BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-22-2011, 10:37 PM   #67
LeMansM5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I have heard people say that Meisterschaft is Eisenmann's Korean replica. Don't want to spend $3k to hear that. No offense to Meisterschaft.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #68
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansM5 View Post
I have heard people say that Meisterschaft is Eisenmann's Korean replica. Don't want to spend $3k to hear that. No offense to Meisterschaft.

None taken, so have we heard about this,
We have been putting our absolute best effort "constantly" to improve our products over the other brand and also to overcome such statement. Both companies are currently going completely separate ways (already into several years now) and designs are also completely different from each other including this 1M product design.

Interestingly enough, it is now the other way around, other leading manufactures are copying our product designs lately.
However, we don't fear such; as we always welcome and love to have fair competitions.

Last edited by GTHAUS; 08-22-2011 at 11:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #69
mikewills
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ducati Hypermotard

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
Not sure if this question was asked, but are there any before/after dyno runs?

Also, why did you guys choose to use a muffler-less design?

V/r,
Mike
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #70
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewills View Post
Not sure if this question was asked, but are there any before/after dyno runs?

Also, why did you guys choose to use a muffler-less design?

V/r,
Mike
Thank you for asking a valid question here. Certainly a topic to discuss for sure.
Here is rather a quick answer for you.

As mentioned in earlier post, Several Independent 4-wheel chassis Dynamometer tests are in progress, and results will be reported to us shortly.
Meisterschaft exhaust unit utilizes the largest piping in industry, single 76mm inlet pipe (3inch) into dual branch 66mm piping (2.6 inch) connected to quad 63mm (2.5inch) neck connections. That is again the largest piping anyone has used for aftermarket 1M exhaust.

And here is the weight info for you:

Front Section (Bolt on) OE system weighs 27.5 LBS
Meisterschaft Resonated Mid (SUS): 23.5 LBS
Meisterschaft Non-resonated Mid (SUS): 20.5 LBS
Meisterschaft Resonated Mid (Ti): 14.3 LBS
Meisterschaft Non-resonated Mid (Ti): 9.7 LBS

Rear Section (Bolt on: Including the connecting pipe section)
OE system weighs: 26 LBS
Meisterschaft Super GT (SUS): 21 LBS
Meisterschaft Super GT (SUS) without the connecting pipe (rear axle back alone): 16 LBS
Meisterschaft Super GT (Ti): 12.5 LBS
Meisterschaft Super GT (Ti) without the connecting pipe (rear axle back alone): 9.0 LBS

Knowing how special this 1M vehicle was going to be,
We have started this 1M project with 3 Solid Non-compromising goals.

1. Significant weight reduction from OE unit
2. Solid power gains with quicker throttle response.
3. of course, Powerful & Aggressive Meisterschaft Exhaust Sound.

Unless you go with the full titanium unit,
with rear muffler "canister" design, it actually weighed more than the stock OE unit
(especially with our large piping size, which we had to keep for performance and sound reasons).
Fortunately, with good amount of experiences with N54 Turbo motor, which we were very familiar with, since we have been offering 135i and 335i full cat-back exhaust products for several years already,
we were able to control the sound (drones and Natural frequency characteristics) by placing (or de-placing) a middle resonator in the front section (Section 1), but keeping the rear muffler design (section 2) very similar to the design of our own Meisterschaft "R35 GTR" exhaust systems,
which is also non-canister design and widely known as one of the best exhaust system (Sound and performance) for the current generation of GTRs (R35).

Again, we would be very interested to know what other brands are claiming on the weights of their aftermarket exhaust systems since the stock OE units are pretty light to begin with (26.0 LBS + 27.5 LBS = 53.5 LBS) as well as what power gains are.
Pretty certain, some aftermarket exhaust units will probably be heavier than the stock unit,
and if that's the case, we would have to say: it was planned wrong and also engineered wrong,
or did not have neither of it from the begining.

Overall, with our canister-less rear exhaust design, we were certainly able to acheive our 3 set goals,
If you have any further questions, let us know, we will find out more specific details about the unit from our factory engineers and will inform you with accurate information.

GTHAUS

Last edited by GTHAUS; 08-22-2011 at 11:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 11:53 PM   #71
simple_simon
Private
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansM5 View Post
True. It's because GTHAUS used to scam people by claiming that they were selling exhausts made in Germany (they called themselves Eisenhaus until they were busted by Eisenmann) while they were simply rip-offs that were being made in Korea.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 11:57 PM   #72
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple_simon View Post
True. It's because GTHAUS used to scam people by claiming that they were selling exhausts made in Germany (they called themselves Eisenhaus until they were busted by Eisenmann) while they were simply rip-offs that were being made in Korea.

Not True, False statement above (BTW your comment is documented)

Not sure if you are realizing this....
what you are doing, really does not change any facts or people's opinion about our products,
which they are awesome !

unfortunate thing is, you are just keep repeating yourself... Since you have used up all your small "History attack" plans,
which merely did not do anything nor didn't even provide any valuable information to this public forum,
Now.. what's going to be your next post? so predictable..... you have to do better than this.

Last edited by GTHAUS; 08-23-2011 at 02:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:17 AM   #73
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHAUS View Post
Not sure if you are realizing this....
what you are doing, really does not change any facts or people's opinion about our products,
which they are awesome !

unfortunate thing is, you are just keep repeating yourself...
again, anything else interesting in your "Racist" world ?
You must be "real" bored.
1. I didnt find his comments racist...they arent even inaccurate, are your products made in Korea?
2. many members here are not aware so its far from beating a dead horse
3. I know 3 people who considered this product and now are shying away
4. what he is doing may not change my opinion, but what you are doing certainly is. Stop changing the subject and face up to the points that are brought up, stop hiding behind the horse emoticon.

Show us WHY your exhaust is superior or equivalent to your competitors.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:33 AM   #74
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
1. I didnt find his comments racist...they arent even inaccurate, are your products made in Korea?
2. many members here are not aware so its far from beating a dead horse
3. I know 3 people who considered this product and now are shying away
4. what he is doing may not change my opinion, but what you are doing certainly is. Stop changing the subject and face up to the points that are brought up, stop hiding behind the horse emoticon.

Show us WHY your exhaust is superior or equivalent to your competitors.
For sure No one here at GTHAUS is hiding from anything.
We make our own product and we stand behind our product at any time.
Anyone can certainly contact us simply by calling and emailing,
freely talk about our products and company if they wish to do so.
Yes, we do have our factory located in Korea.

But as far as we are concerned,
we are not the ones who are hiding behinid the screen and cry about things.

If some potential customers are shying away now due to these un-related and also unnecessary comments,
It is unfortunate.. But we are not worried,
once our customers are putting out real feedbacks about our products, they will know what to get without a doubt.

We have no reason to hurry on our sales,
since we have been and are planning on providing a solid long term sale and customer service to our clients with quality products.
Our customers who have purchased our systems previously, currently and customer who will buy our exhaust systems
will certainly show and discuss superior quality of our exhaust systems.

There might be plenty of things we can mention about others, but
absolutely, no reason for us to "bash" others to win any sales.
Especially discussing non-product / topic related like some other individuals are doing.

Last edited by GTHAUS; 08-23-2011 at 02:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:51 AM   #75
1MCoupe
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M Coupé

This guy....

needs to take a course in how to respond to customers/potential customers. It is rather interesting to see how he insults forum members only because they state facts, to which he seldom responds but tries to change the topic.
I hope, or maybe not..., that they (GTHaus) get a professional who knows how to communicate in regards to issues lurking from the past and how to try to re-build a tarnished brand. Then again, maybe it is just as well that this person is in charge of communicating with this forum, making sure to tick even more BMW drivers off and digging GTHaus's grave. I for one will stick to respectful and accommodating producers of BMW after market products.
And please refrain from pulling the racist thing on everyone who questions why you would market a Korean made product as German made. I mean, if you yourselves dont even wanted to admit your exhausts being Korean made, who is then the real racist?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 01:00 AM   #76
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MCoupe View Post
needs to take a course in how to respond to customers/potential customers. It is rather interesting to see how he insults forum members only because they state facts, to which he seldom responds but tries to change the topic.
I hope, or maybe not..., that they (GTHaus) get a professional who knows how to communicate in regards to issues lurking from the past and how to try to re-build a tarnished brand. Then again, maybe it is just as well that this person is in charge of communicating with this forum, making sure to tick even more BMW drivers off and digging GTHaus's grave. I for one will stick to respectful and accommodating producers of BMW after market products.
And please refrain from pulling the racist thing on everyone who questions why you would market a Korean made product as German made. I mean, if you yourselves dont even wanted to admit your exhausts being Korean made, who is then the real racist?

To whom it may concern, You are probably correct, may be we should be a little more open minded.
for that reason, we do sincerely apologize if it had appeared an arrogant way to address above issues.
Not intended. really. But one thing we want to make sure though;
Please, kindly understand, we are not selling a Korean made product as a German made product as you may have misunderstood.

Meisterschaft products are Korean manufactured products - clean/clear and no one is denying this fact.
We make our own unique products at our own factory, and we stand behind our products.
If anyone has an issue, please let us know. thanks.

Let us "re-state" following once more, in case someone in this discussion forum missed our previous posts.
Meisterschaft Products are manufactured in our own Factory located in Korea,
with the highest standards of material and quality. This is no longer a question.

Also to clarify, any and all of our previous customers who may have been involved in our marketing issues
with another brand (almost 4 years ago) were taken care of properly back then without an exception
and there is no further issues ever since. If this is again a concern for you and interested to find out more,
please contact us directly, we will be more than glad to share the full story and explain what actually happened,
how it is ended clean and why some of these individuals are still pointing fingers / reasons and motivations.

Last edited by GTHAUS; 08-23-2011 at 02:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 09:07 AM   #77
simple_simon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MCoupe View Post
Well said. Why won't GTHAUS just come clean about the Eisenhaus scam, the NEEZ USA scam, Kreissieg scam (which occured less than 1 year ago), etc?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 09:37 AM   #78
JJSchmooze
I'm on that Orange Crush
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe VOP ZCV ZPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher5 View Post
Defensive much?

Yes we are still on the subject because time and time again GT Haus' ways don't change.

Here is your problem, you assume I and other forum members are ignorant and don't know certain things. Just like my mention of TUV Certification. I know what TUV certification is, I didn't think I had to explain what it was and that it is intended for selling products in Germany. I was merely using it as an example of what forum members ask for from members and more likely than not, its asked of wheel manufacturers from forum members (specifically those residing in Germany). Instead you challenge my intelligence (just like that supposed R&D talk) and resort to passive aggressive insults.

I'm not going to resort to that, I merely stated the facts that are posted all over the forums, the reputation speaks for itself. Again, if you really did some R&D on this or any other exhaust system, you would not hesitate to show some proof.

At least some vendors know how to post: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=574574
I totally agree. I really have had a difficult time reasoning why such vendor's feel they can just throw anything together and then because they are marketing these products to cars that are a little more expensive than say a 370Z, or EVO, or Lexus...they automatically assume they can ask for an extra $750-$1000 for an exhaust.

A BMW does not require more R&D than any other car when it comes to manufacturing an exhaust. I am not even singling just Meister out either, I am sorry but Akrapovic has to be out of their minds if they think they can ask almost $5000 for an exhaust. Anyone that spends 10% of what the car's initial MSRP was on an exhaust has no concept of the value of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHAUS View Post
Glad you know what TUV is, so you also knew this TUV has nothing to do with US market..?
Just as before, you were talking about unnecessary things / non-related topics
and we are just pointing them out for you, in case if you weren’t aware.
and FYI we never have doubted other forum members.

BTW, say... if we provide you with some Kiva analysis results,
will you be able to tell us how to further improve our products?
TUV is a good measure for the consumer even in other markets since it is the most stringent testing in the free world. If your product meets that, then most scrutiny is avoided.

Korean made= Less value. Sorry but that is why Hyundai has difficulty asking $50,000 for the Equos. No I-Pad owner's manual will relinquish the fact that the vehicle is engineered by a country that 50 years ago was tilling their crops by hand.

The truth hurts sometimes, even if it's biased. Such is life.......lower your price

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.” Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #79
Moo
Gold Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PSYWGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSchmooze View Post
Korean made= Less value. Sorry but that is why Hyundai has difficulty asking $50,000 for the Equos. No I-Pad owner's manual will relinquish the fact that the vehicle is engineered by a country that 50 years ago was tilling their crops by hand.
Meanwhile, iPads are still made in China, and Asian countries are still hand-cropping in certain areas. Just sayin'
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #80
mikewills
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ducati Hypermotard

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
I'd still like to see dyno numbers. Not sure why it takes so long to get the numbers out. Pre-install dyno run, then install the exhaust, then dyno again. It's not like you guys are developing a tune. The exhaust is available to the public, so are you selling us a product that hasn't been completely testing yet? Doesn't make sense to me.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 11:55 AM   #81
simple_simon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
Meanwhile, iPads are still made in China, and Asian countries are still hand-cropping in certain areas. Just sayin'
Does Apple have a history of scamming people by claiming that their iPads are made in Germany? GTHAUS has a history of simply stealing other people's R&D and then copying their products at dirt-cheap labor prices. They've been caught MANY times in the past.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #82
luigimaster24
Major
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i & 2021 X6M Comp

In respect of everyones personal opinion. I will now chime in with MY personal experience with Meisterschaft.

In response to other members posts regarding production outsourcing:

More than half of US corporate giant tech companies have outsourced their production factories to international markets such as Mexico, Asia, Austria and other third world countries in order to obtain lower wages, lower regulatory costs, Tax benefits, the ability to downsize at will, improved performance and better risk management. Most of these companies produce products that you and I love such as Apple products( iphones, Macs, Apple TV etc), Sony products ( Flat screen Tvs, PS3s, Camcorders etc) Burton snowboards and too many to name here to be honest. INCLUDING Meisterschaft exhaust systems.

I purchased my Meisterschaft exhaust system for my F10 550i and Jerry and everyone I spoke to at GTHAUS are a clear representation of what true customer service should look like in ANY company. Constant updates regarding my order, phone calls returned the within hours and at the latest that same day and just simply going the extra mile making sure that I was happy throughout the whole process. For example, my order was delayed because of a valve that hadn't come in with the exhaust, but GTHAUS took time to take pictures of the exhaust system and send them to me to help with the wait and also shipped my exhaust out expedited so I got it in a matter of days.

I received the exhaust and as I posted on the F10 post, I will post here also. From packaging the product, to the fitment and flawless install, and most importantly the performance and sound of the Meisterschaft exhaust says nothing but QUALITY in itself.

The sound is intoxicating and in my opinion sounds better than anything out there in the market. Don't get me twisted, there are extremely well made and great sounding exhausts out there like Eisenmann, akra, Susperspint etc and I may be biased because I own a Meisterschaft exhaust, but before I owned one, I went with Meisterschaft precisely because of the unique sound that no other exhaust could produce to this date.

In conclusion, my experience with Meisterschaft has been positive from the day I picked up the phone and inquired about their systems and placed my order, to this date having their exhaust on my beloved F10 550.

Yes, a person with experience in welding can bend tubes and weld, but only true R&D and extensive testing can produce a system with such quality and sound as my Meisterschaft exhaust on my F10 550:

My 2 cents

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #83
1MCoupe
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSchmooze View Post

The truth hurts sometimes, even if it's biased. Such is life.......lower your price
I beg do differ. The Koreans build great stuff and, no offense, in many instances far outdo any American consumer electronic brand, or car maker for that matter. I could care less if they would till their ground by hand still to this day. Farming is one thing and technique something else. What I dont like is when someone try to market something as German when its not. The Germans, IMHO, build the greatest cars and in many instances the best equipment and upgrades for the best cars in the world. If someone try to build on this by deciving the consumers and then in fact build them somewhere else, it is close to fraudulent. Regardless if it is in Korea, America or even Sweden for that matter.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 12:06 AM   #84
JJSchmooze
I'm on that Orange Crush
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe VOP ZCV ZPP

Its amazing how most comments fly just above the heads of most on forums these days, I must be getting old idk.

I am not a hater, racist, bigot, or any other such....all my point was is that Korea is no automotive engineering marvel of a country. And if we want to get snippy and pick straws let's remind ourselves that Western civilization is the reason any vehicle, and/or parts, are engineered in Korea, China, etc.

We don't need e-psychologists on top of e-thugs now do we??? If you can re-read my statement I find it EXTREMELY difficult that you, if given the opportunity, would spend $60,000 on a Hyundai luxury sedan over say a new 5-Series, or E-Class. But please let me call out anyone that owns and can prove they own an Equus on here. And for the record, I am not knocking the vehicle at all, I bet it is an extremely nice vehicle, but if given the money I wouldn't spend the money on it. Same as most on here, if they are honest enough to admit it.

This whole post just to explain a simple to understand statement

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.” Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 07:27 AM   #85
BMW Gator
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C8/R8/1M/X5/JK Rubicon/FJ40

1. I like the sound

2. I want to see dyno's

3. Stop all the B/S and wining. Did GTHaus actually print "Made in Germany" either on their product or in their advertising?

- I'm looking for a yes/no answer to #3.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #86
simple_simon
Private
Rep

Yes, GTHAUS printed "Made in Germany" and also used pictures of other manufacturer's products (some still retaining the original watermark) and tried to pass them off as being their own Meisterschaft brand.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #87
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Gator View Post
1. I like the sound

2. I want to see dyno's

3. Stop all the B/S and wining. Did GTHaus actually print "Made in Germany" either on their product or in their advertising?

- I'm looking for a yes/no answer to #3.

Thank you.

Answer is absolutely "NO" to Question #3.
If you have any other concerns, please contact us directly.

We anticipate dyno results to be out soon. Can't wait on our end as well.

GTHAUS
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 04:54 PM   #88
BMW Gator
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C8/R8/1M/X5/JK Rubicon/FJ40

I guess I should have expected this:

Yes, GTHAUS printed "Made in Germany"

Answer is absolutely "NO" to Question #3.

knew this was not going to be that simple
Appreciate 0