06-09-2011, 06:54 AM   #133
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamChas View Post
If you look actually the web site of www.shopicarbon.com didn't work anymore .. And web site of www.starckperformance.com now open !!
I noticed that too. Very odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Don't know how many people on here follow the regular 1er forum, but there was a giant debacle on there regarding iCarbon. They pretty much fucked up real bad.

Many people went for months without any update after placing orders on things from simple spoilers to expensive hoods (same exact hood as the "Starck" hood, btw, down to a T). iCarbon has all but disappeared completely... they mostly only resurface every once in a while when a thread about them is posted.

General consensus seems to be that they realized they messed up, and were working on "restructuring" or "moving on" or something... I hope that's not the case, but I haven't personally seen iCarbon around and I know many people on the forum who have been waiting for the better part of a year for parts, and have not heard anything in months.

Could this be the restructuring they were talking about? Leaving their old, tarnished name behind and starting new with the same exact stuff? I was hoping they'd keep serving their original 1er fan base and just expand to meet demand.. but if they copped out like this that's bad news. I hope that Starck and iCarbon are not affiliated. If they are, you 1M guys might be in for a disappointment

Still, nice car
In another thread iCarbon has stated "we share no affiliation with STARCK PERFORMANCE."

I hope Starck and iCarbon are not connected in anyway because it gives us another option. I hope the parts are fairly priced like iCarbon's but they don't lack the quality, particularly in the fitment which tends to be hit and miss with iCarbon. My diffuser fits perfectly but I know someone that has had issues. My lip has always had issues though.

Anyways, it does seem suspicious that iCarbon has gone under as Starck has emerged into the 1er scene. Also, the fact that they offer exactly the same parts is big coincidence.

Hopefully a Starck rep will comment on this forum and clear things up. If the price, quality and fitment is right, I'm keen!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 07:59 AM   #134
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Does it get any better than Morr alloys?
I think not.
      06-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #135
pyrat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 series

so about those cell phone pictures...

JOY is being offered in manual transmission and RWD.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #136
Trutchy
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Fook now i wish i ordered orange...!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #137
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Very nicely done....Good to see a 1er with Morr Alloys on it....I remember waaaaaay back when there was a GB debacle trying to get something for the E82 before (I was in that GB for full disclosure). I think their wheels look awesome...was just disappointed the way everything else panned out in the end. At the OP: If STARCK is not selling their items yet then how do you know of them? Are you the one starting up the new company? Do they have an established history? Inquiring minds want to know....

NINJA EDIT: COTM
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #138
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Found these for the naysayers.

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #139
satish_141
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by panicos81 View Post
first moded 1m.. first 1m car of the month

congrats man it looks excellent
Is the power bulge modified as well?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 07:53 AM   #140
pyrat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trutchy View Post
Fook now i wish i ordered orange...!!!
I bet many people will have this thought

JOY is being offered in manual transmission and RWD.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #141
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

Looking in detail some of the pictures, there seem to be a fit problem or more adjustments needed, the gap is not the same on either side of the hood close to fender. Alignment with headlights seems off also...
Attached Images

06-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #142
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Maybe worth considering:
- BMW option ZE4: carbon rear spoiler ("Heckspoiler Carbon")
- BMW option ZEF: carbon rear view mirrors cover (set for left and right) ("Carbonaufsatzteil Außenspiegel (Set für links und rechts)")
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #143
woojae2001
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 1M, E93 M3, E46 323i

Garage List
Talking

Hey everyone - specifically FLEX///M - my first post on 1addicts!

So I have my 1M in VO coming in November to MA then shipped directly to CA where I'm moving in a couple of months...

Is there any way you could send me all of the information necessary about the parts? I definitely don't have the cash at the moment to do all parts of my car but I would really really really like to get on that hood, trunk lid, rims and some of the performance tuning. Eventually I'd like to admittedly copy your whole setup - I'm quite certain that the 1M can't get any better than what you've created. (minus the slight final adjustments in alignment and whatnot needed that were pointed out previously but that's not really your doing)

Could you give some details regarding the ESS tuning and AFE cold air intake as well?

Does anyone know if there is an alternate to Akrapovic's exhaust? I was really hoping Eisenmann would come out with something 'cause the M3 exhaust they have is phenomenal but Akrapovic's seems pretty awesome - too bad it was the only one I could find so far specifically for the 1M...

Thanks for the inspiration and props for the absolutely spectacular job!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 08:58 PM   #144
desertfox73
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 / 2018 F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by woojae2001 View Post

So I have my 1M in VO coming in November to MA then shipped directly to CA where I'm moving in a couple of months...

Is there any way you could send me all of the information necessary about the parts? I definitely don't have the cash at the moment to do all parts of my car but I would really really really like to get on that hood, trunk lid, rims and some of the performance tuning. Eventually I'd like to admittedly copy your whole setup - I'm quite certain that the 1M can't get any better than what you've created. (minus the slight final adjustments in alignment and whatnot needed that were pointed out previously but that's not really your doing)

Could you give some details regarding the ESS tuning and AFE cold air intake as well?

Does anyone know if there is an alternate to Akrapovic's exhaust? I was really hoping Eisenmann would come out with something 'cause the M3 exhaust they have is phenomenal but Akrapovic's seems pretty awesome - too bad it was the only one I could find so far specifically for the 1M...

Eisenmann does have an exhaust in the works - it's been posted in this forum. A few pictures can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eisenma...n/photostream/
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #145
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Quote:
Meisterschaft is coming out with a HP, race and GTC (open/close valve) version for the 1M.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 10:11 PM   #146
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoboy1 View Post
Looking in detail some of the pictures, there seem to be a fit problem or more adjustments needed, the gap is not the same on either side of the hood close to fender. Alignment with headlights seems off also...
It's just the way the hood was made:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbmw View Post
anyone besides me have a problem with their iCarbon hood fitment?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_135i View Post
The hood fitment has been discussed but the general consensus is hoodpins helps with the fitment near the front of the hood by pulling it down flush for better alignment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydgreat View Post
Mine was fine up front, but needed some washers at the hinges to make it go flush with the side panels up near the windshield.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
I'm is 95%+ perfect fitment. The left side is 2mm difference height in front than the right side. You can't even tell untill you looks super close. I'm really happy with my hood.
I wasn't sure how good it would fit and that is why I don't have the trunk or hood.
It isn't blatantly obvious but I'm OC about stuff like that. These are Bimmers (with Bimmer prices), not Hondas.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #147
woojae2001
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
It's just the way the hood was made:

I wasn't sure how good it would fit and that is why I don't have the trunk or hood.
It isn't blatantly obvious but I'm OC about stuff like that. These are Bimmers (with Bimmer prices), not Hondas.
Yeah I want the hood and trunk lid desperately but if I'm going to pay thousands I want perfect fit. If washers and whatnot can make a perfect fit, fine - but I'd like to know that perfect fit is obtainable first before purchasing. Was the fit issue iCarbon and not Starck? or are the two names interchangeable? Flex///M lists his as Starck products and has the alignment problem as pointed out above...no?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 02:22 AM   #148
Trutchy
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

yeah i want the bonnet too but i would have to be sure this fits perfectly...!! i wouldn't accept the same fitment at the picture!!.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 04:45 AM   #149
woojae2001
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trutchy View Post
yeah i want the bonnet too but i would have to be sure this fits perfectly...!! i wouldn't accept the same fitment at the picture!!.
Actually I'm quite surprised Starck's website posted FLEX///M's 1M with the bonnet (slight) misalignment - does that mean they're totally content with how it turned out and they're not going to do anything about it?!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #150
FLEX///M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [7.34]
Quote:

First of all let me say welcome to BIMMERPOST. We have a lot of passionate people here, a great crowd, sometimes a little rowdy an offensive, but all in good sport (hopefully) and wanting nothing more than to get more involved in the BMW community.

Second of all, thank you for the kind words. I am very humbled that you would want to make your car look like Clockwork Orange.

As soon as you hit 5 posts I'll send you a PM with all the info you need on getting in touch with the companies and exactly what you'll need.

As far as the adjustments on the hood and trunk. They fit impeccably. I will say that getting any hood or trunk to fit perfectly should be considered an art form. The day of the shoot was the first day the hood was on the car and there was actually no time to tweak at all. So I believe it actually came out very good for what it was as it was about 98%, no tweaking. After the photoshoot, the hood got tweaked and now is at 100%. The trunk fit like a glove from day one without any tweaking necessary.

As far as the confusion on the brands, the TRUNK and HOOD on MY 1M are STARCK PERFORMANCE. The seatbacks (which are one of my favorite mods) are from iCarbon. I guess thats where the confusion came into place.

My next mod is an exhaust that STARCK has promised me will be in my hands soon enough
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #151
woojae2001
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks man - here's post 4 to bring me one more post closer to PMing lmao
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #152
woojae2001
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEX///M View Post
First of all let me say welcome to BIMMERPOST. We have a lot of passionate people here, a great crowd, sometimes a little rowdy an offensive, but all in good sport (hopefully) and wanting nothing more than to get more involved in the BMW community.

Second of all, thank you for the kind words. I am very humbled that you would want to make your car look like Clockwork Orange.

As soon as you hit 5 posts I'll send you a PM with all the info you need on getting in touch with the companies and exactly what you'll need.

As far as the adjustments on the hood and trunk. They fit impeccably. I will say that getting any hood or trunk to fit perfectly should be considered an art form. The day of the shoot was the first day the hood was on the car and there was actually no time to tweak at all. So I believe it actually came out very good for what it was as it was about 98%, no tweaking. After the photoshoot, the hood got tweaked and now is at 100%. The trunk fit like a glove from day one without any tweaking necessary.

As far as the confusion on the brands, the TRUNK and HOOD on MY 1M are STARCK PERFORMANCE. The seatbacks (which are one of my favorite mods) are from iCarbon. I guess thats where the confusion came into place.

My next mod is an exhaust that STARCK has promised me will be in my hands soon enough
And here's post #5 'cause frankly I can't wait long enough for a legitimate post to get your PM for the parts and details as to how to get them and how much haha

would you mind either posting or sending via PM a pic or two of the post-fitted hood?

hope to hear from you soon! (did you have to pay extra for paint matching for the hood and whatnot? you're awesome!)

PS. Do you know the details for the Starck Performance exhaust? I've been eying Akrapovic's - supposedly massive (relatively speaking) HP gains + weight savings... Eisenmann (big fan here) is also producing an exhaust... but I don't know anything about Starck beyond your posts 'cause their website isn't publicly accessible beyond the cover page... I know HP Autowerks is fixing up a 1M with a Borla Exhaust as well... Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #153
FLEX///M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [7.34]
Quote:
And here's post #5 'cause frankly I can't wait long enough for a legitimate post to get your PM for the parts and details as to how to get them and how much haha

would you mind either posting or sending via PM a pic or two of the post-fitted hood?

hope to hear from you soon! (did you have to pay extra for paint matching for the hood and whatnot? you're awesome!)

PS. Do you know the details for the Starck Performance exhaust? I've been eying Akrapovic's - supposedly massive (relatively speaking) HP gains + weight savings... Eisenmann (big fan here) is also producing an exhaust... but I don't know anything about Starck beyond your posts 'cause their website isn't publicly accessible beyond the cover page... I know HP Autowerks is fixing up a 1M with a Borla Exhaust as well... Thanks again!
Lol. I don't know why its still not letting me send you a PM!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #154
woojae2001
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
it says i have to wait 24-48 hours after my fifth post in order for my account to be upgraded for PM status - please sent it to me then! Thanks for the patience...i feel like i'm waiting for two cars now lol - my 1M and your PM
Appreciate 0