BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
UR25IO
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i M-SPORT DCT

BMW VS LEXUS service department in Parra

hi guys i just drop of my car into BMW Parramatta
for a stage 1 performance up grade this morning...

I was a bit disappointed on how the BMW service department operates
as i was signing the forms for the loan car (BMW X1)I had to pay $25 for a fuel levy and the excess was $2000 if i had and accident or if i pay an extra $35 with the additional fuel levy of $25- TOTAL $60 for a loan car, they would decrease my excess to $500
As soon as i hop in the car expecting a full tank of fuel, not realizing after i drove around the corner i only had less than a quarter tank of fuel (73km worth)

Its like they try to scrape every cents out of you.
money is not an Issue- but just coming off Lexus which they give me full tank of petrol, dont have to refill, dont have to pay any petrol levy and only $1500 Excess

Lexus service department sure kicks BMW areses buy a long shot..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
chachacha28
NCOIC of Kickin It
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08 135i "Simona"

BMW sucks, in every way, except when you're behind the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
UR25IO
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
BMW sucks, in every way, except when you're behind the wheel.
very true ezeedee... very true...
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

I know the feeling - when ever I take my car in to MB they always give me a free loan car with a full tank of fuel.

I don't even need to sign any forms usually lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
Rivenscyr
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: muzza-tastic cruiser

North Shore BMW dont charge for loan cars but require you to put back how much fuel you use (but they give you full tank)
BMW Syd dont charge for loan cars, dont require you to refill

they're the only two i've been to
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
luster
Major
Rep
Drives: e90, e88

That's terrible. Parramatta had a car that I wanted when I was in the market to purchase, but I had heard too many horror stories do went to BMW Sydney. Time will tell if I made the right decision
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
UR25IO
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
I know the feeling - when ever I take my car in to MB they always give me a free loan car with a full tank of fuel.

I don't even need to sign any forms usually lol.
yeah i was just a bit disappointing in them as they are in the high end of the car market, its not like have a holdern or a VW as i would expect that.
I also bought the car from them..

with my Lexus i didnt even buy the car from the dealer that i bought my car service from.... ever since i step foot in Parramatta Lexus service department they always exceed my expectation, FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE!!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
UR25IO
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivenscyr View Post
North Shore BMW dont charge for loan cars but require you to put back how much fuel you use (but they give you full tank)
BMW Syd dont charge for loan cars, dont require you to refill

they're the only two i've been to
bmw sounds good but heaps far to get to.. so im guessing your staying with BMW syd??
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #9
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

My Parents were at Parramatta BMW a couple weeks ago looking to upgrade their current vehicle. They were treated good with the usual BS free coffee and brochures... but when it came to crunch time, it's almost as if the staff didn't want to close the deal :/

When we bought a vehicle from Parramatta VW last year they went above and beyond to give us an overall satisfying experience. Even ordered us some KFC with their staff lunch orders (yes, we spent quite a few hours there haha). But they wanted to do the deal and worked hard for a close. Same with BMW Sydney when my sister bought her car - similar experience.

I guess Parra BMW have so many customers coming in that they don't have to be nice at all... "return customers? No thanks, we'll just sell the car to the next person." I must admit their market positioning, geographically, is perfect... I don't recall any dealership being West of these guys...
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #10
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

OP i'm surprised you had to pay for the loaner especially given you bought the car there...

I've had varying success with loaners, sometimes complimentary (more often than not) otherwise occasionally I'll have to pay ~$40 per day for a loaner.
I think a lot of it is to do with your SA, try build up a relationship there and next time they should look after you.

Goodluck.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #11
UR25IO
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
My Parents were at Parramatta BMW a couple weeks ago looking to upgrade their current vehicle. They were treated good with the usual BS free coffee and brochures... but when it came to crunch time, it's almost as if the staff didn't want to close the deal :/

When we bought a vehicle from Parramatta VW last year they went above and beyond to give us an overall satisfying experience. Even ordered us some KFC with their staff lunch orders (yes, we spent quite a few hours there haha). But they wanted to do the deal and worked hard for a close. Same with BMW Sydney when my sister bought her car - similar experience.

I guess Parra BMW have so many customers coming in that they don't have to be nice at all... "return customers? No thanks, we'll just sell the car to the next person." I must admit their market positioning, geographically, is perfect... I don't recall any dealership being West of these guys...
its funny how every where gives you different customer service but buying a BMW i have high expectation, and it should always be at that HIGH level- not below average. Especially if the staff get flone to melb for customer service training..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #12
UR25IO
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
OP i'm surprised you had to pay for the loaner especially given you bought the car there...

I've had varying success with loaners, sometimes complimentary (more often than not) otherwise occasionally I'll have to pay ~$40 per day for a loaner.
I think a lot of it is to do with your SA, try build up a relationship there and next time they should look after you.

Goodluck.
i know its all about building up a good repore with the S/ass , i was being nice
and all, but its more being the fact that its BMW and it should be much better than LEXUS(TOYOTA) lol

Cheers for that
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #13
Rivenscyr
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: muzza-tastic cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by UR25IO View Post
bmw sounds good but heaps far to get to.. so im guessing your staying with BMW syd??
Nah I just stick with North Shore (Where i bought my car), dont mind paying the few $$ for the minimal amount of fuel i use. Just means i dont get to thrash the loaner :/
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #14
UR25IO
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivenscyr View Post
Nah I just stick with North Shore (Where i bought my car), dont mind paying the few $$ for the minimal amount of fuel i use. Just means i dont get to thrash the loaner :/
hahaahahaha......
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #15
aus135i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

OP, Lexus does have class leading service, i have seen this 1st hand! but u have paid for it alrdy (euro price for a Toyota).

I have never paid for a loan car from Trivett, u just need a good relationship with your sales person.

@Woosh... i have the opposite experience as you... VW parra is just rubbish!!! =(
      01-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #16
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

BMW as a company suck, they just make good car's.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 01:05 AM   #17
UR25IO
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus135i View Post
OP, Lexus does have class leading service, i have seen this 1st hand! but u have paid for it alrdy (euro price for a Toyota).

I have never paid for a loan car from Trivett, u just need a good relationship with your sales person.

@Woosh... i have the opposite experience as you... VW parra is just rubbish!!! =(
how did you mean "class leading service"?
well my first experience with was very pleasant, even when i told them i didnt buy the car from them. Lexus showed me all the function on the keys awell as the fuction in the car, making sure i was comfortable in the seating before i drove off.. @ Trivett i was handed the keys, the guy went around the to make sure there was no further damage. i hop in the car when he went back to his desk- setting there for 5 min to adjust the seat etc......

ive offered to pay for the remaining balance of the Stage 1 up grade and the fuel levy but hey just said just wait when i pick the car up..

lol i just got home and payed that levy, i ask Angus about it and he said they opperate differently to other BMW dealers and as for some customers depending on the car packages they do not have to pay for Levy.. i personally think that is lame and stupid...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 03:13 AM   #18
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Quote:

I agreed with you about VW Parra being rubbish ! about 6 months ago a mate was looking at getting a demo GOLF GTI and the sales manager there young man who left the company already... was saying no deposit no test drive.....???

Sounds reasonable?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 03:36 AM   #19
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

I always got a free loaner. They didnt even complain when my car was in for 2weeks and I put 5K on the loaner

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 04:04 AM   #20
web555
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 120d

Quote:
Yep, I just walk upstairs and ask to test drive anythjng new. Last time there I was given a demo 135 for the day. OK, so you then gotta deal with the sales guy's incessant phone calls for two weeks. I also do the same thing at Porsche SS Alexandria. Forked if I'll pay for a loan car whilst they are charging over the top amounts for an oil change.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 04:18 AM   #21
Honny
Captain
Rep
Drives: Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
BMW as a company suck, they just make good car's.
+1. I dont have to pay for any service loan car from AC here in Perth whatsoever but still think they could do with a little course on customer service 101. I think its a matter of on luck, I personally think Lexus service is crap, pulled me off when I tested the IS350. Its more about which individual dealer rather than the manufacturer.

We can settle this tho, all BMW dealership service does sucks big time. On the other hand.... Nissan and MB here seems to be fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 04:37 AM   #22
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
I always got a free loaner. They didnt even complain when my car was in for 2weeks and I put 5K on the loaner
Wrong country.

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0