Bimmerpost for Android has just been updated to version 4.3.55 with a host of bug fixes. Try it out!
BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #45
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
47
Rep
1,198
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rota Spain (US Forces)

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to Bmwbreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjweb View Post
says the guy with the 128
I agreed with him earlier in the thread (so did one other 35i owner) and I drive a 135. Next
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #46
bigjweb
New Member
bigjweb's Avatar
2
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

coming from a subie forum, this reminds me of the old 2.5i vs 2.5 gt thread
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #47
631twentyeighteye
Colonel
631twentyeighteye's Avatar
United_States
165
Rep
2,265
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long island

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjweb View Post
says the guy with the 128
Said the guy with the 135. 135i owners really do think their shit doesn't stink because they have more power. More power doesn't mean you're allowed to be a dick. I can tell a 128 from a 135i a mile away, the bumpers give it away. if removing my badge makes me look like i want a 135i, then you're dumb. I remove it because its a bitch to wax around and it looks terrible.

It's funny how everyone thinks so low of 128's here, I'd wager i could put distance between myself and a 135i on a properly twisty road, where your 400hp meth injected twin turbo engine is entirely unnecessary. Seem's that its become a trend to make the car better instead of the driver.
__________________
08 e93 335i MT

Last edited by 631twentyeighteye; 03-16-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #48
Little1er
Private First Class
United_States
21
Rep
196
Posts

Drives: '08 BMW 135i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Moraga, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 631twentyeighteye View Post
Said the guy with the 135. 135i owners really do think their shit doesn't stink because they have more power. More power doesn't mean you're allowed to be a dick. I can tell a 128 from a 135i a mile away, the bumpers give it away. if removing my badge makes me look like i want a 135i, then you're dumb. I remove it because its a bitch to wax around and it looks terrible.

It's funny how everyone thinks so low of 128's here, I'd wager i could put distance between myself and a 135i on a properly twisty road, where your 400hp meth injected twin turbo engine is entirely unnecessary. Seem's that its become a trend to make the car better instead of the driver.
I'll take your wager. ^^^^

Badge removal is personal preference. Personally, I go with no badge because I prefer the look and it's easier to wax.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #49
631twentyeighteye
Colonel
631twentyeighteye's Avatar
United_States
165
Rep
2,265
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long island

iTrader: (7)

You have better roads where you live! haha. I'm not a great driver by any means, but what i was getting at is that a 128 can keep up with a 135i just fine in the really twisty roads. Especially the ones near you.
__________________
08 e93 335i MT
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 06:30 AM   #50
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
47
Rep
1,198
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rota Spain (US Forces)

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to Bmwbreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 631twentyeighteye View Post
You have better roads where you live! haha. I'm not a great driver by any means, but what i was getting at is that a 128 can keep up with a 135i just fine in the really twisty roads. Especially the ones near you.
This above statement is very true. In something like auto cross it wouldn't matter that the 135 is faster. It's then all about the driver.
I understand where you're coming from man. I'm not the average 135 owner as all my other bmws were NA before this one and no one used to hate on 325is and 330is when they were around. Every sense the turbos came into play people act like your a bastard step child if you don't drive a 35i. I love my car but hate the ass hat stereo type that comes along with it. I complimented a guy the other day on his 128 and said we should get together for a shoot sometime. He said he'd seen me before and thought about mentioning it but figured I'd be stuck up and cocky because I was a 135 owner (like a couple others in the area)
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #51
kayjay128
Private
kayjay128's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: 2008 128i and 2004 X3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Delta BC

iTrader: (0)

I just debadged my 128 today...because it looks cleaner and i just dipped my car.

i have a MK4 Jetta before that was debadged...and before that a golf that was debadged. it just looks better
__________________
2005 Volkswagen GLI 20th Anniversary -1.8turbo, black magic pearl, BBS LM reps, cts turbo exhaust, bilstein coilovers.
2008 BMW 128i, Magnaflow Exhaust, AFE intake scoops, BMW performance Aero package, Kerscher M-tech carbon lip, Scopione rear diffuser, Seibon Carbon trunk, BMW performance spoiler, Injen intake, H&R sports, matte black - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #52
631twentyeighteye
Colonel
631twentyeighteye's Avatar
United_States
165
Rep
2,265
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long island

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbreed View Post
This above statement is very true. In something like auto cross it wouldn't matter that the 135 is faster. It's then all about the driver.
I understand where you're coming from man. I'm not the average 135 owner as all my other bmws were NA before this one and no one used to hate on 325is and 330is when they were around. Every sense the turbos came into play people act like your a bastard step child if you don't drive a 35i. I love my car but hate the ass hat stereo type that comes along with it. I complimented a guy the other day on his 128 and said we should get together for a shoot sometime. He said he'd seen me before and thought about mentioning it but figured I'd be stuck up and cocky because I was a 135 owner (like a couple others in the area)
Only those who appreciate balance really understand it. My friends buddy always rags on me because i have a 128 and mod it. He has a 335i FBO jb4, yeah his cars fast but it handles like a boat in comparison to a 128.

Would 135i power be nice sometimes? Yeah, do i need it to have fun? No, i like to wind my engine's out anyway.
__________________
08 e93 335i MT
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #53
Jmoney
Private First Class
Jmoney's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
184
Posts

Drives: 2012 135i BSM/CR
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 631twentyeighteye View Post
False. Mine's debadged because it looks cleaner and i hate chrome. Everybody needs to get off their 135i high horse.
LMAO! lets not fight! we are all in the same bimmer fam. 128 or 135, both are 1ers.

Still love my 135 tho.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #54
SGJB135i
Banned
-28
Rep
764
Posts

Drives: Jet black 135i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cali

iTrader: (1)

I had my car for a year and never took off the badge, but I switched over to csl now!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #55
dunny
crazy neon guy
dunny's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
150
Posts

Drives: '96 neon
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Middletown, Ohio

iTrader: (1)

My euro delivery 135i had NO badge installed.....I didn't notice until I was home and looking at photos
__________________
dunny
'96 neon 11.822@118.82mph
'13 Ram Black Express
'11 328i / '09 135i M-Sport / '91 318i
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #56
Lmw160
Private
Lmw160's Avatar
Canada
7
Rep
52
Posts

Drives: 09 135
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Vancouver,BC

iTrader: (0)

I think its a personal preference thing. We all do stuff for our own reasons. As long as its a legit preference and not a deception ethics shouldn't be an issue.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #57
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
BrokenVert's Avatar
United_States
208
Rep
10,710
Posts

Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen/NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Badge = you care what others think, or need to impress.... Take it off! I took mine off
My car has its badge because I really just dont care either way!


Code of ethics:

1) We dont care if you remove a badge

2) We only care when you put on a different badge


So long as you adhere to these rules you are A-OK
__________________

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #58
turbo1
Private
4
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i Msport
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

just to add a little humor... the other day i saw an "R350z" R was totally crooked and looking all out of place..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 04:50 AM   #59
eclaxton
A task performed with great ineptitude.
eclaxton's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
108
Posts

Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Big "D"

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
2009 E92  [0.00]
It's yours, if it makes you feel good then do it.
__________________
08' E82 135i |JB4|DP's|HPF FMIC|AFE SI|ER CP|Tial BOV|Blackline's|Lux AE|MP CF Lip|VMR VB3's...Dad's
13' F30 335i MSport |JB S2|BMS Intake|Challenge DP|MPE|MP BBK|MP Front Lip|MP Rear Lip...Wife's
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #60
NYBulldog
Specialist
439
Rep
1,651
Posts

Drives: Nikes
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NuYawk

iTrader: (14)

The code is simple:

- Any car can do it
- Remove if you like it
- Don't put anything stupid in place of it... especially an ///M badge
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #61
SAM135iAM
Lieutenant
SAM135iAM's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
403
Posts

Drives: 11' 135i DCT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas Texas

iTrader: (0)

I'm going to put an Audi Q5 badge where my 135i badge used to be.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #62
jsmonet
Lieutenant
9
Rep
461
Posts

Drives: 2012 135
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: so cal

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 631twentyeighteye View Post
It's funny how everyone thinks so low of 128's here, I'd wager i could put distance between myself and a 135i on a properly twisty road, where your 400hp meth injected twin turbo engine is entirely unnecessary. Seem's that its become a trend to make the car better instead of the driver.
how did i miss this gem...

granted, 335's and to a very slightly lesser degree 135's tend to be the most riceball-tuned cars ever. peak hp tunes tend to be pretty crap for midrange, making gear/rev awareness (something the unusually inexperienced typical 3 owner seems to lack) important. thankfully the one positive aspect of a DI turbo motor is the surprising lack of lag. gotta be some payoff for the sludge.

tighter tech crap is mostly driver, but you can't always assume a crappy driver--even if the car you're looking at screams "noob" haha
__________________
2012 135i. dinan stg3 | ohlins dfv
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #63
cheshirecat79
Captain
cheshirecat79's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
917
Posts

Drives: 370z & 135i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Port Saint Lucie, FL

iTrader: (0)

God, who cares.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #64
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
100
Rep
2,354
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i 2010
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Island long

iTrader: (6)

I love having the clean lined in the back of my car, but to each his own...
__________________
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -TC Kline SA coilovers /camber plates- HP rear toe arms
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #65
2totalled2months
Private
United_States
-57
Rep
75
Posts

Drives: 2010 Toyota 4Runner 4x4
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Indian Trail, NC

iTrader: (0)

I think its a matter of what you like, some come with no badge at all, some came with 135i on the right and M on the left, Ive never seen one with M on the right that wasn't an 1M, I have a few friends that have debadged and one that talked about putting an M on the right but he decided not to because his car is lightly modded and would scorch and stock 1M. Me personally, I don't think it should matter to anyone except the owner what you do to it, as long as you like it. I disagree about badging anything you want except an M, heck if you like it, do it. Having an M doesn't make you any faster and neither does having no badges at all. It may look dumb to some that look and say haha, that's not a 1M, just a look alike but yet many spend thousands and thousands on quad exhaust and other mods in order to get the 1M look, heck sink your money into mods and 20 bucks for the M badge then blow away real 1m HAHA
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #66
Section147
Good To Be Alive!
Section147's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
617
Posts

Drives: Lotsa Stuff
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The North Coast

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2totalled2months View Post
...heck sink your money into mods and 20 bucks for the M badge then blow away real 1m HAHA
Yeahhhhh.....NO.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i, badge, mods

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST