BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

10-23-2008, 02:58 PM   #45
m3gtrdtm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

14damny,

I'd like to hear more details of your "turbo wheel upgrade". You claimed it was a custom titanium wheel. Resisting my compulsion to deject this statement and follow with a slew of sarcastic comments, I'll bite...

Did you just change the compressor wheel or the turbine wheel as well? (Titanium wont work so well on the hot side). Did you keep the same housings or do any porting? What about the center sections, did this "wheel upgrade" require any modification to the shaft or bearings?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 03:01 PM   #46
never
driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: not a 135 anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14damny View Post
7. full interior I never said anything about drag times or weight shaving
But you did mention you beat a GTR which has close to 500hp, AWD, auto, and a dead easy launch mode. To beat it with a RWD car without a true LSD, you'd need all the help you could get.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 03:07 PM   #47
BilletDesign
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3gtrdtm View Post
I'd like to hear more details of your "turbo wheel upgrade". You claimed it was a custom titanium wheel. Resisting my compulsion to deject this statement and follow with a slew of sarcastic comments, I'll bite...

Did you just change the compressor wheel or the turbine wheel as well? (Titanium wont work so well on the hot side). Did you keep the same housings or do any porting? What about the center sections, did this "wheel upgrade" require any modification to the shaft or bearings?
Just the the turbine wheel. same housing, I was very cautious and did not port the turbo itself, they are tiny things, I did not want to risk cracking, the shaft is still stock and holds up fine 300 miles of heavy driving so far. the bearings are stock
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 03:14 PM   #48
BilletDesign
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by never View Post
But you did mention you beat a GTR which has close to 500hp, AWD, auto, and a dead easy launch mode. To beat it with a RWD car without a true LSD, you'd need all the help you could get.
I agree with you, ive been working on imports my whole life I know every little trick, throwing 10k plus worth of interior out to shave some weight ain't worth.

but i did leave one thing out my race with the gtr was from a 3rd gear roll , not a digg. the gtr probablly would rip me a new one from a digg

but than again they cant launch ... lol
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #49
ARES45
Major
Rep
Drives:

Of course he'd soon be buying himself a new $20k transmission if he used that launch control.
      10-23-2008, 03:23 PM   #50
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Whatever dude i'm running 23#s on racegas, I should be around 480-490 wheel. It is a custom tune , I DID IT MYSELF. iv been tuning cars in south florida for years. vids up soon on the gtr kill.
TO ALL MY HATERS!!!

LMFAO ..

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 03:40 PM   #51
itsthechuck
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135, E34M, E30rally,S6, E30 M3

This engine has been available to tune on the 335 for years and all of a sudden out of nowhere some random guy makes numbers no one could get even close to? Not saying its not possible just not very likely.
By the way i definitely hope it is true.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 03:49 PM   #52
BilletDesign
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsthechuck View Post
This engine has been available to tune on the 335 for years and all of a sudden out of nowhere some random guy makes numbers no one could get even close to? Not saying its not possible just not very likely.

just 1 small part of my defense. think about this!?!

the turbo wheel..... now ti. = lighter=faster=more cfm's

suprisinglly it is a really easy mod (for me)

without me telling you...

how much gain would you expect? .....
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #53
m3gtrdtm
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just the the turbine wheel. same housing, I was very cautious and did not port the turbo itself, they are tiny things, I did not want to risk cracking, the shaft is still stock and holds up fine 300 miles of heavy driving so far. the bearings are stock
Can I ask where you got this turbine wheel? Titanium turbine wheels are extremely rare. Titanium-aluminide (TiAl) is used in some applications through a complicated casting process, which means a custom wheel would cost...an astronomical amount of money.

Who manufactures the turbos used in the N54?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 03:52 PM   #54
Noize
Under the radar
United_States
Rep
Drives: FWD in reverse

Quote:
1. 23#'s of boost on c16 (116 octane)
2. custom tig welded TBE
3. only a ported exhaust manifold (flow's real well)
4. turbo wheel upgrade
5. Greddy piggy back ( easy install by the way )
6. drop in filter no intake
7. full interior I never said anything about drag times or weight shaving
More lies, just like the HP fuel pump you somehow magically replaced with a standard Walbro.

1) Look at the above picture and tell me how you ported an integrated manifold?

2) Greddy just recently filed for bankruptcy, so there are no new piggybacks of theirs in development at this time. Of their prior offerings, neither the Greddy e-manage nor the e-manage Ultimate have an N54 app.

Humoring your asinine claims for a second, pretend you reworked an original e-manage. You'd have to know CAS data, have a way to manage BMW's unique boost control (because the e-manage will not), and do flying leads for the clip harnesses. It'd be a massive undertaking, nothing like an "easy install", and would be nowhere near as good as one of the engine management solutions already on the market. By the way, if you have your own uber Greddy setup, why did you post this thread last night?

Quote:
what chip/flash/comp works with a BOV???
JUST CURIOUS I KNOW THE VISHNU DOES NOT

3) Everyone knows the stock airboxes are huge flow restrictions in a modded car. To even claim to make that kind of power, you wouldn’t be using a stock airbox. There are several threads with results that support this.

Dude, at least learn about the car you're going to make shat up about. Your BS story has more holes in it than a piece of Swiss cheese and doesn't even sound a little convincing.

Quote:
Can I ask where you got this turbine wheel? Titanium turbine wheels are extremely rare. Titanium-aluminide (TiAl) is used in some applications through a complicated casting process, which means a custom wheel would cost...an astronomical amount of money.

Who manufactures the turbos used in the N54?

Mitsubishi does, but its just another lie. That makes 5 so far.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 03:59 PM   #55
BilletDesign
Private
Rep

ok I give up im a liar, I was so stupid to try to help this forum and frankly im tired of typing. You people are very ignorant to not belive and im deleting my username. go have fun waiting months to have what i have. so continue to talk ish
I HATE FORUMS
PEACE
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 04:03 PM   #56
Noize
Under the radar
United_States
Rep
Drives: FWD in reverse

Quote:
just 1 small part of my defense. think about this!?!

the turbo wheel..... now ti. = lighter=faster=more cfm's

suprisinglly it is a really easy mod (for me)

without me telling you...

how much gain would you expect? .....

I upgraded to a titanium internalled 16G (Blouch sourced OEM Mitsu TME) in my Evo VIII. It didn't make a jot of difference in power from other 10.5 hotsided guys, but I did get like 150rpm faster spool. Read: useless. And this is a real turbo that can flow a lot more than the turbos on the 135i.

All that to say, lighter = faster spool up. It does NOT = more CFM. I can't believe you're this stupid, so I vote that you're a fake troll trying to wind people up with silly claims.

Quote:
go have fun waiting months to have what i have.
A truckload of bullshit? No thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 04:04 PM   #57
JKAWB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 135i Black Sapphire

Quote:
ok I give up im a liar, I was so stupid to try to help this forum and frankly im tired of typing. You people are very ignorant to not belive and im deleting my username. go have fun waiting months to have what i have. so continue to talk ish
I HATE FORUMS
PEACE
If it were true, I would get proof and prove everyone wrong and make everyone look like an idiot before I would tuck my tail and leave.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 04:08 PM   #58
m3gtrdtm
Private
United_States
Rep

Well that's just great. Now what are we going to do?!?!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #59
aitsu
Mmmmm.. torque....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Imola Red F80 M3

Quote:
Well that's just great. Now what are we going to do?!?!?!?!
let's go cornhole us a drunk!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 04:20 PM   #60
crzy4135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpinweiß View Post
I upgraded to a titanium internalled 16G (Blouch sourced OEM Mitsu TME) in my Evo VIII. It didn't make a jot of difference in power from other 10.5 hotsided guys, but I did get like 150rpm faster spool. Read: useless. And this is a real turbo that can flow a lot more than the turbos on the 135i.

All that to say, lighter = faster spool up. It does NOT = more CFM. I can't believe you're this stupid, so I vote that you're a fake troll trying to wind people up with silly claims.

A truckload of bullshit? No thanks.
Yea, if you upgrade to a lighter wheel that fits into the same compressor housing... the only thing you gain is slightly better spoolup.

Personally, I would like to see a company like blouch machine the compressor housings and fit a slightly larger compressor wheels with extended tip height on the inlet side. Similar to what they already do for B5 S4's. It could be good for another 30hp at the same shaft speeds.
      10-23-2008, 04:24 PM   #61
Brady1984
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

This thread has shown the bad side of the forum. Maybe the guy talked a little more than the facts could support but that's how it goes I guess. I just remember it's the internet, not the truth squad.
      10-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #62
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Well this has certainly been an interesting read. :wink:

The 'truth squad' is in the 'Politics' forum.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming . . . :roundel:
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 04:33 PM   #63
JB135i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

FibreOptix now does turbo parts and tunes...AWESOME!

Man I wish I could see the empty shipping box they all would have shipped in, and we'll miss the stained couch and carpet pics too.

Why did you guys have to chase him away (again) so soon.

LOL
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 04:37 PM   #64
ronnyek
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Evo MR Touring

As far as I know I havent heard any stories of people blowing n54's. This guy was pretty obvious, but I'd like to see somone push the motor instead of just sayin 400whp theoretical limit...

I am guessing more so than anything else, n54 is a pricey peice and nobodys done a ton with turbos etc... injectors are a very valid point... lets see some innovation
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 04:51 PM   #65
coco_m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged E90 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
why does everyone always think every stupid person that comes on this board is FiberOptix.
Thats retarded.
FiberOptix isn't based out of Florida, if you would stop assuming every person that comes on this board with something to say, and you dont agree with them is FiberOptix you would know that.

It just bugs me.

Sorry to vent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135i View Post
FibreOptix now does turbo parts and tunes...AWESOME!

Man I wish I could see the empty shipping box they all would have shipped in, and we'll miss the stained couch and carpet pics too.

Why did you guys have to chase him away (again) so soon.

LOL
      10-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #66
Bahraini135
First Lieutenant
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Packaged 135i

Garage List
I guess it's cheeper to swap a 2jzgte than mod an N54

like what I did to my 84 Celica :P

In theory, a sleeved block with forged rods and pistons along with a proper fuel dilivery, bigger single-turbo with tune should run 600whp.... but still, till some one gets the ball to do so, we can all just meet here and dream
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread