BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-29-2016, 07:42 AM   #1
Swimjim
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

moving to kingwood, outside houston

hi all:
i will be moving to kingwood, just outside houston, this weekend. was hoping to meet some people, get a lay of the land, and find a reputable shop to take over servicing.

thanks for the information.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 08:49 PM   #2
WxBimmerMan
-ologist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimjim View Post
hi all:
i will be moving to kingwood, just outside houston, this weekend. was hoping to meet some people, get a lay of the land, and find a reputable shop to take over servicing.

thanks for the information.
Welcome to the area. You're lucky to have moved here when you did because with the opening of the Grand Parkway (HWY 99), you can get to Katy and Sugar Land (Houston's SW Suburbs) in 40 minutes, when before it took an hour an a half with traffic. That makes the area much "smaller." Get an EZ Tag and you're good to go.

I live in Midtown, but know the Kingwood area. I don't know of any mechanics, but if you consider taking your car for a service in downtown Houston, trying Silvio's on Bagby. #1 A++ They do BMW's and Mercedes only. Silvio himself (a gentleman from Austria) says the 1-series has the best engine BMW has ever made. He's always done a great job for me on my BMW's for servicing. Probably worth the drive down here, honestly.

Only thing I wish they'd do, is re-pave Kingwood Blvd... SO bumpy with 1-series run-flats. :/
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 07:23 AM   #3
Swimjim
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

great. thanks for the info. one of the first things i want to do is replace the shocks/struts/springs and suggested bushings... the car has 107k miles on it and i am sure its about time after this 1200 mile road trip!
Appreciate 0