BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-22-2009, 10:00 AM   #1
Axiom
Rep
Drives:

Unhappy 09 135i iDrive failed

Bah my iDrive stopped working. It will try to load but it just sits there with the BMW logo then restarts itself. It did this all the way to work this morning. If you have ever had a computer where the hard drive failed, it will make repetitive clicking noises like its trying to read a sector, but cant. Well thats what the hard drive in my car would do all the way to work.

Once I got there it managed to get to the 'Starting Navigation' screen, but it locked up and restarted again. With the engine off you can hear the drive power cycle itself and try to start but it fails every time. Just went outside to double check and make sure it isnt a fluke but upon turning on ignition, the drive would do the same thing. Just got off the phone with the dealer I have an appointment today and they will take care of the issue and provide a loaner car. Anyone with a 2009 iDrive (the hard drive based one) have this kind of failure?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
EspressoBoy
1addict, and proud
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 08

I have read of a few. Use search to find them.

EspressoBoy

PS
BTW welcome to the site!
Sorry that you have problems...

I know it sucks on a new car. My PDC was faulty, took them like 3 weeks plus to get that fixed. I knew it was going to take a while as the parts had to come from BMW Germany.
      01-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #3
enzo65
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MCS, 135i, F348ts SS

Not this exact failure with the HDD but a few of us have had problems with the iDrive computer needing it replaced.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20597
Appreciate 0