BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
TravelJoker
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Is this a good deal? 2010 135i

Hello Everyone,

First time buyer here, looking at this car currently. Curious what a reasonable price is for this to make it a decent deal... I feel like the 37k is quote high, but it is well equipped. Sales guy is saying they don't discount usually off internet prices more than a few hundred, but sounds shady.

Couple things:

1) Not CPO'd. Concern? I'm being told this isn't usually done on 2010's with such low mileage, and that the warranty is good through 5/2014
2) What's the difference between the M Sport package vs Sport package? This has the sport package, but includes the M steering wheel...? Bit confused.
3) How does the 135 hold it's resale value vs a 335? What would a dealer offer on this if I decided to trade it in the next day? Is the 135 extremely difficult to resell privately because of a perception that it is entry level?

(Thinking of buying this tonight or next day, so please, no one pick me off on buying this car. Thanks.)

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Thanks in advance for all input! Super excited. I was pretty sold on the 3 series, but then drove the 1 series and loved it... never even considered it until I drove this car.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
jpd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 135

You don't need CPO the car is under warranty. 335 much more expensive than a 135 you would be lucky to get a 335 for under 45K. A 2012 would be 46K+ for essentially little change cosmetically. Selling privately is sometimes not a very good option unless you discount the car or the car is in high demand. 135s are not a good seller on the dealer lots. M Sport has different wheels and aero kit. How bad do you want the car???? Don't expect more than wholesale pricing for your car unless it's a BMW.
Appreciate 0