BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-01-2014, 03:45 AM   #1
g_photo
Rep
Drives: 135i

New to the form- N54 Upgrade thoughts

Hey everyone,

I'm the excited owner of a fairly tricked out 2010 135i . I've been driving it around for about a month now and have fallen in love with it.

So she's got a lot done to here already. Heres the list of mods-

Suspension:
• M3 Front Control Arm Kit (Wishbones, Tension Struts, etc.)
• M3 Front Anti Roll Bar (E93)
• M3 Rear Subframe Bushings
• M3 Rear Anti Roll Bar (E92)
• Koni FSD Dampers
• Eibach Springs

Brakes:
• StopTech ST-60 fronts

Power:
• GIAC Stage 1 Tune
• HPF FMIC (Front Mount Intercooler)
• MadDad Midpipe
• Meisteschaft GT Axle-back muffler

And:
• OS Giken LSD
• UUC Short Shift Kit w/DSSR
• CDV Mod

I was thinking about adding a Down Pipe/intake/stage 2 further down the line.

I was wondering if anyone has heard the note from a combo DP, MadDad Midpipe, and Meisterschaft axle-back. I'm concerned about drone. However, I don't mind a louder note when I'm on the gas.

As for the intake I was thinking about going with an Injen or BMS DCI.

After the DP & intake I'd like to run the GIAC stage 2 map. I'm not sure if I would have to purchase it or if it's simply switching a map since i'm already running one of their tunes.

The previous owner told me the car was making around 389 on a dyno jet, I haven't yet confirmed that number. But if it is, I'd like to break the 400 mark

Thanks in advance for any input.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 08:29 AM   #2
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 2010

I wouldn't worry about an intake as the stock box is more then capable on its own with just a drop in filter. Also I believe you'll have to pay the difference between the stage 1-2 GIAC tunes. I can't give much info on the exhaust but if people say keep the stock N54 mids to help with smoke and smell from going catless. Awesome list of mods I'd love to have an LSD.
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -TC Kline SA coilovers /camber plates- HP rear toe arms

Last edited by Zombie1; 02-04-2014 at 12:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 09:48 AM   #3
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

That OS Giken is total trash you should give it to me for my open diff

Nice car, great starting point to have almost all the suspension parts sorted out. That's equipped to handle big single type power. Downpipes are the next logical point, if your power goals are 400 wheel you can basically stop there. But why stop at 400? You have a suspension setup that will put down far more than that, we all know the motor doesn't even sneeze south of 600+ whp.

I can tell you that catless downpipes + resonated catless mids + Meisterschaft exhaust sounds pretty sweet. At least in my biased opinion. Can get you some sound clips if you'd like, though I need to figure out some means of hearing it under load. Totally different than just revving it in neutral, of course.

What are your goals for fuel? Pump gas only? E85 mixes? Meth?

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 08:40 PM   #4
johngrossi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i e82

I would definitely recommend an upgraded charge pipe considering you have perfomance mods already!

My e90 n54 blew the charge pipe on a very mild tune.

As for further upgrades you might want to consider e85 blends. I had a jb4 and was running about 40% e85 Blend and it totally changed the car for me. I'm not well versed with the giac tune but I know most other tunes integrate with e85 very well