Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duder13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
Hasn't happened yet lol...but it will! And when it does I will get one to throw around the city
Don’t do it! The day you buy an M2 beater is the day you’ve become a victim of the collectibility of the 1M. Your 1M is fine for throwing around the city.
Haha! You, sir, have integrity!

I agree with you...I hate dilution!
      01-05-2019, 10:17 PM   #46
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

https://carbuzz.com/news/this-used-b...m2-competition
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2019, 10:23 PM   #47
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Hell yeah
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 07:38 PM   #48
M_Thrizzle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VO 1M; E46 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
Thanks!

Felt like I stole it! Car is in fantastic shape and drives like a dream. Just a very fun engaging car to drive

My son is thrilled with it and now all his buddies want to learn how to drive a manual....but, not on this beauty! lol!!!!

Best thing we really figured out when we got the car was that a Dynavin System was put in to replace the OEM Head Unit. They look 100% OEM but now gives us Bluetooth phone, Bluetooth music, navigation and a backup camera!!!!! It's effing awesome and brings the car up to date. Here is a pic of it...
I'd love a backup camera in my E46 and 1M. Even with the sensor I'm paranoid about bumping something.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 08:42 PM   #49
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Thrizzle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
Thanks!

Felt like I stole it! Car is in fantastic shape and drives like a dream. Just a very fun engaging car to drive

My son is thrilled with it and now all his buddies want to learn how to drive a manual....but, not on this beauty! lol!!!!

Best thing we really figured out when we got the car was that a Dynavin System was put in to replace the OEM Head Unit. They look 100% OEM but now gives us Bluetooth phone, Bluetooth music, navigation and a backup camera!!!!! It's effing awesome and brings the car up to date. Here is a pic of it...
I'd love a backup camera in my E46 and 1M. Even with the sensor I'm paranoid about bumping something.
Ck out the Dynavin system for your e46

http://www.dynavin.com/products/n7_e46.php
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 08:08 AM   #50
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Thrizzle View Post
for the E46 for sure there are solutions... go your local mid to high end car stereo store.. I bought an E46 325i for my daughter and had a head unit installed at Car Toys. A decent bluetooth head unit is around $100-150 these days and will have Aux input, and USB. They were able to use modules to wire into the car's factory steering controls for volume up/down, track up and down, etc.. They added a microphone for handsfree speaker/SIRI usage and the added parts was around $120 IIRC. Out the door expense was well under $500. The sound quality of a Kenwood Excelon head unit through the factory speakers is 300 percent better and worth the switch from the factory head unit alone.. and all this is in a convertible, the stereo would sound far better with a roof.

It was also possible to add a reverse camera that put an image into the car's rear view mirror. That was not a feature I considered as it was a several hundred dollar additional expense.

Looks like the item from @Tornado1M goes even one step further. However.. Both My daughter's 2004 and my ex's 2003 E46M did not have the double DIN dash that the Dynavin requires. I believe that was on later 05-06 models and/or was part of a Nav package.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 01-08-2019 at 08:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 01:38 PM   #51
M_Thrizzle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VO 1M; E46 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
for the E46 for sure there are solutions... go your local mid to high end car stereo store.. I bought an E46 325i for my daughter and had a head unit installed at Car Toys. A decent bluetooth head unit is around $100-150 these days and will have Aux input, and USB. They were able to use modules to wire into the car's factory steering controls for volume up/down, track up and down, etc.. They added a microphone for handsfree speaker/SIRI usage and the added parts was around $120 IIRC. Out the door expense was well under $500. The sound quality of a Kenwood Excelon head unit through the factory speakers is 300 percent better and worth the switch from the factory head unit alone.. and all this is in a convertible, the stereo would sound far better with a roof.

It was also possible to add a reverse camera that put an image into the car's rear view mirror. That was not a feature I considered as it was a several hundred dollar additional expense.

Looks like the item from @Tornado1M goes even one step further. However.. Both My daughter's 2004 and my ex's 2003 E46M did not have the double DIN dash that the Dynavin requires. I believe that was on later 05-06 models and/or was part of a Nav package.
You can still get a double DIN in your E46 if you don't have nav. You have to relocate the HVAC controls to where the cubby hole is.

I've wired up several head units before in other cars, and a backup camera for my sister's Subaru. That was the biggest PITA to do!

I've got a bluetooth adapter in my E46 that connects through another Aux-in adapter through the trunk CD-changer and that suits me fine for now. Like you said, I don't really want to spend a few hundred bucks on a backup camera on the M3. I may eventually do it for the 1M though.
Appreciate 1
      01-08-2019, 08:14 PM   #52
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Dynavin is nice because it looks OEM 😉

However, it's about $700 plus installation!
Appreciate 0