BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-10-2008, 02:45 PM   #23
aesthetect
form follows function
United_States
Rep
Drives: GC impreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline View Post
11k rpm will likely not happen.

2.0 Twin turbo with 300hp.
That will likely happen.

I can't wait for it!

Will this be the so called M135i?
none of this is official, AT ALL, but best guesses according to the rumor-mill are..

M135i refers to the idea of a tuned 135 with a few more M-bits (the most pointless of all the 1 series potential cars, IMO)

135tii would refer to a lightened 135 with a from-factory set of the performance parts and maybe some aluminum panels (dont expect significant chassis lightening until the 2011 "F20" though)

M120tii would be along the lines of the TT4, again not until teh next 1 series in 2011 (probably with the M or the tii, though, not both)

a 123d would quite possibly fulfill ever dream i could have. as far as something thats not coming to america though, thats it. they dont think they can sell diesels here and frankly, theyre right.

bottom line is the concept of ///Motorsport to BMW (and other manufacturers eventually) is changing. as Scott said, the output wars are over (thank god). we are now moving into a time where automotive performance means a small, fun car to drive that gets good fuel economy out of a highly efficient small displacement motor - efficient dynamics. efficiency doesn't just mean good fuel economy, it means maximum power out for the amount of chemical potential energy you are putting in. and apparently (although not surprisingly) the path is turbochargers, particularly with respect to emissions. bmw has spent decades developing high-revving inline motors, times change. these are interesting times we live in. i, for one, could not be more excited. but if youre a horsepower monger and like the 1 series, buy a 135 before its too late...
Appreciate 0