BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-12-2019, 02:18 PM   #67
ScottyRyan2019
Licensed Professional Slacker
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive and BMW X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
As someone who has been in situations where I've flown across country to have a 30 minute meeting on a critical item, I don't think as most do on this.

I will spell it out. The Ambassador of England to the United States has a critical and potentially inflammatory report to provide to his boss on the President of the lone superpower in the world who also happens to be our most important ally. If this doesn't warrant a flight, few other things will.

Cheers-mk
I do understand your point. However, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. After all, Trump is such a putz he would be flying back daily to make a report. That in and of itself would be a bit tiring.

07-12-2019, 02:20 PM   #68
ScottyRyan2019
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Talk to me come election day when we put on our big boy pants and have Trump bend you over and spank you again. Shall we post more pics of libtrats crying the last time he whooped that ass.
That's naughty.
MKSixer14429.50

07-12-2019, 03:10 PM   #69
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyRyan2019 View Post
Quote:
Talk to me come election day when we put on our big boy pants and have Trump bend you over and spank you again. Shall we post more pics of libtrats crying the last time he whooped that ass.
That's naughty.
Losing the popular vote is whooping ass?

07-12-2019, 03:14 PM   #70
ScottyRyan2019
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
And having them Russians helping ya, too!
      07-12-2019, 09:02 PM   #71
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
That's naughty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
It seems like this guy is completely on point. He may actually replace Prancercising. What say you, UncleWede ?

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 1
Delta03117178.00

07-12-2019, 09:20 PM   #72
cjb762
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is, MG 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genieman View Post
Quote:
I can't seem to find anything about this on Fox News....

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/06/polit...ump/index.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...unctional.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ate-visit.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-kill-150.html

It seems the U K Ambassador to the United States has been less than impressed overall with Trump (with the exception of the recent U K visit), calling him "inept," "insecure," and "incompetent" among other things over the past couple of years.

There is also talk about much infighting within the White House.

The last article I found very interesting in light of the thread we have going here about Iran and the comments some have made.

I have had very little confidence in the White House clown shown in the past and things such as this do nothing to alleviate those feelings.
Who gives a flying fuck nugget about what a foreign ambassador thinks about our president???? What next you're gonna make a post about Sadiq Khan saying mean things about him too?

The president represents the US's interests in the world. The only opinions that matter are the ones who either elect him or elect his opponent.
Talk about being willfully blind to the truth. Trump is a conman with zero qualifications to lead a small municipality, let alone a country. You who voted for him or support him have been conned, but you are either too stubborn or too invested at this point to admit it. He is immoral and unethical. He antithetical to every core conservative principle. He lies and cheats constantly. If he is truly the best we can do as a country, we are well ant truly fucked.
Appreciate 2
      07-12-2019, 09:29 PM   #73
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb762 View Post
Talk about being willfully blind to the truth. Trump is a conman with zero qualifications to lead a small municipality, let alone a country. You who voted for him or support him have been conned, but you are either too stubborn or too invested at this point to admit it. He is immoral and unethical. He antithetical to every core conservative principle. He lies and cheats constantly. If he is truly the best we can do as a country, we are well ant truly fucked.
Ok. Sure. Federal Reserve chief says that economy is in very good shape. Rate cut also coming soon.
Attached Images

Last edited by MKSixer; 07-12-2019 at 10:14 PM..
Appreciate 2
SakhirM49395.50
Delta03117178.00

07-12-2019, 09:39 PM   #74
cjb762
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Ok. Sure. Federal Reserve chief says that economy is in vey good shape. Rate cut also coming soon.
No, you're right. Lying, cheating, and incompetence is totally cool as long as the economy is on a positive trajectory.
Appreciate 1
1 AKY285.00

07-12-2019, 09:45 PM   #75
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
No, you're right. Lying, cheating, and incompetence is totally cool as long as the economy is on a positive trajectory.
All politicians lie. EACH. ONE. OF. THEM. The ones you love lie like rugs.

What's your actual point?

If you hate Mr. Trump, just say so. But to say that he's a liar and you hate him for that means that you obviously hate all politicians.

Appreciate 2
      07-12-2019, 09:51 PM   #76
cjb762
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
All politicians lie. EACH. ONE. OF. THEM. The ones you love lie like rugs.

What's your actual point?

If you hate Mr. Trump, just say so. But to say that he's a liar and you hate him for that means that you obviously hate all politicians.
If you TRULY believe that all politicians are in the same universe as trump when it comes to lying, unethical behavior, and incompetence, then, well, I don't know what to say. He is a piece of shit in his very own shit league, and is absolutely undeserving of the support that so many otherwise good and intelligent people are giving him.
Appreciate 2
      07-12-2019, 09:57 PM   #77
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
If you TRULY believe that all politicians are in the same universe as trump when it comes to lying, unethical behavior, and incompetence, then, well, I don't know what to say. He is a piece of shit in his very own shit league, and is absolutely undeserving of the support that so many otherwise good and intelligent people are giving him.
I used to be a federal lobbyist. I stopped because the entire enterprise was so incredibly toxic. I don't believe...I know. You have no idea.

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 09:59 PM   #78
cjb762
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I used to be a federal lobbyist. I stopped because the entire enterprise was so toxic incredibly. I don't believe...I know. You have no idea.
And you still think trump is the best we can do?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 10:01 PM   #79
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Absolutely not. He is the best that was available at the time. He is what we needed to put the career politicians on notice. They are terrified.

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 10:07 PM   #80
cjb762
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Absolutely not. He is the best that was available at the time. He is what we needed to put the career politicians on notice. They are terrified.
"He was the best that was available at the time" is one of the saddest things I have ever read. I'm not saying every candidate needs to be a Reagan or a Bush Sr, but if the Republican Party really couldn't do better than trump, we should all be terrified.
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2019, 10:10 PM   #81
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
"He was the best that was available at the time" is one of the saddest things I have ever read. I'm not saying every candidate needs to be a Reagan or a Bush Sr, but if the Republican Party really couldn't do better than trump, we should all be terrified.
I deal in objective realities. Wishing for another candidate is a wasted wish. You're terrified of the wrong thing. Here is what you should be terrified of...an email from Bill Ivey to John Podesta:
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
SakhirM49395.50
N54Yankee1400.50

07-12-2019, 10:26 PM   #82
cjb762
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I deal in objective realities. Wishing for another candidate is a wasted wish. You're terrified of the wrong thing. Here is what you should be terrified of...an email from Bill Ivey to John Podesta:
Brother, I am talking about objective realities. I'm not wishing for other candidates, there were other candidates, but conservatives picked trump - objectively the least qualified and most unethical. The email expresses the exact thing that I am terrified of. trump was elected because he was a tv personality, not because he had any qualifications at all to serve in one of the most important posts in the world. I've heard more demeaning of government by far from conservatives - at least on this board. And picking a complete buffoon to lead the party and the nation is the worst possible way to effect a positive change.
Appreciate 1
1 AKY285.00

07-12-2019, 10:49 PM   #83
Genieman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I can't seem to find anything about this on Fox News....

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/06/polit...ump/index.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...unctional.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ate-visit.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-kill-150.html

It seems the U K Ambassador to the United States has been less than impressed overall with Trump (with the exception of the recent U K visit), calling him "inept," "insecure," and "incompetent" among other things over the past couple of years.

There is also talk about much infighting within the White House.

The last article I found very interesting in light of the thread we have going here about Iran and the comments some have made.

I have had very little confidence in the White House clown shown in the past and things such as this do nothing to alleviate those feelings.
Who gives a flying fuck nugget about what a foreign ambassador thinks about our president???? What next you're gonna make a post about Sadiq Khan saying mean things about him too?

The president represents the US's interests in the world. The only opinions that matter are the ones who either elect him or elect his opponent.
My post had nothing to do with Trump. It had to do with the fact that a foreign ambassador's opinion regarding our president, who ever that happens to be, at any given point in time, or any other of our internal political matters, is completely and utterly irrelevant. A foreign ambassador's opinion may entirely be biased by his personal political ideology, or may be biased to their country's interests or any other myriad of biases which can affect their opinion. We vote for our politicians. The only opinions that matter are the voters.

Also, please turn your TDS dial down from 10. He's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, and he does and says stupid things, just like he occasionally does some good things. If you want to be intellectually honest, then call balls and strikes regarding specific issues and people will take it seriously. Throwing out MSNBC platitudes makes you no better than a far right apologist.
Appreciate 5
lakefront183.50
MKSixer14429.50
N54Yankee1400.50
glennQNYC5316.00

07-12-2019, 11:04 PM   #84
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Brother, I am talking about objective realities. I'm not wishing for other candidates, there were other candidates, but conservatives picked trump - objectively the least qualified and most unethical. The email expresses the exact thing that I am terrified of. trump was elected because he was a tv personality, not because he had any qualifications at all to serve in one of the most important posts in the world. I've heard more demeaning of government by far from conservatives - at least on this board. And picking a complete buffoon to lead the party and the nation is the worst possible way to effect a positive change.
Unemployment at a 51 year low.
Wages up for the first time in 11 years with the lower strata making the biggest gains.
Finally getting a handle on control of our borders.
Manufacturing returning to the country.

And if you are actually discussing the demeaning of the government, no one is doing more than the democrats in their treatment of the border patrol and ICE agents. It's disgusting in all ways.

These people are attempting to dismantle our country. Without borders, you have no country. Why are they attempting to give illegal immigrants the same rights as citizens? Do they do this in other countries? We both know the answer. The democrats have positioned themselves to actually cheer against the country just as you tacitly did when I posted the positive gains in the market.

As long as Mr. Trump is for something, they are against it no matter how positive it may be. This is simply stupid.

Appreciate 3
SakhirM49395.50
glennQNYC5316.00
Delta03117178.00

07-12-2019, 11:24 PM   #85
cjb762
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My post had nothing to do with Trump. It had to do with the fact that a foreign ambassador's opinion regarding our president, who ever that happens to be, at any given point in time, or any other of our internal political matters, is completely and utterly irrelevant. A foreign ambassador's opinion may entirely be biased by his personal political ideology, or may be biased to their country's interests or any other myriad of biases which can affect their opinion. We vote for our politicians. The only opinions that matter are the voters.

Also, please turn your TDS dial down from 10. He's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, and he does and says stupid things, just like he occasionally does some good things. If you want to be intellectually honest, then call balls and strikes regarding specific issues and people will take it seriously. Throwing out MSNBC platitudes makes you no better than a far right apologist.

I don't know man - as you were responding to a post that specifically referenced someone being critical of trump by saying "Who gives a flying fuck nugget about what a foreign ambassador thinks about our president?" I'd say your post had everything to do with trump.

Also, this ambassador's opinion appears to be focused directly on trumps personal qualities (ineptitude, insecurity, incompetence) rather than political ideology or any other "myriad of biases" that might be relevant to a political critique. To be fair, he isn't alone in his opinion - a number of people within the trump administration have made similar assessments regarding trumps personal qualities (stating that he is a "moron", etc.).

I think it is a little bit of a non-sequitur too, when you say that the "president represents the US's interests in the world," but also that "the only opinions that matter are the voters." I mean, if he is representing the US out in the world, it must be because the opinions of those out in the world matter in some way.

As far as calling balls and strikes goes, I only wish I had time in my life to call all the strikes. Even if I did though, it would be all for nothing, as the people who support him are happy to ignore or excuse moral, ethical, and legal failures as "stupid things he occasionally says or does."

Appreciate 2
1 AKY285.00

07-12-2019, 11:35 PM   #86
cjb762
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
As long as Mr. Trump is for something, they are against it no matter how positive it may be. This is simply stupid.
I agree with this statement. But trump bears as much responsibility for it as the democrats. He doesn't want to work with people. He is a divisive personality.

As for the unemployment, wages, economy, etc., those weren't trumps doing. The economy turned around under obama, and it has continued on essentially the same trajectory under trump. Also, the economy makes absolutely no difference in this equation. He doesn't get a pass for being a piece of shit because the economy is doing ok.

As for demeaning the government, i have read no end of posts on this forum from conservatives who are convinced the government is a bunch of deep state liberals who are hell bent on destroying the country. Ridiculous. Like, flat earth ridiculous.
Appreciate 1
SumBMWGuy832.00

07-13-2019, 12:56 AM   #87
Eriphill
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
As for demeaning the government, i have read no end of posts on this forum from conservatives who are convinced the government is a bunch of deep state liberals who are hell bent on destroying the country. Ridiculous. Like, flat earth ridiculous.

If after reading all those posts that was the conclusion you came to you completely missed the point. And if you want to see a bunch of liberals who are hell bent on destroying the country all you have to do is go watch the recent Democratic debates.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 03:27 AM   #88
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Wow. Eye opening.

Your wasting your time with him. TDS is strong with that one.
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 1
MKSixer14429.50