BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-14-2008, 08:00 AM   #1
Sam77
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 420d Gran Coupe. Gone: E92

Shark Fin aerial,Connected Dirve and mods to Idrive?

Hi, my first post since joining, although I've had my 1 series for a while now, picked it up last september brand new, and stuck 31000 miles on it already, absolutely loved every minute of it!!

I've got a 57 120d 3dr hatch back with the business nav system fitted. Gutted to hear they are upgrading it, I wonder if it will be possible to upgrade to the latest nav?

Also, unlike a lot of people, I actually really like those shark fin aerials, however mine came with the normal one, anyone know if its possible to change it and get a shark fin fitted, and if so, how much?

Lastly I have registered for the BMW assist package, and find it pretty useful, I would love to be able to use the Googlemaps feature where you send the info down to you car, but it doesnt seem to work on mine- there is no 'my info' screeen! Does anyone have the same problem? is it a bug, or is it just because I have the business system, whereas you need the professional system. It has been into my local dealer, but Im none the wiser from it!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Sam
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 08:38 AM   #2
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

I'd speak to you local dealer about both issues, then shop around other dealers for pricing as I think you may find the fitting costs will vary from dealer to dealer.