BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-24-2020, 03:56 PM   #1
yokomo963
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

How to: CSF Radiator & CSF Intercooler Installation

Hey everyone,

Throughout this week of 135i projects, the next project was to get the CSF radiator and the CSF intercooler. Overall, the process was easy in theory but due to some slight fitment issues on both the radiator and intercooler on top of the very tight front of the engine bay, it did take most of the day to get these to items installed. The video walks through the adventure we had getting these products installed.

We also walk you through how to get the radiator bled. I ended up using just under 2gallons to fill the coolant system back up. This was after a full drain and bleeding.

Overall, these two products work well and I can’t wait to get it on track to see the real benefits of upgrading my cooling system. I can see a difference from city driving and hopping on the highway. The temps drop really fast once I get air through it.

DIY Video:

Hope this helps someone who wants to tackle this project by themselves.

-Eric
Appreciate 1
ayao634.50
      04-29-2020, 11:03 AM   #2
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

This is one of the best DIY videos I have seen on this and you deserve mad props for putting this video together. I was impressed by the minimal profanity used - there were many times that I cursed in my head while watching the numerous hurdles you guys encountered.
I do most of the work on my car and I think your video has me convinced that there needs to be a for-sure result and benefit to tackle this.

I have been thinking about doing the radiator for quite some time but after watching this ... man.
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2020, 12:10 PM   #3
yokomo963
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
This is one of the best DIY videos I have seen on this and you deserve mad props for putting this video together. I was impressed by the minimal profanity used - there were many times that I cursed in my head while watching the numerous hurdles you guys encountered.
I do most of the work on my car and I think your video has me convinced that there needs to be a for-sure result and benefit to tackle this.

I have been thinking about doing the radiator for quite some time but after watching this ... man.
Thanks for the kind comments ayao!

Although I cannot take credit for putting the video together. It's my buddies youtube channel that he does DIY's for. I figured I would get some of my projects documented by him since there seems to be a general lack of video DIY's on this chassis (there are a few great ones, but many pertaining to the 335i, same motor but the space makes things different as i found out).

Give him a subscribe! He will continue to create these same DIY videos for all projects on my 135i build and also continue to share them here.

As far as profanity... there was definitely a lot used by me towards the end when trying to get the intercooler piping back on lol. Yes, it was a pain, but if you have a helping hand, it really wasn't "hard"... Just very patience testing lol.

-Eric
Appreciate 1
ayao634.50