BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-16-2020, 12:39 PM   #1
pmaxcslt
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Trunk and CA issues

So after owning several BMW's over the and finally getting away from my 7 series... I have decided to complicate my life again. I have purchased a 2009 135i convertible (primarly for the motor). Just got it yesterday and I am trying to figure some things out.

Problem 1 - Comfort access doesnt work at all... Think its the module in the trunk but can't get in the trunk with out key.

Problem 2 - Trunk fuse has blown ... can't figure out what fuse it is. Yes I have googled and searcher.

What I have done

Problem 1 - Changed Fob battery, Checked fuses 61,72,73,79 all good

Problem 2 - When I hit the trunk button under drivers dash I heard a fuse pop, now the button doesn't work and the lever on the rear deck doesn't work. I have checked the valet switch already too!

Can someone tell me what fuse number the truck switch works on. I also didn't have a cigarette lighter but that was fuse 8
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2020, 04:53 PM   #2
2010128iManualTopless
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 128i

Depending on what you're dealing with with Comfort Access, you can reprogram the key fob. Get in the car, hold down the lock button and press the unlock button three times.

With the trunk, it might not be just a fuse. Having it go out just after picking it up tells me it might be a larger problem and you'll just keep going through fuses.
Appreciate 0