, finally received my 1M August 30th. On October 6th I came home from work and my wife tells me she is pregnant . We are unbelievaibly excited but then I start to think is a 1M really a practical family car. After many discussions my wife says, I want to you to keep the car as long as were aren't having multiples (they run in her family). Of course I agree and yes she is a keeper. This car is amazing. Well on Friday we had our first ultrasound and low and behold we are having twins!! Therefore don't have much of a choice even though it breaks my heart but to offer the car up for sale.

The car is an AW 1M with H/K sound and heated seats. It has 2950 miles on it and received the run in service at 1150 miles, the transmission fluid was not touched and all other fluids were correctly changed. I also have the 1M orange stripped floor matts as well. It is in pristine condition. The only modification I did was tint the windows, SunTek carbon tint, and the windows look great. I can post pics or email if anyone requests.

I am looking to sell at 50K or obo. Not really looking to make a profit of the car. I really want it to go to an enthusiast's home. As such I am not going to list it on other sites for the next two weeks. PM me for any additional details.

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Sorry to hear that. I have two kids and two car seats fit fine in the back and the trunk is big enough to carry what you really need, diapers, bottle! Just a thought! Most first time parents think they have to carry a mini home in their car and after a while you realize all you need is a diaper bag. I would hate you to lose a perfectly good car for two kids on this common misperception.

Best wishes and double-congratulations.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #3
thepro50
Rep

I'm not a big fan of this either. The problem arises that our famliies live about 5 hours away so any trip is atleast a couple of days and othe car is a 335d, at least it's a sedan. So it's suv for the wife and diesel for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
Clovis
Rep
Drives: 2007 Lotus Exige S

Hello, new to the forum. Just sold my Exige S and very interested in your car. Please email me at aspexige at gmail dotcom or send me a PM. Please include your phone number and I'll give you a call.

Last edited by Clovis; 12-03-2011 at 08:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

I can't tell you how much fun my daughter had while riding with me in the back of my E30 M3.. She giggled and asked for me to do it again rounding corners.. Really hate to see people dump a practical sports car due to kids.. and the 1M is certainly practical enough, if you want it to be... As Nacho indicated.. many new parents mistakenly feel that every vehicle has to be big enough to carry the kids and parents on every single trip when you most likely will use one vehicle for longer trips or for all family in situations. If this was a Z4... sure.. sell.. But a 1M that can seat all four for short trips and most likely would still normally have you and possibly two kids if picking them up from daycare... As far as I am concerned, you are selling the wrong car...

Sell 335d and Get an SUV for her. Problem Solved.

If you decide to sell.. Clovis can be another of the DFW 1M crew though!

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 12-03-2011 at 08:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #6
ESC OFF
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, CaymanS, 914, 500 Abarth

Good luck with the sale, you should have no problem since you're asking a reasonable price. And more impotrantly congrats on the babies!!

Last edited by ESC OFF; 12-05-2011 at 12:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 12:15 AM   #7
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

First off, congrats on the twins! That is awesome.

Have you considered keeping your 1M until you absolutely know for certain it won't work out with your family situation? I have a feeling you'll one day be saying "I wish we never would have sold the 1M". In fact, it will probably be your twins who will be lamenting the fact that their Mom and Dad sold the 1M.

Keep the 1M. Do it for the children.

We had a Honda Civic (and no other vehicle) until our third child was born. The oldest was barely 2 1/2 years old at the time. We couldn't physically fit three child seats in the Civic (back seat too narrow) so we had to sell it. But for two kids it was fine. We moved 2,200 miles to New Jersey in that car and it's a memory we'll cherish forever.

Now we have 7 kids. Our oldest is 11 and our youngest is 3 months. We have outgrown our 8-seat Honda Odyssey and we were looking at getting a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter to carry everyone. Then 12 days after our youngest child was born I found an allocation for a 1M. It wasn't even a question--put the Sprinter purchase on hold and get the 1M. If we ever need to go anywhere with the whole family, we just take two cars. And for long trips, we just...well we haven't figured that out yet but who cares because we have a 1M! (Credit goes here to my amazing wife.)

Good luck with whatever you decide. You're having twins and that is fantastic and by far the most important thing.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 12:20 AM   #8
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Congrats on the great joy coming to you,my wife and I had a baby boy 2 months ago. I can agree the 1M is no family car. GLWS I don't see you having problems with a quick sale.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 08:23 AM   #9
goforwand
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Comp, 2020 BMW X5

Hmmm....this is a tough one! The fact that you already have (or are getting) the SUV would make me think it would be best to sell the 335d and keep the 1M, as even in a pinch the 1M would be workable. As others have suggested, you may want to try it out for a few months; demand for the 1M will still be there!

Regardless, you should have no problem selling!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #10
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Hey Pro! I met you when you came over to Jax to have the window's tinted. I just got back from my PCD with my 1M. The wait is finally over!

Sorry to hear that you're letting the car go, but definitely more importantly, congratulations on the twins! Best of luck with the sale and the new life chapter.
      12-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #11
Clovis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
Hello, new to the forum. Just sold my Exige S and very interested in your car. Please email me at aspexige at gmail dotcom or send me a PM. Please include your phone number and I'll give you a call.
Also, if you are able to provide a few pics that would be appreciated. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #12
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Sad to see you let it go, but on the flip side, congratulations on your twins!

Fellas, I have seen the car in person and it is a clean, like-new machine with a meticulous owner. He is also sporting the exact same window tint film I have on my car which not only looks great, but does not interfere with any signals.

GLWS!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #13
thepro50
Rep

Clovis- I will send you some pics when I get home tonight.

Etien thanks for the kind words. You're going to have to give me a ride after mine sells.

Yes I am OCD about the car, it has not been tracked and is spotless Just want it to go to a good home.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #14
Clovis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepro50 View Post
Clovis- I will send you some pics when I get home tonight.

Etien thanks for the kind words. You're going to have to give me a ride after mine sells.

Yes I am OCD about the car, it has not been tracked and is spotless Just want it to go to a good home.
Perfect, I look forward to seeing them! If this works out, fingers crossed, I can gaurantee it's going to a fellow OCD enthusiast home.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 12:02 PM   #15
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

PM'd
      12-13-2011, 06:36 PM   #16
stifun
Rep
Drives: future 135i owner

I don't have what you are asking but I am pre approved for $45K let me know if you would consider my offer.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #17
thepro50
Rep

Car was sold on Sunday.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #18
DooBs
Captain
United_States