First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
SOLD!

I have a GT4 coming and have decided to put the 1M up for sale because I won't have time to drive and maintain both cars, and my garage is a bit tight for two. Below are the relevant details regarding the 1M:

I am the original owner and have maintained the car to a very high standard. It has been garage kept from day one and only hand washed. The car has no factory options except ipod integration and I have the original window sticker.

It is in excellent condition inside and outside. There are, however, 3 very very small stone chips that are not visible unless you are really looking for them (1 on the front of the hood, 1 on the driver's A pillar, and 1 on the front bumper), and one tiny nick on the windshield that is very difficult to see. Otherwise the exterior is perfect (no scratches or dings, no curb rash). The interior is perfect, with no wear on the bolsters at all. It has BMW rubber floor mats in it, but I have the OEM carpet mats as well, which are brand new and have never been installed.

It has approximately 6,800 miles on it.

It has never been in any accidents or had any paint or body work whatsoever.

The mods are: Ohlins R&T suspension, with Vorschlag camber plates, and Essex/AP Racing competition big brake kit (both front and rear kits). The car has also been corner balanced, but the alignment is set at BMW factory spec. Ride height is set at 1/2" lower than stock. The motor is 100% stock.

I do have all of the OEM parts, so the car can easily be put back to original spec.

It has Michelin PSS tires on all four wheels that are almost new. These tires were installed about 4 months ago. I decided to replace the original PS2s due to their age, even though the tread depth was still very good.

I followed BMW's break in-instructions to the book and have all service records since new, including for the many service items I had done above any beyond the BMW service schedule (e.g., transmission fluid, coolant flushes, motor oil changes, etc.). The battery has also been kept on a BMW battery maintainer because the car is not a daily driver.

The only track time on the car is 5 HPDEs and it has been driven very conservatively at all times (including the HPDEs).

The price is $57,500. I am not interested in selling the brakes or suspension separately at this time. The asking price is I think very fair given the low miles and approximately 15k in upgrades. Anyone who is looking for an original car can easily sell the performance parts for several thousand dollars. I would do it myself, but I just don't want to take the time to do it. I also think that the mods really transform the car in terms of performance. It handles a lot better than it did from the factory and the ride is more compliant on the street as well.

The car is located in Washington, DC. Please contact me via PM. All inquiries welcome. I am a longtime Bimmerpost member and would love to see the car go to a good home.

Thanks for looking.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 08:26 PM   #2
Cursed1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Lots of them

For what it's worth, your Porsche dealer is telling people you are trading this car in when your GT4 get's there... I am also selling my 1M, albeit for different reasons, and TWO separate people inquiring on my car mentioned a white 1M with 6800 miles was being traded in next week...

Good luck with the sale, excellent car at a great price.

Adam
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2016, 05:41 AM   #3
ajshanny
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed1
For what it's worth, your Porsche dealer is telling people you are trading this car in when your GT4 get's there... I am also selling my 1M, albeit for different reasons, and TWO separate people inquiring on my car mentioned a white 1M with 6800 miles was being traded in next week...

Adam
Thanks for letting me know. I did not tell the Porsche dealer I was trading the car in, so not sure why they would be telling people that. The salesman has seen my 1M but I did not tell him I was going to do a trade in and I don't think a dealer can even sell any 1M right now given the air bag recall.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 05:43 AM   #4
ajshanny
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Adam
Btw, are you sure we are talking about the same dealer? Which one are you talking about?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 10:56 AM   #5
Cursed1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Lots of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajshanny View Post
Btw, are you sure we are talking about the same dealer? Which one are you talking about?
I did not get the name of the dealer from my conversations. The things that made the connection for me are the mileage, color, and trade in on GT4. One of the callers was from Arlington Va, the other from somewhere in Maryland.

It's possible you are not the only one who's moving into a GT4. Sorry if this caused any concern for you, I figured if I would want to know about this, you may have as well.

Good luck with the sale and enjoy the new GT4.

Adam
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 12:17 PM   #6
ajshanny
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajshanny View Post
I did not get the name of the dealer from my conversations. The things that made the connection for me are the mileage, color, and trade in on GT4. One of the callers was from Arlington Va, the other from somewhere in Maryland.

It's possible you are not the only one who's moving into a GT4. Sorry if this caused any concern for you, I figured if I would want to know about this, you may have as well.

Good luck with the sale and enjoy the new GT4.

Adam
Thanks. I don't think it's my car the dealer is talking about. I think there are a couple of other 1M cars on the market with around 7k miles on them, so perhaps it was one of those. Seems that several members selling their 1Ms are going to the GT4 too.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 06:21 PM   #7
ajshanny
First Lieutenant
Rep

Sale Pending!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 12:32 PM   #8
robbys3m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep