BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #111
beau@performanceshockinc
Rep
Drives: Ralt RT41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Will be keen to work with you guys as well (if possible due to my location). Waiting on my brakes to arrive before looking into suspension setup. Brakes at the moment is still at least 2 and a half months away.
We certainly work with folks 'down under' and have a dealer outside of Sydney as well....Pulse Racing. I look forward to working with you in the future.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #112
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pictures. More/Better ones to come...

I also have videos of the shake rig before and after.

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #113
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Nice. How far away is the official release you reckon?
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #114
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Everything went really well this time around, with the hardest part being placement of the reservoirs. Ohlins wanted to keep the lines relatively shorter (obviously for performance), but the front passenger side and rear driver side reservoirs are in temp, zip tied locations with soft cushion mounts. one thing to note: i really want to find a shorter front anti-roll linkage (or adjustable even, if possible). this will allow for a bigger 10" spring and thus more drop in the front. right now the car sits at about 1/2" lower in the front and 1/4" lower in the rear...not much, but if I wanted to go lower...that linkage is holding me back.

timeframe on the setup (back to your question): once i'm able to ride on it for a little bit and report back to ohlins (that there are no major issues), i'm assuming that they will be able to start working out details on the kit. they were still a little hush on an "official" release date, even though i told them that would be a major question in the board. i will call them this morning with my initial thoughts: all good! from what i understand, spring rates are 2x normal setup, so it definitely makes for a more responsive feel. driving is extremely smooth and steering is incredibly responsive (it's a very tight setup, with very little roll and body movement). it was about 8:30 when we were finished, and i had a 2 hr drive ahead of me to get back to charlotte...so I don't have a ton of information for you yet. i was really getting tired and it was a long day.

there will also be more shake rig testing time in the next couple of weeks. because of the hour, we had to hold off (it would've taken another two or so hours to run through some simulated tracks, various road conditions, etc.). i'll keep you guys posted.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #115
beau@performanceshockinc
Rep

Cool! Glad to hear it. We actually have made up adjustable links for our E92 kit, for that same reason. Looking forward to hearing feedback, I'm sure it will be a great set-up!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #116
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau@performanceshockinc View Post
Cool! Glad to hear it. We actually have made up adjustable links for our E92 kit, for that same reason. Looking forward to hearing feedback, I'm sure it will be a great set-up!
Beau, do you have adjustable links for the 1M? I'd like to get some various size ranges so that I can remain close to stock ride height most of the time, and perhaps go more aggressive for the track. Ohlins is recommending getting adjustable links, and change the spring to a 10" spring for greater range.

So far, the best that I have seen are from Turner: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-21...inks-pair.aspx

Would like to hear your recommendations though.

Thanks for staying up with the thread. I should be getting a whole list of adjustability ranges, rates etc from Nick and Jeff very soon, but Jeff was out for most of yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 11:20 AM   #117
beau@performanceshockinc
Rep

you have pm. let me know if you have any further questions.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #118
cracknut
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda S2000 SCCA roadrace car

I ended up here while browsing for Ohlins TTX applications. Just wasting time on the ole innertubes.

Any way, I wanted to give a shout out to Beau and the whole crew at PSI for helping me get setup with a set of TTX36 dampers on my Honda S2000 racecar. I compete in the SCCA road racing - STU class - out here in NorCal.

Here's my review of the setup on the S2000 forum:
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/9579...ing-monoballs/
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #119
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
I believe if you call Jeff at Ohlins, he will be able to quote you for this setup now. I received my invoice yesterday. The ride is absolutely amazing. The road holding is much better than stock (and definitely more sensitive), with cornering there is very little body movement and when the back end breaks loose, it is a very predictable, controlled break. I'm very pleased with the results. Everything is completely adjustable. Shocks are two-way adjustable, ride height is fully adjustable, camber is fully adjustable. I couldn't ask for more! Can't wait to put it on the track soon, and really play around with the adjustments. Ohlins did a great job!

If you want more information, send your questions in a PM. I've pretty much left this thread alone, since it went so far off course.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #120
///Machiavelli
Big Mac
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY16 F80

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
If you want more information, send your questions in a PM. I've pretty much left this thread alone, since it went so far off course.
That's unfortunate and I hope you reconsider.

While I haven't contributed, I've been following this thread closely as I await the release of Ohlins 1M R&T coilovers. Unsolicited threads such as yours here v1k are invaluable to us all and the open discourse around them are the lifeblood of the forum.

my 2c
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #121
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
I believe if you call Jeff at Ohlins, he will be able to quote you for this setup now. I received my invoice yesterday. The ride is absolutely amazing. The road holding is much better than stock (and definitely more sensitive), with cornering there is very little body movement and when the back end breaks loose, it is a very predictable, controlled break. I'm very pleased with the results. Everything is completely adjustable. Shocks are two-way adjustable, ride height is fully adjustable, camber is fully adjustable. I couldn't ask for more! Can't wait to put it on the track soon, and really play around with the adjustments. Ohlins did a great job!

Awesome, thx for your quick review, and of course sharing your full experience with us over the last several months. I'll shoot you a PM shortly. Based on my experience with Ohlins on the RS 4, there simply is no other manufacturer I would look to for my 1///M needs!
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #122
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Thanks for the review! Good to know the options available from Ohlins. Now, we are just waiting on their R&T option before I start looking into it.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 02:14 AM   #123
E36325is
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 1M coupe

Same here waiting for Ohlins R&T for 1M
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 05:52 AM   #124
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36325is View Post
What's the price in HK like compare to US/Europe? It would be good to see they dynos between their R&T and their TTXs. My concern is that my love of B roads in Aus may kill the TTXs prematurely. However, most of my driving I am hoping will be on track next year.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 05:28 AM   #125
E36325is
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 1M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
What's the price in HK like compare to US/Europe? It would be good to see they dynos between their R&T and their TTXs. My concern is that my love of B roads in Aus may kill the TTXs prematurely. However, most of my driving I am hoping will be on track next year.
I do not know yet, I need to locate the Ohlins dealer 1st, never tried their products so far.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #126
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36325is View Post
Those are still a few months away.
Appreciate 0