BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-02-2008, 05:43 PM   #1
zemper
Rep
Drives: white 135i (deceased)

Installed Vishnu Procede v3 on a 03/08 135i, Interesting results...

So after watching and studying the install video and taking notes on freaking flashcards (which I didnt even do in high school) I ventured under the hood and over to the passenger side strut tower brace area, I followed all the instructions, removed everything in the way and gained access to the ecu compartment.

I opened the ecu up and followed the instructions step by step, grounded the ecu and got it some power. After testing it in loop without the ecu in place as directed by the video, it started fine..

I then removed the couplers covering the procede connectors and put it in.

The first fire up the car would rev rev rev to about 3k until I turned it off. It threw all kinds of wierd codes like coolant something and, it started fine on the second start so I took it for a test drive. Well it didnt feel right at all. It would boost funny making power in the mid range and then die out up top.

Then every few starts it would do the revving thing again... Then when I finally turned it off, the part in the plug and play harness with the spring (im not sure what it does but its the dark clear plastic part with red wires coming out of it) would make a clicking noise over and over,

So I uninstalled the ecu very carefully and now the car runs fine and the ecu is still like new..

Two questions and any suggestions or comments are welcome as I am still looking to tune my car either with this unt if I made a mistake or if anyone has any better ideas let me hear them please

1. What happened? Any ideas maybe I did something wrong in the insteall. maybe connect a wrong wire? Or is it bc of the build date of my car?

2. Will BMW know that the ecu was once installed now that I cleared the codes?

Please, any help especially if anyone is here in S. Florida...

Thanks again to everyone on the board
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
JohnL135I
Donkey Kong King
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Boss 302

First off-

Did you update the firmware in the PROCEDE???

If you did not, you need to ensure you have the right firmware for the current map your running.

Next, up date the map.

Feel free to hit me with a pm and I'll give you my cell number, I had same issues as you did when I had the incorrect firmware installed.
      08-02-2008, 06:38 PM   #3
zemper
Rep

No I didnt update the firmware, the ebay auction sai d and I quote "Unit is pre-loaded with latest V3 stage1 map"

Whether or not thats correct I dont know, and that may have been the latest firmware at that time but may have been outdated since
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 09:21 PM   #4
crzy4135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemper View Post
No I didnt update the firmware, the ebay auction sai d and I quote "Unit is pre-loaded with latest V3 stage1 map"

Whether or not thats correct I dont know, and that may have been the latest firmware at that time but may have been outdated since
Why worry if bmw knows what you're up to.. you just posted your name and number for bmw employees to view!
      08-02-2008, 09:27 PM   #5
zemper
Rep

not anymore, thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 09:35 PM   #6
R32
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
... the ebay auction sai d and I quote "Unit is pre-loaded with latest V3 stage1 map"

how much did you save by buying it on ebay vs. vishnu directly? will vishnu help you? hopefully the will, even though they have no responsibility here.

good luck-- i hope an easy fix is on your way!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 09:48 PM   #7
zemper
Rep

it was a grand shipped... I hear Shiv is really cool like that, he considers it more of a transfer than a pawn off you know?

Or so I have heard, as I have only heard great things about him. Ive actually dealt with him in the past years ago when I was driving a wrx... I doubt he even remembers at all but I remember he was totally cool about everything and always understanding...
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 11:17 PM   #8
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Figure out what went wrong?
      08-03-2008, 12:00 AM   #9
JohnL135I
Donkey Kong King
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
Figure out what went wrong?

I'm in contact with the owner of the Procede now. (Consider me remote tech support:thumbup.

It sounds as though the issue is as simple as a firmware update and map update. Hopefully will have it sorted out tomorrow.
      08-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #10
imported_tek818
Rep
Drives:

update?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #11
JohnL135I
Donkey Kong King
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek818 View Post
update?
I never heard back from the owner of the car, looks like he is selling the kit on e bay.

10-26-2008, 08:18 AM   #12
zemper
Rep

Im still here, I am ready to try round two, Im gonna put her in today possibly if I can get the firmware update and a pc with a serial port :iono:, I lost Johns # Ive been tryig to get it off my old sim, I copped an Iphone recently, best purchase since the 1
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 08:24 AM   #13
zemper
Rep

btw, gotta admit, That pic looks siiiick, I want a black one so bad, dont get me wrong I love my white on red but black on red would be rediculous, and whats up with the window sills, mine are silver Ive seen some in black, is that factory option or painted or whats the deal?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #14
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Im still here, I am ready to try round two, Im gonna put her in today possibly if I can get the firmware update and a pc with a serial port :iono:, I lost Johns # Ive been tryig to get it off my old sim, I copped an Iphone recently, best purchase since the 1
Hey there,
Glad to hear your on the right track. If you need help, let me know. Or better yet, just fill out a tech call-back request from our website and we'll give you a call on Monday and walk you through it.
Cheers,
shiv
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 06:57 PM   #15
2snail
heel toe
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 ww evo X, 08 135i sold

Quote:
btw, gotta admit, That pic looks siiiick, I want a black one so bad, dont get me wrong I love my white on red but black on red would be rediculous, and whats up with the window sills, mine are silver Ive seen some in black, is that factory option or painted or whats the deal?
sport package give you black trim