BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-14-2009, 12:58 PM   #23
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by trboboost91 View Post
why would i pay out of pocket?
the car has 9,000 miles!

if these cars cant handle a road course and jb3 on map 3 then they arent worth a damn! period.
I guess I'm just wondering how the dealership is taking the blow.... Especially if they know that you were tracking it? I'm assuming that you were able to pull your JB and clear any codes, but I figure they'd have something to say about it the excessive "wear and tear".
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2009, 04:29 PM   #24
tderueda@gmail.com
Rep
Drives: 2010 S2 135i with M Performanc

Quote:
when i say "let go" i mean. BLEW WAY THE FUDGE UP!!!

piston was destroyed, rod was mangled, cylinder walls were gouged beyond belief. exhaust was filled with gas causing back of the car to start on fire!

no grief about coverage though, only question was "have you taken this to the track?"

they saw my M3 lower control arms.

bottom line is im trying to determine what the cause of failure was.

are the auto cars ANY different from the manuals on a track?
was it just a fluke? or are these cars really not fit for track use? maybe because of super high oil temps.

just to clarify i got NO limp mode! just the Limp home!
I just talked to Dinan about your situation, they said that a Dinan Oil Cooler is highly recommended for our cars if any "tracking" is involved.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #25
mcoupe60266
?
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
I guess I'm just wondering how the dealership is taking the blow.... Especially if they know that you were tracking it? I'm assuming that you were able to pull your JB and clear any codes, but I figure they'd have something to say about it the excessive "wear and tear".
so what did happen, what did dealer say?

Past:
'07 Z4 - '99 M Coupe - '89 325is
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 05:42 AM   #26
fatjoez
student
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
why would i pay out of pocket?
the car has 9,000 miles!

if these cars cant handle a road course and jb3 on map 3 then they arent worth a damn! period.
+1 to be honest..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2010, 04:32 PM   #27
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Really disapointing to see that a BMW 135i is not trackable. Hope the M1 will not have this problem.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #28
FORCED AIR
Got Boost?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i, Msport

don't know why everyone keeps saying it is untrackable...he clearly said the dealer thinks it was a injector problem....given the fuel issues with the N54 that isn't really the car or the tune....seems that sometimes the fuel system is just going to go sooner or later....hopefully it holds up next time.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #29
supraking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe 6MT

Garage List
2009 128i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tderueda@gmail.com View Post
I just talked to Dinan about your situation, they said that a Dinan Oil Cooler is highly recommended for our cars if any "tracking" is involved.
Dinan WOULD say that. They're trying to sell you an oil cooler

As for everything else... and I'm really no expert here, I've never put a software tune into a car... but you're playing with a machine that has been tested in a certain configuration. BMW doesn't know what every tune is going to do, and the makers of the tune probably haven't tested it under every set of conditions possible, along with other aftermarket parts.

And not saying that's the reason why this happened, could just be a faulty part that malfunctioned, as the dealer is saying. But let's be real, if you're going to track your car, your car should be properly prepped and tested for tracking. Proper testing, cooling/heating, sensors, brakes, etc..

Again, I'm not blaming the owner of the car. Just saying that BMW can't be held responsible for someone modifying their car and then having it break down. If it's a failure on something they warrant, then great, it's their fault. But we can't all jump the gun and say this is a quality issue if we don't really know everything (as someone else said, even environmental factors can play a role).

Hope you get it fixed up and running again in no time buddy!
Appreciate 0