BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #67
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by comar1979 View Post
i like

You got allways "mindblowing" Photolocations
Thanks a lot. I try
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolution80 View Post

????

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomquickness View Post
lol at how they give you a hard time about 3 sets of wheels and I went through 4 set with no grief. It must be all your awesome photos
I know right??
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
Yeah I don't understand all the hate....I could understand if JZ was trying to pass off his wheel style as being "functional" for trackdays and things like that...but c'mon....there is no denying that the ish looks good. I mean we all can't be like me and have form AND function (Just kidding John ). I can't wait to see the new wheels buddy!

@randomquickness: WTH you been? Did you finish school in VA yet? Where is this badass Expensive VW you were supposed to be getting
Soon! I can't wait
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Drama lol...not too long before this is the 3'er forum
I'm on E90post all the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcN55 View Post
sick pics john as always. Cant wait to see your next set..lmk when the wheels are off =)
Next week!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armada View Post
Can't wait to see more canibeat on this car, poke /stretch to the max brooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungE30 View Post
Nice as always!
Hey, you're in SoCal?
Ever thought of doing a shoot in the LA river basin. You know, the almost dry canal they use for car chases in movies?
Already one step ahead of you over a year ago...

December 2010 issue of Eurotuner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Why is anyone hating on JZ for preferring form over function? The car functions very well to begin with, and not all of us are about function. I like to have my car looking nice. It's not just a car, it's a hobby, and it's just as much of a legitimate hobby to have a car that looks great that you're proud of as it is to eek out every possible horse out of it.

Plus he's a photographer. And an excellent one at that. I'd take his car over many of the clones I see. Not just with 1ers, but I see so many lookalike E46's, E92's, all with the same style rims and the same drop, the same everything. He's also in Cali. Style on the west coast is very JDM influenced and much "louder" than on the east, to say the least. Some people hate on me for having "loud" cosmetic mods and my ride isn't even lowered. Well I'm not sorry I think being able to drive up my girlfriend's driveway when I pick her up is more important than springs on a car I never really track. JZ shouldn't be sorry either. /rant

Also I read the title and thought you were getting rid of the car. I audibly gasped! hahah. Great looking car, and I can't wait to see what's next!
My ex's place was littered with bumps and dips, she drives a car that is as low as mine. We both want to go lower LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130iguy View Post
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
The haters hate every time he makes a thread showing his car. I think he is used to it by now, lol. He always pushes the envelope and does more with his car than anyone ever dreamed of doing with theirs. He's always thinking outside the box and leading the way for show-focused 1series Bimmers. His car is epic, and to all the haters on here, do you want to know the really cool part? Its HIS car. He can do whatever the hell he wants.
Thanks man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlannBee View Post
cant wait to see the new setup john!

any hint of what it may be?
I have a hint....

Quote:
I've been lurking in the shadows

yep, finished school. yep, in va. I know not what "Expensive VW" you speak of

I am gonna pick up a new 4door tdi golf in the next few weeks for a dd! unless you were referring to this:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=511948
Loving your VW!
Quote:
So jealous Nice man!
Thanks a lot man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alofoque View Post
apparently it does to jz, so seriously let it go. Haters will hate Jz, it's just what they do. As stated before Jz is a innovator for the E82 ::Period::
dislikers gonna dislike.
      06-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #68
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jainism View Post
ITS CALLED HATER ENVY!!!!! I deal with it all the time....
ROFL!!!!!!! you must be quite a looker
Quote:
Originally Posted by romak47 View Post
Guys COME ON!.. where a 1'er brotherhood.. sheeesh...
brothers fight too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
Exactly...a brotherhood and siblings always fight and bicker but still love each other lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
Living a dramatic life is fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkx5m View Post
feed me!!!!! kirk!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by samleeyy View Post
rofl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcho View Post
damn john, let the haters hate. i'll be blunt for you too - 1addicts is boring because most people have the same $hit. "new wheels and rubber today" = csl reps. but then you have people making their cars too.

i think the 1 series is interesting in the sense that it can be ugly from certain angles but beautiful from others. it takes time to learn and appreciate that and I think you've done everything through your mods and photography to eccentuate the best features of the car.

I still think the car looks like an ugly chubby short pig.
Quote:
@JZ: Thoughtful and well written! Keep up the good work and I agree with you...dare to be different! BTW remember form can follow function if done right! Now get your butt to the East Coast so you can shoot some of our cars!
Thanks a lot man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerh269 View Post
EAST COAST.... FTW!!

p.s. JZ your my idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
+1, JZ your car is one of my favorites on here and the only reason I got my wheels is because I loved how they looked on your car. Can't wait to see what you have next in store
Got a call yesterday, new wheels will be ready this weekend. oh what a coincidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HebbNH View Post
Thought for sure you were getting rid of the car when I read the title. Glad you're just changing some things, can't wait to see what's next!
Almost did for an S2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
In...
Hunger!!!!
Quote:
can I haz some popcorn too? I always enjoy john's threads!
Stop making me so hungry guys!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by goeslikeschnell View Post
LOL you guys and your popcorn

Bastards!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkasteez View Post
jz i want to shoot some day this summer man!
Let me know.
      06-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #69
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekL View Post
Haters gonna hatee! Glad you don't let people influence the final decisions about YOUR car!

Soo... anyways.... will we be seeing the new set anytime soon? and when is the next Socal meet? im down to any in the summer!!
Maybe in August.
      06-10-2011, 04:05 AM   #70
nsquared
[Versatile]
Rep
Drives: (S)LOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
By the title, I thought you were getting rid of the car itself! Glad you are keeping it, can't wait to see the next version.

Also, you left your front plate on
Thought exactly the same thing. This is one of the nicest 1 series cars I've ever seen. I love it. I wish I ended up buying a 1 series...
'20 AW F87 X3MC - Sold
Current: `23 Chalk G80 M3CX | Ordered: '24 M3CS - Week37 build.
Appreciate 0