BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #1
pavelitto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Performance

09 (hard drive) Sat Nav maps upgrade- sucks big time!

I just spoke with Customer Information Team here in UK asking how can I upgrade me Sat Nav maps for my hard drive based pro sat nav as I'm still using those that came loaded on the car when I purchased it in 11/08
They told me that the updates for hard drive maps are not yet available so the one I'm using (1-2008) is the most up-to-date...
Whereas the dvd maps are available in 2-2009!

Do you guys who purchased the car in the last couple of months with pro sat nav (HD) also have maps version from 2008-1?
Rather asking people from Europe as the USA is using completely different maps...
      12-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #2
Toodeep
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: sDrive 35i DCT

I have a z4 with the same system and have had a similar experience. On a similar vein, I'm also interested to know how often the Gracenote database (for tagging CDs ripped directly onto the hard drive) can be updated (a dealer workshop job) since it is obviously constantly out of date. My dealer seems unable to understand.

I don't want to depress the original poster but I bought a new X5 in 2002 which came with the recently introduced DVD navigation drive. There was no DVD available at the time so it had a CD-ROM mapping disk with an assurance that the DVD would be forthcoming shortly. Not only did I not get the DVD until 2004 . . . that's 2004, road changes implemented prior even to 2002 were not on it. I'm saying don't rush to be the first to get the update until you can prove to yourself there is new information worth having.

They tried to relieve me of £170 for the DVD (no chance!) but at least, had I paid, there was a lot more info than on the CD. This probably won't be the case for the mere upgrade we are waiting for.
Appreciate 0