BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-29-2016, 06:46 AM   #23
F22_Raptor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 07:30 AM   #24
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

Looking like a procession for 60+ laps at this point.

Only a SC can make it interesting from here on.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 07:42 AM   #25
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoohooSoCal View Post
Max will be World Champion one day. I want him to, like you do.

Hup Holland!!
YEAHHHHH .....

But.....
Almost no one knows that "MAX" is actually "BELGIAN" !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2016, 10:37 AM   #26
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtxzptlk

RIC: I got screwed twice in two races
      05-29-2016, 11:30 AM   #27
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtxzptlk

Wow you couldn't have been more wrong. Great race. Poor Rico
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 01:04 PM   #28
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Very entertaining race.

Ricciardo now feels how Hamilton did last year.

Interested to see RB's new found speed at a normal F1 track.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 01:10 PM   #29
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc View Post
Wow you couldn't have been more wrong. Great race. Poor Rico
I sure was. LOL
I fell asleep for a bit watching the first laps after SC left the track. It seem like a procession at the until the track started to dry out and drivers started swapping from wets/inters to slicks.

Feeling bummed for Ricciardo. Too much glow on Verstappen (who kept stuffing his car in the barrier all weekend) it seems that Red Bull forgot that it had another driver.

Last edited by Mtxzptlk; 05-29-2016 at 03:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 03:36 PM   #30
DC-T
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5/Golf R/Amarok

I'm a glutton for F1. So I will watch if there's a 100km/h speed limit.

That being said it's extremely irritating that Lewis gets to cut the chicane and not give the place back, but Pascal gets a 10s penalty for speeding behind the VSC. The rules the same for everyone?

Red Bull have broken a pit stop law-be ready. Always at the ready. If I didn't know better I'd even say they tried to sabotage him. All 13 of them confused on what should be going on. That kind of disaster is reserved for under 5 karting.

But the season is long.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 03:50 PM   #31
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Honestly, one of the funnier moments in F1, especially from a top team. I wonder if they were just a few seconds away from Riccardo pulling up and no one even being there. I'm sure he was sitting there having stopped on the mark thinking, "OK, let's go..wait, where the hell are the wheels? Oh my God! What is going on?"

Has anyone ever pulled up to the wrong pit?
      05-29-2016, 04:37 PM   #32
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Lewis shows who still is the better driver at Benz. Impressive mental feat to pull himself together. Looks promising for a good fight the rest of the season.

What to say about poor RIC? I'm disappointed that he lost his graceful and cheerful ways but also understands it. Who wouldn't. He'll get more chances but need to forgive the team and move on.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 04:44 PM   #33
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-T View Post

That being said it's extremely irritating that Lewis gets to cut the chicane and not give the place back, but Pascal gets a 10s penalty for speeding behind the VSC. The rules the same for everyone?

Red Bull have broken a pit stop law-be ready. Always at the ready. If I didn't know better I'd even say they tried to sabotage him. All 13 of them confused on what should be going on. That kind of disaster is reserved for under 5 karting.

But the season is long.
The verdict..

Ricciardo was in control of the race when he moved into the pits on lap "32" But in a case of "miscommunication between the team’s engineers and mechanics" Ricciardo was left stranded in the pits waiting for the tyres to arrive.

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 07:01 PM   #34
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:

But the season is long.
Hamilton gained no advantage and didn't need to give the position back because he was already in first place. Now, had it happened repeatedly (think Rosberg @ Canada a few years back) then maybe you'd have grounds to complain.

Happened once. No advantage gained. No penalty.
AA Gen 2 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; MCS 2-Way NR w/700F-1000R; GC Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; Zebulon Splitter; Zebulon 330 Rear Wing; Gutted w/Piper Motorsports Custom Cage; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2016, 08:24 PM   #35
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
Has anyone ever pulled up to the wrong pit?
The one that comes to mind is after Hamilton switched from McLaren to Mercedes, he pulled into the McLaren pits.
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2016, 11:16 PM   #36
DC-T
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
Hamilton gained no advantage and didn't need to give the position back because he was already in first place. Now, had it happened repeatedly (think Rosberg @ Canada a few years back) then maybe you'd have grounds to complain.

Cutting the chicane, when the other driver is next you and not giving the place back is an offence. Same way Bottas did. The advantage was gained because he didn't loose the place despite cutting the chicane. If the other driver was mlies behind it's a different scenario, but not then the pass was happening.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 11:21 PM   #37
mc-m3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 X3, 2015 Panamera

Quote:
Cutting the chicane, when the other driver is next you and not giving the place back is an offence. Same way Bottas did. The advantage was gained because he didn't loose the place despite cutting the chicane. If the other driver was mlies behind it's a different scenario, but not then the pass was happening.
Ricardo was behind him, not next to him. I'm guessing that if he had made the chicane they would have crashed into each other.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 11:34 PM   #38
DC-T
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc-m3 View Post
Ricardo was behind him, not next to him. I'm guessing that if he had made the chicane they would have crashed into each other.
Then it was up to RIC to take evasive action of he was on the line. Surely if WEH can get a 10s penalty which matters nothing a penalty can also be handed down for something just as petty.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 12:28 AM   #39
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Then it was up to RIC to take evasive action of he was on the line. Surely if WEH can get a 10s penalty which matters nothing a penalty can also be handed down for something just as petty.
Weh getting penalty for exceeding VSC speed limit makes complete sense and isn't petty. Remember VSC exists because of Jules death. You better believe drivers will get penalties for exceeding the limit, especially when Jules family is currently suing F1.
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2016, 12:40 AM   #40
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc-m3 View Post
Ricardo was behind him, not next to him.
Exactly. Also Ricciardo only got next to Ham coming out of the chicane because when Lewis cut the chicane he went off the dry line. Lewis cutting the chicane actually slowed him down and hurt his exit being on wet track. He didn't gain anything and Ricciardo wasn't even next to him going into the chicane. I agree with stewards decision. Now if they were wheel to wheel coming out of the tunnel, that would change things.

Last edited by DieGrüneHölle; 05-30-2016 at 12:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 01:47 AM   #41
M235iguy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235ix

cool
      05-30-2016, 10:54 AM   #42
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
What race were you watching?

At no point during Hamilton's cutting of the chicane was Riccardo attempting a pass. Now, later in the race, and at the same location, when Rosberg passed Alonso only BECAUSE he cut the chicane, he gave the position back.

Hamilton cutting the chicane was nothing like that.
AA Gen 2 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; MCS 2-Way NR w/700F-1000R; GC Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; Zebulon Splitter; Zebulon 330 Rear Wing; Gutted w/Piper Motorsports Custom Cage; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 12:27 PM   #43
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:

From the rule book point of view it could be a grey area but from the point of fair racing it's crystal clear to me that a driver that is pushed by another to make a mistake and over cooking a corner should be penalized and not be able keep position by driving off the track. It's one of the corner stones of racing IMO to push your opponent to make a mistake to be able to overtake. Nico did it ( cut corners ) and got away with it repeatedly in Canada last year and it was irritating to watch, so did Kvyat if I recall correctly. They can't really have sand traps in Monaco as natural penalties of such mistakes so the ruling should be tougher IMO. If this was quali the lap would not have counted, again showing that there should be a penalty for this.

Last edited by solstice; 05-30-2016 at 12:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 12:55 PM   #44
DC-T
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice
Quote:

From the rule book point of view it could be a grey area but from the point of fair racing it's crystal clear to me that a driver that is pushed by another to make a mistake and over cooking a corner should be penalized and not be able keep position by driving off the track. It's one of the corner stones of racing IMO to push your opponent to make a mistake to be able to overtake. Nico did it ( cut corners ) and got away with it repeatedly in Canada last year and it was irritating to watch, so did Kvyat if I recall correctly. They can't really have sand traps in Monaco as natural penalties of such mistakes so the ruling should be tougher IMO. If this was quali the lap would not have counted, again showing that there should be a penalty for this.
Ah, I'm not mad. Makes me feel better...
Appreciate 0