BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #45
frimmelnojerz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego blue 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannypoffo View Post
ROFL about how you wrote a huge paragraph based on my little joke.

thats been stored up in me since...weeks ago. and how am i supposed to know the difference between someone who is serious and joking when all the words look the same? some people believe this shit!!!!!1111111!!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #46
ktdw
BMWCCA #401908
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frimmelnojerz View Post
seeing as how theres no conceivable way thats possible, yes i am serious. Can anyone pull their heads out of their asses for five minutes and understand that this is retarded. its an intake. theres nothing magical about it and as far as any logical human being is concerned there are no "gains" proven by anything. Only that there is a substantial loss by using the AFE intake IF THAT. let me get this straight. you buy a piggyback tune for 800 bucks that gives you 70hp and 75tq. It remaps your entire ECU, ups boost, pulls timing, all that good, complicated stuff and you get the hypothetical numbers above(70/75). different guy, same car gets an intake and gets 12hp AND 61 FUCKING POUNDS FEET OF TORQUE!!!1 are you for real? on NO planet can that happen. wheres all the torque coming from? is the magical intake fairy giving you her special blend of cotton on the filter that acts a third turbo? what the shit did you just do? you just throw it on the car and then BOOM 61 lbs feet of torque. that BMW was like oh they're never going to figure out the only thing holding this car back from being a scud missile is a owrgfoabwfuckinguvuseorgjn CONE!!! why the shit isnt everyone getting an intake then? why isnt riss racing charging a grand for it SINCE IT MAKES AS MUCH POWER AS A FLIPPIN PIGGYBACK TUNE. i just want to know. are you retarded or insane? just answer me that.

show me. show me the stock box and what it makes on a stock tune and a retune and then show me the difference any intake makes on the same car with the stock tune and same aftermarket tune. i will eat my words if you can get 61 lbs/ft out of a goddamn cone but i have a feeling it'll just be steak this evening.

i cant believe this place. is anyone listening or are we just waiting for the next guy to come along and say he's discovered that you get 400whp from adding vitamin water to your power steering rack?
A little over-the-top, but I pretty much agree. Isn't an intake pretty much a supporting mod? Meaning, it will allow your tune to do what it's trying to do, but won't otherwise make a significant difference.

I thought it was common knowledge that you don't need an intake unless you have a tune and are putting down 350 whp or so. I'm sure there are differences between intakes, but I'm thinking (and many others) that the differences in power from aftermarket intakes is going to be pretty much the same. The RR intake may be better than AFE, but I doubt it's going to be a noticable difference (definitely not a "throw you into the back of your seat" difference).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all the fastest 335s and 135s running with a DCI?

Vishnu PROcede v3, Vishnu Dual Cone Intake, Code3 FMIC, Riss Racing Downpipes, Riss Racing Exhaust, H&R Sport Springs
Best 1/4 mile: 12.583 @ 117.609 mph
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #47
hbiscuit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

wow, some common sense in this thread... am i on the right forum?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 03:04 PM   #48
frimmelnojerz
Captain
United_States
Rep

DCI? dual cone intake? yea maybe but does that mean that a car that runs just a dual cone intake will be faster than any ONE hardware mod? no. that just means someone has thrown a lot of money at the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #49
JohnnyTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktdw View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all the fastest 335s and 135s running with a DCI?

Yeah, if you have a DCI, you really can't get anymore air into the turbos. No tubing bottlenecks like some of these overpriced ones. Plenty of surface area for both turbos. So spend around $100 and spend the rest on a fat juicy steak.

Otherwise, save your money till something completely mind blowing comes out. Not all these rushed to market, over hyped intakes.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 03:12 PM   #50
ktdw
BMWCCA #401908
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
DCI? dual cone intake? yea maybe but does that mean that a car that runs just a dual cone intake will be faster than any ONE hardware mod? no. that just means someone has thrown a lot of money at the car.
I'm not sure I understand. My point is/was that a dual cone intake (or any intake) will not do much by itself. But if you have a tune and want have 350+ whp, you need to have an intake...and it probably doesn't matter which one. I noted DCI because they work and are relatively inexpensive (no point in spending $$$ on one of those carbon fiber intakes - that do the same thing)

Vishnu PROcede v3, Vishnu Dual Cone Intake, Code3 FMIC, Riss Racing Downpipes, Riss Racing Exhaust, H&R Sport Springs
Best 1/4 mile: 12.583 @ 117.609 mph
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #51
crzy4135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
seeing as how theres no conceivable way thats possible, yes i am serious. Can anyone pull their heads out of their asses for five minutes and understand that this is retarded. its an intake. theres nothing magical about it and as far as any logical human being is concerned there are no "gains" proven by anything. Only that there is a substantial loss by using the AFE intake IF THAT. let me get this straight. you buy a piggyback tune for 800 bucks that gives you 70hp and 75tq. It remaps your entire ECU, ups boost, pulls timing, all that good, complicated stuff and you get the hypothetical numbers above(70/75). different guy, same car gets an intake and gets 12hp AND 61 FUCKING POUNDS FEET OF TORQUE!!!1 are you for real? on NO planet can that happen. wheres all the torque coming from? is the magical intake fairy giving you her special blend of cotton on the filter that acts a third turbo? what the shit did you just do? you just throw it on the car and then BOOM 61 lbs feet of torque. that BMW was like oh they're never going to figure out the only thing holding this car back from being a scud missile is a owrgfoabwfuckinguvuseorgjn CONE!!! why the shit isnt everyone getting an intake then? why isnt riss racing charging a grand for it SINCE IT MAKES AS MUCH POWER AS A FLIPPIN PIGGYBACK TUNE. i just want to know. are you retarded or insane? just answer me that.

show me. show me the stock box and what it makes on a stock tune and a retune and then show me the difference any intake makes on the same car with the stock tune and same aftermarket tune. i will eat my words if you can get 61 lbs/ft out of a goddamn cone but i have a feeling it'll just be steak this evening.

i cant believe this place. is anyone listening or are we just waiting for the next guy to come along and say he's discovered that you get 400whp from adding vitamin water to your power steering rack?
Yea, lets give anyone who posts a dyno sheet (that they paid for with their own money) so much shit that we never see a dyno sheet posted, out of fear of catching hell from guys such as yourself.

What you should do is thank him for posting the info and use your own brain to sort the facts and compare it to the next guy who buys the same setup and posts another dyno sheet. It's aggrevating when some people constantly put people down but never offer any positive input of their own to share with the forum.

If someone wants to see scientific before/after dynos why don't you paypal the guy some money to support the dyno runs you want to see? I'm sure if some of the critics donated some cash he'd reinstall the stock airbox and do a pull.. then install the other setup and do another pull back to back.
      10-27-2008, 05:48 PM   #52
JohnnyTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzy4135i View Post
Yea, lets give anyone who posts a dyno sheet (that they paid for with their own money) so much shit that we never see a dyno sheet posted, out of fear of catching hell from guys such as yourself.

What you should do is thank him for posting the info and use your own brain to sort the facts and compare it to the next guy who buys the same setup and posts another dyno sheet. It's aggrevating when some people constantly put people down but never offer any positive input of their own to share with the forum.

If someone wants to see scientific before/after dynos why don't you paypal the guy some money to support the dyno runs you want to see? I'm sure if some of the critics donated some cash he'd reinstall the stock airbox and do a pull.. then install the other setup and do another pull back to back.
I think what he's trying to say is between companies trying to sell their products, and people who just think what they have is the best or just don't understand the basics... there is enough mis-information being posted on the forums.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 06:47 PM   #53
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

wait, can we go back to the part where vitamin water in the PS rack gives me 400hp?

DIY? :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 07:49 PM   #54
frimmelnojerz
Captain
United_States
Rep

yea just open up your power steering res and dump a bottle of red(make sure its the red) vitamin water. If you want to get risky sprinkle some on the leather(it wont work if you have the leatherette). that should effectively lower your suspension so you can take all the extra power. Tons of R&D was put into this and i have dyno numbers i made up to prove it. so there. but you can only get the special red vitamin water from me since i spent so much time developing it. thats 300 dollars per bottle.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2008, 03:40 AM   #55
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Seems by looking at the charts the "tunes" simply change the shape of the curves to get a much greater maximum hp and torque, but the power delivery is anything but smooth and the fall off is dramatic. That being said, ideal shift points will move to the left (lower rpms) and with that optimum speed isn't obtained per gear. It looks like you've spent a bunch of money (to brag about higher peak crank numbers) but have actually gained very little in terms of acceleration through the rpm range and gears.