BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
ajshanny
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Are spacers mandatory w/ KW V3 and TCK DAs?

Does anyone know whether KW V3s or TC Kline DAs can be run without spacers and with stock camber settings. I'm also interested in knowing whether a significant drop in ride height is necessary. I don't want to drop the car very much (if at all) and don't want to deal with spacers. Just looking to improve handling and ride quality over stock.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #2
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajshanny View Post
Does anyone know whether KW V3s or TC Kline DAs can be run without spacers and with stock camber settings. I'm also interested in knowing whether a significant drop in ride height is necessary. I don't want to drop the car very much (if at all) and don't want to deal with spacers. Just looking to improve handling and ride quality over stock.
I guess this depends on your wheel size, tire size and offsets. For the street, I'm running TCK DAs with a 225/255 staggered setup (wheels with standard offsets) and -2 camber upfront and -1.7 in the rear. The car is dropped about 1" all around and I don't run spacers. With standard size wheels and stock camber you should have no issues at all. You can keep it stock height with the TCKs if you prefer. If you go down this path, be sure to replace the rear subframe bushings. This is a major weak link in the suspension.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
fastauto
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajshanny
I have a set of KW's on my car and I am not running spacers. The great thing about a coil is you can adjust the height to where you want it. If you don't want it low, then don't set it low. If you want to buy a set of 12 inch spacers let me know ;-)
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
ajshanny
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

I'm running stock wheels and tires in my 1M. The KWs and TCKs will both work without spacers with my wheels?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #5
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

I can't imagine you would have any issues at all. If anything, the coilovers give you more clearance. It you want to confirm without a doubt, send Harold at HP Autowerks an email or PM.

Last edited by Pig Farmer; 05-28-2012 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: stupidity
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajshanny View Post
TCK on stock wheels? No problem.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
int2str
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Thumbs up

Running TCK DA coil-overs without camber plates would be a crime, me thinks!
The camber plates really help out the hole setup and make it work.

Do it right, do both at once!
Appreciate 0