05-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #67
foxyman
Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghusheshe View Post
I have been told the reason why BMWSA is selling pre specced cars is because they want to make as much money as they can on options. With limited number of cars, they won't make much profit so they are putting options upfront to maximize profits.

This is against the new Consumer protection Act I'm told, them selling us specs we don't want on a new car.
Dont think that is really the case, some cars for Sa market are already in build so had to be specc'd before the car could be loaded on focus pro or allocated to customers
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 10:39 AM   #68
ghusheshe
135 Addict
South Africa
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Another school of thought from speaking to another dealer is that BMWSA expected more cars from Germany so they specced 13 press cars for launch. Now that they are getting only 63, there will be no press cars, all cars will go to customers. Either way, I had my car specced in Focus Pro end of Jan already so it's an excuse that they were not there. This could have been handled better I think.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #69
jerryGP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyman View Post
Dont think that is really the case, some cars for Sa market are already in build so had to be specc'd before the car could be loaded on focus pro or allocated to customers
I agree. They infact saved me some cash. I normally have a hard time saying no to options.

I have a question: Are you getting charged for the headlight washer system R2700. My dealer says thats how it is. I disagree since xenons are standard and have to come with this.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #70
foxyman
Private
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryGP View Post
I agree. They infact saved me some cash. I normally have a hard time saying no to options.

I have a question: Are you getting charged for the headlight washer system R2700. My dealer says thats how it is. I disagree since xenons are standard and have to come with this.
I don't want or need them so will be putting up a fight on that on Monday morning, i think the car looks better with out them, they look like warts...
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 07:12 AM   #71
dossantr
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe AW

Quote:
I don't want or need them so will be putting up a fight on that on Monday morning, i think the car looks better with out them, they look like warts...
Agree with you, but you have no choice. Just a way for BMWSA to make more money out of a customer. Why make Xenon standard if you have to pay for the washer system. Have you specced your car?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 08:20 AM   #72
foxyman
Private
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dossantr View Post
Agree with you, but you have no choice. Just a way for BMWSA to make more money out of a customer. Why make Xenon standard if you have to pay for the washer system. Have you specced your car?
My car was loaded onto FocusPro this morning, should be able to track it from tomorrow. The washer issue is being taken up with BMW, either a feature is standard and included in the sticker price or an added cost optional extra, if the washer system is the latter then they can't force it on to you, if it is non-elective then it should be included in the standard price....
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #73
jerryGP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Im Europe it is law to have the headlight washer system fitted with xenons.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #74
foxyman
Private
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Im Europe it is law to have the headlight washer system fitted with xenons.
So then if they fit xenons standard then surely they must have the headlamp wash as standard as well???
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #75
jerryGP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
So then if they fit xenons standard then surely they must have the headlamp wash as standard as well???
Yes. it was definitly a mistake when the car was loaded onto the system. Im 100% sure its standard. Unfortunitly the dealers belive everything the system says
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #76
dossantr
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Yes. it was definitly a mistake when the car was loaded onto the system. Im 100% sure its standard. Unfortunitly the dealers belive everything the system says
Unfortunitly no mistake, you will have to pay for the washer system although Xenon is standard. The car is advertised for R546 392 by BMWSA including emission tax but actualy it costs R549 092 with the additional R2 700 you have to pay for the washer system. Therefore they are advertising it for the incorrect price because even if you do not take any extras you cannot get the car for the price they advertise. Please not that this price excludes licence and registration your dealer charges you for.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #77
foxyman
Private
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunitly no mistake, you will have to pay for the washer system although Xenon is standard. The car is advertised for R546 392 by BMWSA including emission tax but actualy it costs R549 092 with the additional R2 700 you have to pay for the washer system. Therefore they are advertising it for the incorrect price because even if you do not take any extras you cannot get the car for the price they advertise. Please not that this price excludes licence and registration your dealer charges you for.
Theres gotta be a contravention of the CPA in there somewhere, they cant advertise the price as being R546,392 then force you to take an optional extra that you dont want and pay R2,700 for the pleasure...
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 11:08 AM   #78
dossantr
South Africa
Rep

My M dealer called me today and said that they have been given an allocation for June build. The car that i specced was loaded into their system and i will take delivery of it in August. The long wait is nearly over.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #79
jerryGP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
My M dealer called me today and said that they have been given an allocation for June build. The car that i specced was loaded into their system and i will take delivery of it in August. The long wait is nearly over.
Nice. what Specs did you go for???
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 03:12 PM   #80
dossantr
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Nice. what Specs did you go for???
Went for AW with automatic aircon. Was forced to take headlight washer system (at a cost of R2700) which i did not want but had no choice (although Xenon is standard).

Last edited by dossantr; 05-16-2011 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #81
jerryGP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Went for AW, individual-gloss shadow line exterior trim and automatic aircon. Was forced to take headlight washer system (at a cost of R2700) which i did not want but had no choice (all though Xenon is standard).
Im glad to see that people are wanting "strippers". This is very different compared to the US guys.... maybe it would be different if we also had packages...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 04:46 AM   #82
foxyman
Private
South Africa
Rep

Just changed my order to VO...

JeeryGP, what is your cars colour?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 05:51 AM   #83
ghusheshe
135 Addict
South Africa
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:

You couldn't resist VOWay to go mate..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 06:16 AM   #84
foxyman
Private
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghusheshe View Post
You couldn't resist VOWay to go mate..
I couldnt resist after reading Dick Browns comments on delivery of his car...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529086
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 07:08 AM   #85
jerryGP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

VO
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #86
dossantr
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Im glad to see that people are wanting "strippers". This is very different compared to the US guys.... maybe it would be different if we also had packages...
Not really in my case. I see the 1M as the ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE. Why should you load it with options to make it heavier or be a office inside with all the electonic gagets or have a sound system that makes you feel you inside a night club. When driving the 1M all you want to do is hear that fantastic exhaust note and enjoy its precise handling. I took automatic aircon because it looks better than the manual control nobs and a car in this price range i think it should be standard instead of having rain/headlight sensor standard.

Last edited by dossantr; 05-16-2011 at 11:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 12:27 PM   #87
foxyman
Private
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Not really in my case. I see the 1M as the ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE. Why should you load it with options to make it heavier or be a office inside with all the electonic gagets or have a sound system that makes you feel you inside a night club. When driving the 1M all you want to do is hear that fantastic exhaust note and enjoy its precise handling. I took automatic aircon because it looks better than the manual control nobs and a car in this price range i think it should be standard instead of having rain/headlight sensor standard.
I do like the auto wipers and lights though....
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #88
jerryGP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Do you guys think that its insurance will be that much more that a 135i??? after all its got only a "little" more power???
Appreciate 0