BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-09-2017, 12:11 AM   #67
vtl
Brigadier General
vtl's Avatar
Australia
1153
Rep
3,043
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

What final drive ratio did you get in your M3 diff?

The two choices are 3.15 (M3 DCT) and 3.85 (M3 manual). The stock auto 3.46 ratio is pretty much in the middle. I guess no one would want to make their car slower so youd have to get a 3.85 for auto

Mines a manual(3.08) and I chose a 3.15 differential which gives me around 2.2% change vs stock which is quite negligible. I'm quite glad for this as I find the stock gearing to be fine and didn't want to change it.
__________________
Build Thread | MHD Custom Tune | Agency Power DPs | PE Mod Exhaust | 550i Clutch | Wagner FMIC | M3 LSD | Turbosmart Kompact DVs | M3 Control arms | M3 steering rack | KW Competition Coilovers | Dinan Camber Plates | E92 M3 Front Sway | UUC Trans mounts | Nolathane rear subframe bushings | Alcon 355mm BBK | Yokohama AD08R | Apex EC-7 | Schroth Harness | M3 Steering Wheel | LEDs | CIC + Combox retrofit
Appreciate 1
JASE33524.00

      05-11-2017, 02:30 PM   #68
sean5000
Panda Crew
sean5000's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Eastvale, CA.

iTrader: (0)

The doner car was a Manual so I got the 3.85. Finding this thing was pretty tough and when I finally did and saw that it had solid bushings, upgraded diff bushings, and braided Lines I had to jump on it! Hopefully its not too big of a difference but if so Ill be dropping the diff for a rebuild and re-gear. The swap starts tomorrow night and Im hoping to have it rolling by Saturday. The driveshaft has me a bit weary as the driveline shop near my shop, which Ive used before refuses to modify the shaft as its friction welded from the factory which leaves little to no material to weld to. I have another place lll be checking out but I have a race the following weekend so shell be sitting in the shop with all our Porsches for a few weeks unless my fabricator is willing to make the mods and I can some how talk my driveline guy into balancing it on Monday
__________________
Panda Crew
Deutchland Uber Allas

Last edited by sean5000; 05-11-2017 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: added more
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 05:54 PM   #69
vtl
Brigadier General
vtl's Avatar
Australia
1153
Rep
3,043
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean5000 View Post
The doner car was a Manual so I got the 3.85. Finding this thing was pretty tough and when I finally did and saw that it had solid bushings, upgraded diff bushings, and braided Lines I had to jump on it! Hopefully its not too big of a difference but if so Ill be dropping the diff for a rebuild and re-gear. The swap starts tomorrow night and Im hoping to have it rolling by Saturday. The driveshaft has me a bit weary as the driveline shop near my shop, which Ive used before refuses to modify the shaft as its friction welded from the factory which leaves little to no material to weld to. I have another place lll be checking out but I have a race the following weekend so shell be sitting in the shop with all our Porsches for a few weeks unless my fabricator is willing to make the mods and I can some how talk my driveline guy into balancing it on Monday

The guy I took my propshaft to lived 2 streets away from me and did it all in a shed at the back of his house. He did it properly, he cut the flanges off, mounted them in a lathe and machined them down so they fit inside of the propshaft tubing. It was then conventionally welded up on a rotating jig. Its definitely possible to do it properly.
__________________
Build Thread | MHD Custom Tune | Agency Power DPs | PE Mod Exhaust | 550i Clutch | Wagner FMIC | M3 LSD | Turbosmart Kompact DVs | M3 Control arms | M3 steering rack | KW Competition Coilovers | Dinan Camber Plates | E92 M3 Front Sway | UUC Trans mounts | Nolathane rear subframe bushings | Alcon 355mm BBK | Yokohama AD08R | Apex EC-7 | Schroth Harness | M3 Steering Wheel | LEDs | CIC + Combox retrofit
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 04:41 PM   #70
sean5000
Panda Crew
sean5000's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Eastvale, CA.

iTrader: (0)

Well I got everything in by Saturday. I still need to adjust ride height. I started at the lowest and will be raising that soon. My 275 rear tire rubs and full droop so my next set will probably be a 265. Driveshaft needs to be taken to a drive shaft shop in Oceanside which is about an hour and half drive from me. but they seem knowledgeable and willing to do what I need

Name:  IMG_1966.JPG
Views: 900
Size:  108.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1963.JPG
Views: 902
Size:  100.8 KB
__________________
Panda Crew
Deutchland Uber Allas
Appreciate 2
vtl1152.50

      03-20-2018, 11:41 AM   #71
martindz
New Member
2
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: 135i 2010
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: houston tx

iTrader: (0)

Custom Drive shaft

What company's have made a custom carbon drive shaft for this application, 2008 135i n54 with m3 rear end?
I need one done
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 11:19 PM   #72
martindz
New Member
2
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: 135i 2010
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: houston tx

iTrader: (0)

Does someone know if a X5 E53 driveshaft would work, it measures 1325mm.
Part # is: 26107549305
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 11:41 PM   #73
vtl
Brigadier General
vtl's Avatar
Australia
1153
Rep
3,043
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Total length it might actually fit, but its unlikely the centre bearing is in the correct position
__________________
Build Thread | MHD Custom Tune | Agency Power DPs | PE Mod Exhaust | 550i Clutch | Wagner FMIC | M3 LSD | Turbosmart Kompact DVs | M3 Control arms | M3 steering rack | KW Competition Coilovers | Dinan Camber Plates | E92 M3 Front Sway | UUC Trans mounts | Nolathane rear subframe bushings | Alcon 355mm BBK | Yokohama AD08R | Apex EC-7 | Schroth Harness | M3 Steering Wheel | LEDs | CIC + Combox retrofit
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 06:34 AM   #74
vincefreeflyer
New Member
France
18
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: 135I e82
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: france

iTrader: (0)

Hello, i follow this good thread and i have to do a custom pro shaft but i decided to do with most of the M3 parts so this what i plan to do :


https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...dif-arbres.jpg


What do you think about that?

I also did a modification of the bearing : i use M3 rubber mount cause it's harder than the 135I :


Last edited by vincefreeflyer; 07-23-2019 at 06:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 05:30 PM   #75
mistawall
Lieutenant
mistawall's Avatar
United_States
61
Rep
413
Posts

Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: ct

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincefreeflyer View Post
Hello, i follow this good thread and i have to do a custom pro shaft but i decided to do with most of the M3 parts so this what i plan to do :


https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...dif-arbres.jpg


What do you think about that?

I also did a modification of the bearing : i use M3 rubber mount cause it's harder than the 135I :

did you figure out what you wanted to do
?
__________________
08 135i|1M conversion|Montego Blue|TFT Inlets|Riss Racing DPs|Riss Racing Exhaust|Tial BOV|VRSF 7"FMIC|JB4 G5 ISO|BMS Short Throw Shift|BlackLines|KW v3| follow me on instagram!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 04:49 PM   #76
mistawall
Lieutenant
mistawall's Avatar
United_States
61
Rep
413
Posts

Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: ct

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [4.75]
hey @VTL i just wanted to follow up, this thread was very helpful to me. i commented on it back in 2015 when i picked up all my m3 stuff. just finially installed the rear end about 2 months ago. found a local driveshaft shop that welded the m3 flange on the end of my prop shaft and i used your diagram with the measurements for length. bolted up and everything works great! aside from the fact i installed the 3.85 diff.. located a 3.15 and installed it last week. all is well. just have some clunking going on i have to figure out.
__________________
08 135i|1M conversion|Montego Blue|TFT Inlets|Riss Racing DPs|Riss Racing Exhaust|Tial BOV|VRSF 7"FMIC|JB4 G5 ISO|BMS Short Throw Shift|BlackLines|KW v3| follow me on instagram!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 05:20 PM   #77
vtl
Brigadier General
vtl's Avatar
Australia
1153
Rep
3,043
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistawall View Post
hey @VTL i just wanted to follow up, this thread was very helpful to me. i commented on it back in 2015 when i picked up all my m3 stuff. just finially installed the rear end about 2 months ago. found a local driveshaft shop that welded the m3 flange on the end of my prop shaft and i used your diagram with the measurements for length. bolted up and everything works great! aside from the fact i installed the 3.85 diff.. located a 3.15 and installed it last week. all is well. just have some clunking going on i have to figure out.
Great to hear you got it in!
__________________
Build Thread | MHD Custom Tune | Agency Power DPs | PE Mod Exhaust | 550i Clutch | Wagner FMIC | M3 LSD | Turbosmart Kompact DVs | M3 Control arms | M3 steering rack | KW Competition Coilovers | Dinan Camber Plates | E92 M3 Front Sway | UUC Trans mounts | Nolathane rear subframe bushings | Alcon 355mm BBK | Yokohama AD08R | Apex EC-7 | Schroth Harness | M3 Steering Wheel | LEDs | CIC + Combox retrofit
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 07:05 PM   #78
gmagnus7
Private
15
Rep
53
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i FBO N54 MT
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistawall View Post
hey @VTL i just wanted to follow up, this thread was very helpful to me. i commented on it back in 2015 when i picked up all my m3 stuff. just finially installed the rear end about 2 months ago. found a local driveshaft shop that welded the m3 flange on the end of my prop shaft and i used your diagram with the measurements for length. bolted up and everything works great! aside from the fact i installed the 3.85 diff.. located a 3.15 and installed it last week. all is well. just have some clunking going on i have to figure out.
How'd you like the 3.85 vs 3.15?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 02:49 PM   #79
mistawall
Lieutenant
mistawall's Avatar
United_States
61
Rep
413
Posts

Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: ct

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagnus7 View Post
How'd you like the 3.85 vs 3.15?
ahhh basiclly redlining at 140mph in 6th with the 3.85... not ideal. 3.15 is much better. feels stock. but i think i need to rebuild it afterall.. got some weird noises when i turn slowly.

dont get me wrong though the 3.85 was fun around town. highway was a drag tho.
__________________
08 135i|1M conversion|Montego Blue|TFT Inlets|Riss Racing DPs|Riss Racing Exhaust|Tial BOV|VRSF 7"FMIC|JB4 G5 ISO|BMS Short Throw Shift|BlackLines|KW v3| follow me on instagram!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST