Norway
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 FIREORANGE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Well this deteriorated . ..
BMWPhotoVin, 01of01, GTS DCT, EPS, MDM,
CS EDC,Analog Dip ,GTS parts.
Euro Vin e30 M3, FIA cage / 14.7 p / w ratio.
Euro E30 touring G30 MSport i3s LBB X5M
3.2carrera

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClRTsfNzuz_EjUBu59UCykA
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 12:11 PM   #68
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post
reminding people of its root and how it has evolved.
When the executive team came back from wherever they had gone for two weeks, the car was built from a functional standpoint, but didn't look very good. They were handed keys, took a drive, and then basically came back with ear-to-ear grins and said "fine, we'll let you build some".

It was the function that led to its production. The way it evolved, including its "parts-bin" character are exactly what was needed. The executive team didn't have a chance to ruin it.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 2
Brake_Late1936.50
GimmeanM1448.50
      04-29-2017, 01:44 PM   #69
3s-a-charm
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model X

Garage List
2007 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3s-a-charm View Post
Why the auto manufacturers aren't really listening to this kind of message is boggling my brain. Hey, build what we want and we will buy it.
True, but consider that we are a select few. The fact that we are as enthusiastic as we are means we're not most of their target market anymore (most people don't chat about cars). BMW is trying to sell the neutered version of themselves, a version the majority of the market seems to think they want.
If you build it they will come...?

BMW demographics research seems to be a self-fulfilling prophecy - most people are buying X so we will make more X even though it's clear that Y is a better car.
Brake_Late1936.50
ORIGIN M.3159.50
      04-29-2017, 05:25 PM   #70
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake_Late View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph335 View Post
He says BMW made them for only 1 yr and in limited # for the US bc they didn't think anyone would buy them?

This is 2010/2011 and we are talking about the N54 which many have uncorked already. Did BMW market researchers live in a vacuum? Probably the same group that thought the Turbo Supra wouldn't catch on.

So let's recap... N54, add LSD, add WideBody, less weight.
Yeah everyone will hate it so lets make a 335IS, and detune the normal 335i with an N55.
Then, lets bring the N54 concept back heavier but charge $80k+ and call it M3.
We will then toss the N55 in the M2 to make sure its not as powerful or can't be easy tuned faster than the F80.

1M is an incredible car in many ways including the $$. I would go for a vert option instead even with the weight penalty.

I still have love for an ESS625 e9x M3, and consider the change for the v8 sound; but a stock one... pass.
More like M3 and 1M eater. I'll go against one anytime w my S54 car. It sucks to get beaten by a car 1/4 the price but sometimes that's a good thing
Right ?)
* Good Lord... Somebody take the RED TAPE off this dude stat !!

It's actually orange but ok I love what red stripes say as well as hanging mirrors ...and I typed N54 not S54
Attached Images

3.2carrera

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 08:55 PM   #71
M5Hambre
Soldier
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Meh. Not a fan of this guy regardless how good he thinks the 1M is. His reviews are similar from car to car. I can't watch the guy talk either...not sure what it is, I think his tongue is too big for his mouth or something.
Yeah, he seems to say "so" awfully lot. Gets annoying after awhile.
      04-29-2017, 09:14 PM   #72
IB M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Someone does a video. Claims some M car is best ever made to get clicks and ratings. The faithful argue and debate for days to follow ... why ... because there are so many great M cars there
is no one that is THE best. If 10 different people were told they could have one and only one M car they wanted, there would be multiple different vehicles picked. There may be a top 10 list but no way is there 1 best ever made.

Therefore all video review talking heads should agree to say "one of the best M" cars but not "the best M" car ever made when they want heap praise on their personal favorite ride.
Appreciate 1
Brake_Late1936.50
      04-30-2017, 08:13 AM   #73
RaceCarDriver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2 LBB 6 speed

That's my car.

I contacted Doug to do a video of my 1M after I learned it was his favorite car he's ever driven.

I've seen him a couple of times since, he's a great guy. We may do more videos together of my other cars.

my YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWT...iVSFmK7nz6Q5_w

my website

http://www.glennscarcollection.com/
Appreciate 2
MSCD3184.50
ORIGIN M.3159.50
      04-30-2017, 08:59 AM   #74
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Convertible

Garage List
The 1M is a great car, my sons dentist has a Dinan Stage II one, sounds awesome. The Valencia Orange is the colour to have if you can. Not sure about Doug, but one question I have is he colour blind? Seems to be off on his colours (i.e. Gold wheels on M4 GTS). Either that or maybe some research on the car.

While the mic had a decent amount of background noise you could hear the exhaust note
ORIGIN M.3159.50
rad doc251.50
      04-30-2017, 09:02 AM   #75
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCarDriver View Post
That's my car.

I contacted Doug to do a video of my 1M after I learned it was his favorite car he's ever driven.

I've seen him a couple of times since, he's a great guy. We may do more videos together of my other cars.

my YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWT...iVSFmK7nz6Q5_w

my website

http://www.glennscarcollection.com/
Nice collection. Congrats!
      04-30-2017, 10:23 AM   #76
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
Someone does a video. Claims some M car is best ever made to get clicks and ratings. The faithful argue and debate for days to follow ... why ... because there are so many great M cars there
is no one that is THE best. If 10 different people were told they could have one and only one M car they wanted, there would be multiple different vehicles picked. There may be a top 10 list but no way is there 1 best ever made.

Therefore all video review talking heads should agree to say "one of the best M" cars but not "the best M" car ever made when they want heap praise on their personal favorite ride.
Dude it is his favourite choice.

This is not about you.

Get over yourself.

Appreciate 1
MSCD3184.50
      04-30-2017, 10:42 AM   #77
norMcal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche GT4 & 2013 VW GTI

Although I respect Chris Harris' opinion a lot, I also remember Randy Pobst not digging it at all. Keep in mind CH loves to drift, and going sideways is not the fastest way around a bend. I can't see how one would consider it the best M car, when it is one of the worst looking M cars, does not have individual throttle bodies, and has a turbo engine......all things that make an M car special.

If BMW had build as many 1M's as they have e46 M3's. Not too many people would be talking about it anymore. The hype is 90% due to it's limited run.

Just to clarify. I think it is a special car, just not the best M car.
Appreciate 1
IB M2765.50
      04-30-2017, 10:46 AM   #78
IB M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

This is not about you.

Get over yourself.

Exactly. His favorite or the best to him but not THE best. THE best M car does not exist given that there is no mutually excepted standard yard stick.
Appreciate 2
      04-30-2017, 10:51 AM   #79
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is not about you.

Get over yourself.

Exactly. His favorite or the best to him but not THE best. THE best M car does not exist given that there is no mutually excepted standard yard stick.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 11:32 AM   #80
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The 1M is also a car that is in most people's price range to purchase even at the retained value they have now... and still great bang for the buck... there is a McLaren in a development near me, great looking car but not realistically something most of us could own and maintain! This 1M does exactly what it was designed for. Very refreshing.
      04-30-2017, 11:49 AM   #81
balloonsalesman
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norMcal View Post
Although I respect Chris Harris' opinion a lot, I also remember Randy Pobst not digging it at all. Keep in mind CH loves to drift, and going sideways is not the fastest way around a bend. I can't see how one would consider it the best M car, when it is one of the worst looking M cars, does not have individual throttle bodies, and has a turbo engine......all things that make an M car special.

If BMW had build as many 1M's as they have e46 M3's. Not too many people would be talking about it anymore. The hype is 90% due to it's limited run.

Just to clarify. I think it is a special car, just not the best M car.
90% due to limited run? Couldn't be more wrong!

From the sounds of it you've never driven one. I could be wrong, but if so you'd change your mind pretty quick about the car. It's a riot
Appreciate 1
Brake_Late1936.50
      04-30-2017, 12:22 PM   #82
norMcal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche GT4 & 2013 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by balloonsalesman View Post

From the sounds of it you've never driven one. I could be wrong, but if so you'd change your mind pretty quick about the car. It's a riot
Didn't say it wasn't a special car, as a matter of fact I pointed out that it is. I just feel that the hype of it being the best M car or the way it holds its value is clearly due to the limited run.
It's no e30m3 or e46 M3, which btw are going up in value despite that, and both of those have real M engines, better looks and probably better chassis dynamics.....and are riots to drive as well.

And, unless you are purely looking at it from a financial point of view (which car depreciates less), I'd take an M2 over it as well. It looks better and seems to be on par or better performance wise.

All that being said, if I owned a 1M I'd be happy to have it, because it is rare, special, fun, and isn't depreciating, but I still would not think it is the best M ever made.
Appreciate 2
IB M2765.50
dmboone254970.50
      04-30-2017, 01:49 PM   #83
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

This is not about you.

Get over yourself.

Whoah chubby wizard
3.2carrera

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 02:00 PM   #84
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by norMcal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by balloonsalesman View Post

Didn't say it wasn't a special car, as a matter of fact I pointed out that it is. I just feel that the hype of it being the best M car or the way it holds its value is clearly due to the limited run.
It's no e30m3 or e46 M3, which btw are going up in value despite that, and both of those have real M engines, better looks and probably better chassis dynamics.....and are riots to drive as well.

And, unless you are purely looking at it from a financial point of view (which car depreciates less), I'd take an M2 over it as well. It looks better and seems to be on par or better performance wise.

All that being said, if I owned a 1M I'd be happy to have it, because it is rare, special, fun, and isn't depreciating, but I still would not think it is the best M ever made.
It's all subjective anyhow )
3.2carrera

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 03:07 PM   #85
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Troll...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is not about you.

Get over yourself.

Whoah wizard
How old are you?

Act your age, not your shoe size!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 03:15 PM   #86
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is not about you.

Get over yourself.

Whoah wizard
How old are you?

lol somehow I KNEW you listened to rap
3.2carrera

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 03:25 PM   #87
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is not about you.

Get over yourself.

Whoah wizard
How old are you?

It's pop not rap.

You are a troll / post whore.

Go count your posts and go play with that quasi m car lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 04:08 PM   #88
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is not about you.

Get over yourself.

Whoah wizard
How old are you?

It's pop not rap.

You are a troll / post whore.

Go count your posts and go play with that quasi m car lol.
Lol
you are a kook
plain and simple
as always
Attached Images

3.2carrera

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread