BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-19-2007, 01:04 AM   #1
Galligan
Private
14
Rep
52
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Jan 2007

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up Dyno results just in: PROCEDE vs. Turbo Tuner vs. Juicebox (on a bone stock 335i)

Great comparison!!
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78916

We have a lot of extra power to look forward to on the 135i engine :thumbup::thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2007, 12:21 PM   #2
bats
Chilly Willy.
0
Rep
65
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Jul 2007

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galligan View Post
Great comparison!!
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78916

We have a lot of extra power to look forward to on the 135i engine :thumbup::thumbup:
Haha, since no one has a 135i yet, I have been reading e90post's Force Induction subforum, over this one.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #3
blackjoker
Fonzie Up
2
Rep
128
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Jul 2007

iTrader: (0)

Ooo yummy. I think I have my girlfriend convinced to get a 335i. The more I look at modded 335i's, the more I become attracted to it. The 135i better blow this car out of the water, haha.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2007, 07:14 PM   #4
blacknbean
Major
14
Rep
1,044
Posts

Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SF

iTrader: (2)

dont foget dinan is getting in the mix now too...i think its great theres alot of choices. by the time i get my hands on a 135 there should be a lot of data out so I can pick the best tuner
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2007, 07:27 PM   #5
Robert
Major General
270
Rep
6,950
Posts

Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjoker View Post
Ooo yummy. I think I have my girlfriend convinced to get a 335i. The more I look at modded 335i's, the more I become attracted to it. The 135i better blow this car out of the water, haha.
I don't think it will blow 335i out of the water. It's going to be more tossable and cheaper.
__________________
- There's nothing in my pocket other than knives and lint
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2007, 08:58 PM   #6
blackjoker
Fonzie Up
2
Rep
128
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Jul 2007

iTrader: (0)

Well let me explain what I meant by "blow out of the water". What I meant is that I hope the 135i is more fun to drive. And what I mean by more fun to drive is exactly what you stated: tossable. I hope that it is more nimble and quick on its feet with more responsive steering and throttle. I don't really care that much about making 400hp at the wheels by turning up the boost on the turbos, I just care about how it makes me feel when I'm driving it.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 01:13 AM   #7
Robert
Major General
270
Rep
6,950
Posts

Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjoker View Post
Well let me explain what I meant by "blow out of the water". What I meant is that I hope the 135i is more fun to drive. And what I mean by more fun to drive is exactly what you stated: tossable. I hope that it is more nimble and quick on its feet with more responsive steering and throttle. I don't really care that much about making 400hp at the wheels by turning up the boost on the turbos, I just care about how it makes me feel when I'm driving it.
I hope so too but I hope it will come out faster. This wait and lack of information is driving me loco.
__________________
- There's nothing in my pocket other than knives and lint
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 01:34 AM   #8
blackjoker
Fonzie Up
2
Rep
128
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Jul 2007

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
I hope so too but I hope it will come out faster. This wait and lack of information is driving me loco.
Haha yeah, tell me about it.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 07:51 AM   #9
ducati
First Lieutenant
7
Rep
395
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2007

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjoker View Post
Well let me explain what I meant by "blow out of the water". What I meant is that I hope the 135i is more fun to drive. And what I mean by more fun to drive is exactly what you stated: tossable. I hope that it is more nimble and quick on its feet with more responsive steering and throttle. I don't really care that much about making 400hp at the wheels by turning up the boost on the turbos, I just care about how it makes me feel when I'm driving it.
I don't think it will be "tossable" at all--it's still going to be a >3200lb car.

Will it be more fun than the 3er? Probably a little, all depending upon the tuning of the MSport suspension. Although the 130i MSport sounds like a fun car, it apparently has its own idiosyncrasies, including a soft rear to promote traction (lack of LSD!). It will be interesting to see what DSC+ brings to the table, my experience with electronic limited slip devices indicates that they are becoming quite advanced, although still not as good as a true LSD.

But that experience is with offroaders, so I'm not sure if BMW can pull it off with a high performance road car. I hope so.

Back to the main thread: I highly suspect there's great power to be had in this engine, although it remains to be seen how much it can take before the "pop." We have plenty of time for tuners to gather their info and make a reliable package. Probably the only good thing about this wait...
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 02:55 PM   #10
adc
Major General
United_States
1312
Rep
5,676
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80 M3 ED
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MD/DC

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
I don't think it will blow 335i out of the water. It's going to be more tossable and cheaper.
Part of the reason the 335 feels less nimble compared to the E46 cars before it are the heavy wheels, awful RFT tires and soft suspension that was tuned to mitigate the runflat harshness.

So in order to make a 335 feel better, you need to replace the wheels, tires and suspension - around $4-5k in parts, plus installation.

That increases the price of the already expensive 335 to around $10k more than the 135.

If the 135 already has a decent suspension, then it will be lots more fun to drive than the 335 (even if you would have to replace the wheels/tires on it to keep the comparison correct).


I know that part of this is just wishful thinking - but to me the price difference alone would make it worthwhile, as it would increase the modification budget by that much.
__________________

2018 F80 Santorini
2004 Z4 3.0
2014 X3 35i
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 04:47 PM   #11
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
1732
Rep
4,831
Posts

Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati View Post
I don't think it will be "tossable" at all--it's still going to be a >3200lb car.
~100lbs less then the current STI.:wink:
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #12
Nixon
Banned
40
Rep
1,396
Posts

Drives: :
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: :

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati View Post
I don't think it will be "tossable" at all--it's still going to be a >3200lb car.
123d M-sport with a sunroof delete and a +50hp/+75tq chip. (250hp/370tq) ~200 lbs lighter. Same suspension, more tossable. ~45 mpg highway.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #13
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
1732
Rep
4,831
Posts

Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
123d M-sport with a sunroof delete and a +50hp/+75tq chip. (250hp/370tq) ~200 lbs lighter. Same suspension, more tossable. ~45 mpg highway.
And dont forget unavailable to us in North America.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 08:06 PM   #14
Nixon
Banned
40
Rep
1,396
Posts

Drives: :
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: :

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
And dont forget unavailable to us in North America.
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a 2009 model for the US, hopefully introduced about this time next fall. It could happen.

I can still dream, can't I?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 08:44 PM   #15
ducati
First Lieutenant
7
Rep
395
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2007

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
~100lbs less then the current STI.:wink:
I never said the STI was "tossable."

It beats a road into submission. There's no grace and flow about it.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 06:52 AM   #16
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
1732
Rep
4,831
Posts

Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati View Post
I never said the STI was "tossable."

It beats a road into submission. There's no grace and flow about it.
Neither did I.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 08:39 AM   #17
Garrett
Banned
19
Rep
1,356
Posts

Drives: 2004 330ci
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mich

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
I hope so too but I hope it will come out faster. This wait and lack of information is driving me loco.
??

The 135i will be slightly faster than the 335i from 0~60. Simply because it will be slightly lighter.


I believe BMW when they say their tapping into the old 2002 turbo coupe's DNA. This car should be more visceral and grainy than the 335i.






-Garrett
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 11:26 AM   #18
335i=:)
Second Lieutenant
19
Rep
290
Posts

Drives: 335i sedan-blk/blk-Poplar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: utah

iTrader: (0)

Don't forget this comparo is procede v1, v2.0 is just today being installed on customer's cars, one car already dynoed at 378whp with 91 octane! Most will probably end up at the 350-360 whp, the 378whp car had a cat back and upgraded FMIC. More importantly then the max whp increase is that the turbos spool faster then v1 or xede or JB2 due to not bypassing one of the solenoids, v2.0 uses both. Also, the whp gained at 6500 rpm is like 40+whp whereas the max whp gain is more like 20-30. So a much flatter torque curve, with a better throttle response as well as no more short shifting for fastest times!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 11:33 AM   #19
Gldnrkt
Junior Baller
2
Rep
23
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2007

iTrader: (0)

*jumps around like a kid at x-mas*
By the time the 135 gets released there should be a ton more knowledge on tuning and what works/doesn't work on this engine!! This might be to BMW what the B16 was to honda and the 1.8T was to VAG. Simply....awesome!
__________________
Current ride-1998 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro (gt3076r turbo, pauter rods, wiseco pistons) loud as hell and the best 400hp sleeper evAR!!

Jr. Ride - 2007 HD Sportster (Roadster) 1200 (V&H Slips ons, stg1 re-map) 45/60 mpg!! Sweeeett!!!

Hopefully soon-135i, White (is there any other color for a Bimmer??) lol
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2007, 04:26 PM   #20
tenxaday
Private First Class
tenxaday's Avatar
3
Rep
129
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2007

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gldnrkt View Post
*jumps around like a kid at x-mas*
By the time the 135 gets released there should be a ton more knowledge on tuning and what works/doesn't work on this engine!! This might be to BMW what the B16 was to honda and the 1.8T was to VAG. Simply....awesome!
that is true. The thing i m worried about is loosing my warranty and free service. I had that 1.8t with a apr and i could hid that cheap and the dealer never knew.

I want somethign that is safe for the car and wont hurt it in the long run.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2007, 07:41 PM   #21
ducati
First Lieutenant
7
Rep
395
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2007

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Neither did I.
I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati
I don't think it will be "tossable" at all--it's still going to be a >3200lb car.
You said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto
~100lbs less then the current STI.:wink:
What did you mean by that statement? I clearly misunderstood the point you were making.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2007, 08:36 PM   #22
kurichan
Mr. Happy
6
Rep
479
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2007

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Part of the reason the 335 feels less nimble compared to the E46 cars before it are the heavy wheels, awful RFT tires and soft suspension that was tuned to mitigate the runflat harshness.

So in order to make a 335 feel better, you need to replace the wheels, tires and suspension - around $4-5k in parts, plus installation.
You forgot shortening the wheel base at least 6"! How much would that run ya?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST