BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-24-2022, 09:01 PM   #1
Marlin
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i - M-Sport/DCT/PS

Filled charge pipe with meth..

Recently (like an idiot) I accidentally over primed my charge pipe with meth, and dumped about a cup of it into it. I didn't realize this is what happened and what caused the car to start misfiring while I was idling. It ran for about a minute before I shut it off once the misfires started.

Not realizing what I had done, I took it (SLOWLY) around the block and it went into limp mode. Turned it off, back on with no misfires then drove it home without misfires and a little sluggishness as I didn't give it any real load.

Let the issue rest for a day then thought to check my charge pipe. It had been filled with about a cup of meth, so I drained it, checked if it back flowed or up flowed which doesn't look like it did and popped it back on and drove without issue. Only thing is I've now got a valvetronic stop not learned code that's popped up that will give me limp mode with 3/4 cylinder misfires. It doesn't happen every time and I've hit 10-12psi without an issue, but then it will randomly occur again. I did notice some idle hunting the day prior, and I've heard this can be valvetronic related.

Could this be related?

Can liquid be forced up into the intake by air flow?
Appreciate 0