BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read




 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-29-2013, 06:47 AM   #1
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Harlequin's Avatar
Australia
289
Rep
4,029
Posts

Drives: F32 Coupé
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia BMW Club QLD Member

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Harlequin's 1M Build Thread

So as most of you guys know, I wrote off my 135 about 6 weeks ago and was somewhat lost as to what to replace it with...

Then I found this:



About 5 minutes later this happened:



And then a week or so later, after the insurance was sorted, this happened:



Since then I've been "making it my own"...

So far I have done:

Exterior:
  • BMW Performance Black Kidney Grilles
  • JBSPEED BMW Performance Spoiler with VO Accent Stripe
  • IND Gloss Black ///M Badge
  • IND Gloss Black Sidemarkers
  • BMW Ceramic Tint
  • LUX V3 LED Angel Eyes
  • Blackline LCI Tail Lights
  • Autotechnic 1x1 CF Mirror Caps

Interior:
  • P3 Vent Gauge (v2.1)
  • 12" JL Audio 10W6v2 Subwoofer
  • Pioneer 8400GM Mono-block Amplifier
  • Custom Sub Enclosure from TPLSM3
  • BMW Performance Pedals and Footrest
  • Grocery Grabber & Passenger Footwell Net
  • White LED Interior Lights
  • X3 Grab Handle Sunglass Holder

Performance:
  • aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 Pro 5R Intake
  • Macht Schnell Intake Charge Scoops
  • BMS Clutch Stop
  • BMS CDV Delete











Stuff I've got coming:
  • Cobb AP V3 + ProTune
  • ER Competition FMIC
  • ER Charge Pipe with Forge DVs
  • N55 Midpipes
  • CF Rear Diffuser

Still haven't decided on what Exhaust to get. I'm leaning towards the Akra Slip-on + Wireless Kit but working myself up to the expenditure.

Also going to have my wheels painted. I think I want a finish similar to the Satin Titanium that BBS do on the CH-Rs...

Oh, and I want to give MASSIVE props to Stu@BMRAutowerkes because a whole hell of a lot of this stuff is being supplied by him - at his usual amazing prices. Superstar.

__________________

Last edited by Harlequin; 09-30-2013 at 10:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
1MOz
Captain
1MOz's Avatar
Australia
171
Rep
708
Posts

Drives: BMW 1M AW & F15X5 40d & M2C HS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Looking very nice and pristine. Nice mods as well.

Just curious, you do know the P3 is kinda obsolete when the Cobb AP V3 comes. I was going to get it but realise I can't have both in one OBD port. I like the P3 having "oem" appearance but the Cobb AP V3 has more functionality and larger display but will look "add-on".

Tell me about the Grocery Grabber & Passenger Footwell Net thing you got. Thanks.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 07:07 AM   #3
flinchy
Brigadier General
92
Rep
3,076
Posts

Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Don't think i'd ever get sick of 1M threads, very nice photos, and i like those plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOz View Post
Looking very nice and pristine. Nice mods as well.

Just curious, you do know the P3 is kinda obsolete when the Cobb AP V3 comes. I was going to get it but realise I can't have both in one OBD port. I like the P3 having "oem" appearance but the Cobb AP V3 has more functionality and larger display but will look "add-on".

Tell me about the Grocery Grabber & Passenger Footwell Net thing you got. Thanks.
also interested in the grabber + net

and if you're going to keep the P3 gauge or have the cobb mounted?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Harlequin's Avatar
Australia
289
Rep
4,029
Posts

Drives: F32 Coupé
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia BMW Club QLD Member

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
Don't think i'd ever get sick of 1M threads, very nice photos, and i like those plans
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOz View Post
Looking very nice and pristine. Nice mods as well.

Just curious, you do know the P3 is kinda obsolete when the Cobb AP V3 comes. I was going to get it but realise I can't have both in one OBD port. I like the P3 having "oem" appearance but the Cobb AP V3 has more functionality and larger display but will look "add-on".

Tell me about the Grocery Grabber & Passenger Footwell Net thing you got. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
also interested in the grabber + net

and if you're going to keep the P3 gauge or have the cobb mounted?
Thanks guys. The P3 is from my previous car. I think I'm gonna leave it there or possibly upgrade to the Awron Gauge (Ian is trying to convince me and it's tempting).

I don't really wanna mount the Cobb in the car so will use it for loading the maps data logging when I need to...

The Grocery Grabber goes in the boot - under the parcel shelf. It's awesome:



Passenger Footwell Net is elastic and attaches via 4 carpet plug/screws I got it so I'd have somewhere to put drink bottles and stuff - coz as we know, the cupholders SUCK:

__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #5
BMW86
Major General
Australia
340
Rep
9,170
Posts

Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Looking good Angus
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 07:10 AM   #6
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Harlequin's Avatar
Australia
289
Rep
4,029
Posts

Drives: F32 Coupé
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia BMW Club QLD Member

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Looking good Angus
Thanks Vin
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 07:17 AM   #7
1MOz
Captain
1MOz's Avatar
Australia
171
Rep
708
Posts

Drives: BMW 1M AW & F15X5 40d & M2C HS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
Thanks guys. The P3 is from my previous car. I think I'm gonna leave it there or possibly upgrade to the Awron Gauge (Ian is trying to convince me and it's tempting).

I don't really wanna mount the Cobb in the car so will use it for loading the maps data logging when I need to...

The Grocery Grabber goes in the boot - under the parcel shelf. It's awesome:



Passenger Footwell Net is elastic and attaches via 4 carpet plug/screws I got it so I'd have somewhere to put drink bottles and stuff - coz as we know, the cupholders SUCK:


Great ideas. I totally agree with the cup holder in our 1M is totally useless and there is nowhere to put a bottle of water within reach and being secured. Would you mind tell us where you got these from?

That pic with the storage net is not the 1M right? I don't recognise the console.

p.s: did you get the creak all sorted?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 07:22 AM   #8
bsm135
Private First Class
bsm135's Avatar
18
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: Bmw 135i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia

iTrader: (0)

I love that shot from the rear. Looking awesome. Can't wait to see the updates as they come through.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 07:23 AM   #9
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Harlequin's Avatar
Australia
289
Rep
4,029
Posts

Drives: F32 Coupé
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia BMW Club QLD Member

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOz View Post
Great ideas. I totally agree with the cup holder in our 1M is totally useless and there is nowhere to put a bottle of water within reach and being secured. Would you mind tell us where you got these from?

That pic with the storage net is not the 1M right? I don't recognise the console.

p.s: did you get the creak all sorted?
Yeah... I had both in my 135i... Grocery Gripper I got from eBay (it fits in multiple BMW models):

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BMW-GROCE...53ea189&_uhb=1

Passenger Footwell Net I got from Dealer - they have it in their system. (And no. That's just a random pic I found )

The creak in the rear is getting sorted. I've had the car in at BMW and they've confirmed that it's there. They are ordering me the new front wheel well shrouds and once they arrive they're gonna do it all at once...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #10
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Harlequin's Avatar
Australia
289
Rep
4,029
Posts

Drives: F32 Coupé
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia BMW Club QLD Member

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd135 View Post
I love that shot from the rear. Looking awesome. Can't wait to see the updates as they come through.
Thanks Pete!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 07:43 AM   #11
flinchy
Brigadier General
92
Rep
3,076
Posts

Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

iTrader: (0)

that grocery grabber looks great! so handy for the occasional grocery getter

i'm guessing the awron gauge is like a P3++?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #12
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Harlequin's Avatar
Australia
289
Rep
4,029
Posts

Drives: F32 Coupé
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia BMW Club QLD Member

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
that grocery grabber looks great! so handy for the occasional grocery getter

i'm guessing the awron gauge is like a P3++?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #13
ansch
Captain
Australia
25
Rep
642
Posts

Drives: SGM 135i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia

iTrader: (1)

Looks great mate!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #14
PeteA
Major
PeteA's Avatar
Australia
118
Rep
1,122
Posts

Drives: E30, E82
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (3)

Looks good mate. I ordered the grocery gripper and storage net for myself, thanks for the link

I like the accent strip. Seen it before but don't think it would suit my AW :P Out of interest, were did you get it from?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #15
RoadRunner///M
Major General
RoadRunner///M's Avatar
No_Country
291
Rep
6,530
Posts

Drives: 1M (Sold), M3 F80
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney, Oz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
My Awron arrives this week
__________________
BMW F80 M3 DCT - Silverstone II - AA Mids, BM3 tune
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 12:28 AM   #16
sbce90
Me Boosta
sbce90's Avatar
Australia
230
Rep
5,723
Posts

Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (3)

That rear end with the spoiler and blacklines looks spot on!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:58 AM   #17
510135
Captain
Australia
42
Rep
795
Posts

Drives: f32
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Love it Angus!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 04:06 AM   #18
TS135i
piggy in the mirror
Australia
37
Rep
596
Posts

Drives: 2013 6MT 135i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Black & white emblems and it's complete

Oh, is there anyone in OZ who sells the grocery gripper, $50 for shipping is a bit rich
__________________
135i Coupe N55 PPK+JB4
X3 30d LCI
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 04:12 AM   #19
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Harlequin's Avatar
Australia
289
Rep
4,029
Posts

Drives: F32 Coupé
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia BMW Club QLD Member

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansch View Post
Looks great mate!
Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteA View Post
Looks good mate. I ordered the grocery gripper and storage net for myself, thanks for the link

I like the accent strip. Seen it before but don't think it would suit my AW :P Out of interest, were did you get it from?
Yeah.. Not sure how it'd look on AW... There's 2 vendors on here you can get them from: IND do one and so do JBSPEED...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
My Awron arrives this week
Nice. Looking forward to you doing a review of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbce90 View Post
That rear end with the spoiler and blacklines looks spot on!
Thanks. It'll look even better once it's got a CF diffuser and a new exhaust (I hope)...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 04:27 AM   #20
RoadRunner///M
Major General
RoadRunner///M's Avatar
No_Country
291
Rep
6,530
Posts

Drives: 1M (Sold), M3 F80
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney, Oz

iTrader: (0)

Car looks great
__________________
BMW F80 M3 DCT - Silverstone II - AA Mids, BM3 tune
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 04:33 AM   #21
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Harlequin's Avatar
Australia
289
Rep
4,029
Posts

Drives: F32 Coupé
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia BMW Club QLD Member

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 510135 View Post
Love it Angus!
Thanks dude... It's coming together...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS135i View Post
Black & white emblems and it's complete

Oh, is there anyone in OZ who sells the grocery gripper, $50 for shipping is a bit rich
Nup. Been there and done that on the last car. Went back to standard after a while.... I am looking into getting some that have been "blacked" like the ///M badge on the rear though...

You might be able to get the gripper from your dealer... but the price may make that shipping look good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Car looks great
Thanks Ian
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 05:18 AM   #22
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Harlequin's Avatar
Australia
289
Rep
4,029
Posts

Drives: F32 Coupé
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia BMW Club QLD Member

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Installed this the other night... aFe Stage 2 Magnum Force DCI.

Sound is awesome - It's like having Darth Vader under the bonnet. You can definitely hear the turbos spooling...

Very different from the BMS Intake I had on the N55 which sounded more like a BOV...

I don't know if it makes any extra power - aFe claim 27hp and 46nm, which seems frankly ludicrous but the throttle does seem more responsive than before...

__________________

Last edited by Harlequin; 10-01-2013 at 03:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
1m coupe parts, gtb performance

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST