BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #23
Goonz
Rep
Drives: 08' G37S Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post

Don't take it too seriously, especially on internet forums.
Every group of car enthusiast got some really fantastic people, nice, cheerful, pleasure to discuss ANY cars with them. Of course (or "for sure" in Massa's mouth ), then there's some who are just arrogant and stupid, wouldn't learn every car manufacture has its upside and weakness.

We say Infiniti drivers are cocks, sames goes when other people talks about BMW drivers, Audi drivers, Honda, Acura, Scion, etc etc...

Here in a bimmer forum, we're just making fun of other brands
Given many of members here were once an Infiniti owner, JDM fan (many still are now)...We're joking just for a laugh for the day....take it easy...don't take it too seriously....

(Was it because the season start was delayed and you're bored )
yea I know, doesn't bother me really, trust me you go to the Infiniti forums and you will read the same about BMW, its just how it is I guess

and yea Im not too thrilled about a late start to the F1 season, I want to see those new Pirelli's and how once again RBR will pretty much own all the cars this season

oh and can we all take a moment an acknowledge how stupid Kubica is? At the prime of your racing career and you go and ruin it by rallying.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #24
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonz View Post
yea I know, doesn't bother me really, trust me you go to the Infiniti forums and you will read the same about BMW, its just how it is I guess

and yea Im not too thrilled about a late start to the F1 season, I want to see those new Pirelli's and how once again RBR will pretty much own all the cars this season

oh and can we all take a moment an acknowledge how stupid Kubica is? At the prime of your racing career and you go and ruin it by rallying.
Its too hard to tell for the 2011 season, we all know that RBR will be fast. But McLaren, Ferrari, and Mercedes won't sit there and let that happen. Plus there's a lot changes this coming season. New tires, movable rear wing, KERS; movable front wing banned, DDD banned, F-Duct banned.

Its too early to tell from just testing days, we don't know how much their sandbagging, or just running low fuel.
The first few fly-away races might give us a hint who did better in winter, the real race begin when they return to europe.

About Kubica, we've got other threads about this.
Yes its risky, but that's what he loves to do. Are you going to lock your driver down in a hotel room with nothing to harm themselves?
Many of them still doing other sports, Webber does mountain biking, Button does triathlon, Ferrari send their drivers into skiing.

Shit happens, hope him a speedy recovery.
      03-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #25
Goonz
Rep

Quote:
About Kubica, we've got other threads about this.
Yes its risky, but that's what he loves to do. Are you going to lock your driver down in a hotel room with nothing to harm themselves?
Many of them still doing other sports, Webber does mountain biking, Button does triathlon, Ferrari send their drivers into skiing.

Shit happens, hope him a speedy recovery.
true, but as an employer (Renault) you have to protect your greatest asset, thats how I look at it. Wish him all the best, he's number one on Ferrari's radar once the time comes to move.

I feel KERS was much better than the F-Duct, the greatest showing of KERs was Spa when Kimi overtook Fisi on the opening lap in the long straightaway and that was that. I do miss the mass damper technology from the early renault/alonso days though. I love F1

Greatest F1 car of the past decade?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 08:56 AM   #26
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
true, but as an employer (Renault) you have to protect your greatest asset, thats how I look at it. Wish him all the best, he's number one on Ferrari's radar once the time comes to move.

I feel KERS was much better than the F-Duct, the greatest showing of KERs was Spa when Kimi overtook Fisi on the opening lap in the long straightaway and that was that. I do miss the mass damper technology from the early renault/alonso days though. I love F1

Greatest F1 car of the past decade?
However, that kind of "restraining order" contract is not attractive to drivers. I would doubt Robert will be interested to put himself locked down despite a good team and money. But its more of a mutual agreement and respect of teams and drivers, and a self-discipline for the drivers to find a right balance of "extra-curricular" activities.

KERS works differently from F-Duct.
KERS is an instant boost to get Kimi right on the slip stream and overtook Fisi. The down side was the unwanted weight that cannot be shift around to balance the car.

F-Duct is reducing the drag created by high-downforce rear wing set up. The benefit is an overall straight line speed of a few MPH, without loosing too much cornering downforce needed for an overall lap pace. The purpose is similar to removable rear wing.

What I like about F1 recently is even with all the technology restrictions, teams and engineers are still finding brilliant ways to develop and invent innovative creations. Some might say F1 is getting more and more like GP2, but I think only to some extent. Looks at McLaren, they might have something outside the box today!
      03-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #27
Goonz
Rep

Quote:

What I like about F1 recently is even with all the technology restrictions, teams and engineers are still finding brilliant ways to develop and invent innovative creations. Some might say F1 is getting more and more like GP2, but I think only to some extent. Looks at McLaren, they might have something outside the box today!
F1 wants the teams to save money which is why they keep bringing all these restrictions, teams end up spending more in order to find that extra some where, I wonder how much KERs is costing the teams, and it brings back memories of cars smoking because of KERs or that mechanic getting shocked by KERs lol
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #28
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
F1 wants the teams to save money which is why they keep bringing all these restrictions, teams end up spending more in order to find that extra some where, I wonder how much KERs is costing the teams, and it brings back memories of cars smoking because of KERs or that mechanic getting shocked by KERs lol
*cough* *cough*

BMW SAUBER!!!!